HM and JC issues

Hi everyone! I've been having a lot of issues with the HM and JC minigames recently. :blush:

With haunted mansion, I completely freeze in the middle of a game. If I play alone, it seems to be okay. But when I play with other players, I'll freeze with 1:30 mins left in a game. I can't move or type. When we move to the next room or when the game is over, I'll unfreeze. It's been making it really hard to enjoy the game especially since I can't tell other players I'm stuck. I'm still able to get the credits I earned when I wasn't frozen if I just wait patiently til the time runs out, but it's really frustrating.

With Jungle Cruise, I'll get through the first run through just fine. However, when I get to the second or third run through, I freeze. This usually happens in the Tiki Tiki Tiki room. I completely dc and have to restart the game. I don't get any credits for the time I've spent playing when I relog.

These issues are making it hard for me to enjoy minigames and get credits. I've been wasting a lot of time in hopes that the game unfreezes. If anyone has any tips or advice please let me know! I'm desperate. If it helps, I'm using Google Chrome and I've already cleared my cache, etc. :blue:

bethmarie

Pineapple obsessed
When I play HM, which I only play by myself, the timing of things is so off. First of all, it says start but I can't move just yet, there is always a lag. When I try to move through open spaces, it acts as thought there is an object there, and it will stop me or worse sometimes it will bounce me back way far and make move towards the opposite direction which of course gets me attacked by the ghosts. On the opposite side, sometimes I can walk through objects like railings or parts of the maze which is so confusing because then I end up where I didn't think I would. When it is the end of the round, if I go to an opening that was the correct one, nothing happens I am just stuck there until the timer goes down. Same for when I get attacked by a ghost, although sometimes it lets me move about it and then the ghosts freeze and do weird things. Also, when I go to sweep up the ghosts with my pack, sometimes when I press the shift button nothing happens or the pack turns on but for literally a second, other times it stays on longer. Not sure if that is intentional. Either way, it makes playing the game difficult. Also sometimes the shortcuts don't work - for example, I always have problems in the attic when I try to take the elevator. When I go in, I will have to go right immediately and press my button over and over or else it pushes me back and forth from top to bottom on the elevator or it brings me back to the bottom if I was trying to get to the top and pushes me back in the room. It is super frustrating.

For JC, the timing issues are there as well. I can't even see my character in the boat, which isn't a big deal, but the animals are not timed well AT ALL so sometimes animals will appear in front of each other and it will give me points for one animal and say I missed the other. Also, I will snap it immediately and it only get an okay meanwhile I will snap an animal late and it will say perfect. The second and third rounds are worse because either the animals will show up late in the round as my boat is leaving or they will show up just as I get into it so I have to quickly snap then im just drifting for a while until I get to the next room. Sometimes I won't see the animals at all, just poof clouds.

I can't get to classic fireworks anymore using any browser, so that sucks. I hate the remix ones. I can't get on the old client to play classic either as those options are no longer available.

disappointed by the mini games

I agree definitely with the timing issues in JC as well. Amy said in the discord that it was based off of how fast you take the picture, but it doesn't seem to always be the case. Sometimes my photo isn't even centered and I'll get a perfect. Sometimes it's perfectly centered and I just get an okay. I just wish the rules were either more clearly defined in the instructions (which for whatever reason, I can't even open in-game) or the game should be more consistent with scoring. Also, as a side note to one of your comments, I usually find that in some rooms I have to put the boat in reverse to capture the remaining animals, but I'm not bothered by it.

And I just avoid fireworks entirely, as I'm not really good at it and it stresses me out more than anything haha.

Valkyrie

Not so Active Member
Haunted Mansion itself has a plethora of bugs. It's been so glitchy that it becomes so frustrating and it makes me not want to play. At the end of each round during the find the right door can be so laggy and often the portals don't even work when you try to enter them, leaving you with either having to run to the next one possibly across the room and risk being caught by the blue ghosts or just waiting until the timer runs out. Also in the graveyard and in the attic when going to the corners to get to the other side of the room doesn't work sometimes either, and I've wasted time trying to use them to get more ghosts at the other end of the room. I feel like HM doesn't get as enough attention as potc does with the bugs being fixed, and it should.

gymnastevr

I haven't tried out HM recently, but I have been experiencing the same problem as you with JC. I keep freezing in the Tiki room during the second round :( I was thinking it was just my computer/internet at first, but it seems to be pretty consistent.

Okay Haunted Mansion is stilling having a lot of freezing issues! It really sucks because I was in the BTS event today and I completely froze for the last two rounds and couldn't help my teammate. Please please please @staff work on this. I made this thread a month ago and it seems like there hasn't been any progress made or acknowledgement of this issue.