Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular Event Rules

HOST_Thanos

Mad Titan
MyVMK Staff
Hello everyone!

I had an idea for a different type of event, one that I expect to take a little longer to play, and as such, I want to make sure everyone feels properly prepared to play before they ever poof into the room!

download.png
Winifred, Sarah, and Mary are brewing their Hocus Pocus Party Potion, and they need your help! Help them collect their frightful friend’s ingredients to successfully brew the potion!

The Goal:
To be the first player to make it to the center piece and sit on the wrapped piece of candy.

How to Play:

1. Four players will enter and stand on the four corner orange pieces.
  2. Each mint color corresponds to a certain villain*
  3. I will roll my gen and players will then be able to move to THAT villains color mint, ONLY if it borders the mint you are currently standing on.
  4. You can only move along the x and y axis, that is you cannot move diagonally (the icing pieces are there to help you see where you can move, you will not be able to move over the non-iced pieces).
  5. You may only move ONE spot at a time.
  6. You are not required to move, should you wish to wait for a different villain to be rolled. You may play with whatever strategy you would like!
  7. To END the game and win (when you are standing on any of the four spots that will allow you to move on to the center space) you must wait until an ORANGE AND BLACK villain is spun (as this spot will function as an orange mint), and then be the first to sit down.
*The Villains:
  • Black and White - Cruella
  • Black and Blue - Hades
  • Black and Green - Evil Queen
  • Black and Red - Jafar
  • Green and Purple - Maleficent
  • Red and White - Hook
  • Orange and Black - All Other Villains (Queen of Hearts, Ursula, Yzma, and Scar)
There will always be Gens with each Villain on them to the right so that you have a cheat sheet in the room. You do NOT need to remember all of these.

An example of how to move is as follows:
If you begin on this orange piece, you would be able to move either to the Red and Black or Blue and Black mint.
Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 10.55.26 AM.png
You will NOT be able to move to the Green and Black mint.
Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 10.57.33 AM.png

I realize this is a lot of information to take in, which is why I wanted to present you with it a few days before I run it for the first time. I will be able to help you as we go through the event. I have it scheduled currently as only a half an hour, but based on the queue size, and time per game, I will adjust as necessary.

As always, please post any questions you may have here, and I will try to answer as quickly as possible! The more questions asked here, the quicker the game will go! I look forward to having my Frightful Friends come and help the Sanderson's brew their potion!

Attachments

Last edited:

HOST_Thanos

Mad Titan
MyVMK Staff
I am not understanding the "non-colored villain" must be spun to win. How do we know which is a non-colored villain since you said all other villains are orange and black? And, it looks like a great game!
Hello! I hastily wrote that because I realized I left it out initially, I should have stated that you must wait for an Orange and Black Villain to be spun!

QueenClarion

I think you're a super Host with so much creative talent! I'm very glad I actually read the instructions before ever entering, because I do have questions. 1. orange and black villian icon, is that like the candy corn icon (triangular shaped) shown on the "official" spinning generator? 2. Not moving diagonally, will be quite challenging, I'll be curious how fast each game may go. 3. On the last spin it's stated the first person to sit, so is the piece in the center one that you actually "sit" on? Hope these questions make sense. 4. Also, the generators have now Seven different options, with the villain icon clearly showing? Respectfully and thankfully, QueenC.

HOST_Thanos

Mad Titan
MyVMK Staff
I think you're a super Host with so much creative talent! I'm very glad I actually read the instructions before ever entering, because I do have questions. 1. orange and black villian icon, is that like the candy corn icon (triangular shaped) shown on the "official" spinning generator? 2. Not moving diagonally, will be quite challenging, I'll be curious how fast each game may go. 3. On the last spin it's stated the first person to sit, so is the piece in the center one that you actually "sit" on? Hope these questions make sense. 4. Also, the generators have now Seven different options, with the villain icon clearly showing? Respectfully and thankfully, QueenC.
Thank you for the questions! As an explanation:
Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 12.07.27 PM.png
The colors I mentioned about will stand for these villains. However, there are also four other villains that these gens can potentially spin:
Queen of Hearts, Scar, Ursula, and Yzma
Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 12.07.33 PM.png
When one of these villains is spun, they will all fall under the orange and black mint, and therefore you will be able to move to one, provided it is a legal move from where you are stood at the time when they are spun.

The candy piece in the center of the board is a chair, and thus the first to click it will be the one to sit on it and win the game. There may be occasions when in a game, two people are vying for the same spot. On these occasions, it will again be the first to click that will actually make it to that piece.

Overall, I ran a couple tests with the help of some staff members, and they took slightly longer than a regular event, but not so long that I feel it will make it impossible to get into. As always, I will adjust as needed!

Thanks again, and if you have any other questions, please just let me know!

I was very unaware there are additional rolls on these gens. we all know it rolls to a 6 and i think 1 character idk who represents a zero and that's 7 villains. So, there are 3 extra characters (ik yzma is and staff can only manipulate items) that we or I were not aware of thus we were confused on these "orange and black" villains. It would help if the additional picture was posted in the original post OR state what the villains are to know which are the orange/black villains. @HOST_Thanos
Thank you.

HOST_Thanos

Mad Titan
MyVMK Staff
I was very unaware there are additional rolls on these gens. we all know it rolls to a 6 and i think 1 character idk who represents a zero and that's 7 villains. So, there are 3 extra characters (ik yzma is and staff can only manipulate items) that we or I were not aware of thus we were confused on these "orange and black" villains. It would help if the additional picture was posted in the original post OR state what the villains are to know which are the orange/black villains. @HOST_Thanos
Thank you.
Thank you for your suggestions! I know originally that these gens only did have the normal amount of villains on them. The extras showed up sometime in the last year or so, I am not sure of an exact date. However, they all can be spun (even Maleficent, who is essentially the 0 for this gen) meaning that there are indeed 10 different villains who can potentially be spun. I will add the names of the others to the pop up in the room, as well as onto the initial post! Thanks for the feedback!

Wow!! Hocus Pocus Villains was super fun! Thx Thanos! Just Super Work!
Thank you! I am glad you enjoyed it! I had a great time hosting it! :D