HTML5 Client (Small) Feature Requests

Amy

Head Administrator
Here you can post any small feature requests you have for the new client. Please include a detailed description of what it does, if applicable.

Small features are things like (and these will be added already so don't suggest them :p):
* Control clicking on an item to pick it up.
* Control clicking on an item in your inventory to "place all" (say you have 50 pixels, it'd let you place them all whilst only going to the inventory window once... you'd have to click where you want them, and the amount remaining would show by your mouse. Pressing escape or a button on the screen would cancel it early).
* Instant messaging (allows you to send messages to your friends in a chat like style instead of how it is now)
* Buying specific amounts of items from the catalogue
* Kick all players in the room for room owners

This kind of thing is a lot harder to add in the Shockwave client (for various reasons), but in the new client it takes no time at all. So, if you have anything to request, post it here! A full list of the planned and added additions will be made available when it's required (so you'll know the new shortcuts and stuff when it comes out).

hmm...
*Personalized color section for clothing?
*A way to edit places where people can and cant walk in a room
*Place in your own room background to a white room?

Ill add more once I think :P

Mr.Photographer

The option to make flat-topped items walkable or unwalkable, perhaps? (Such as subwoofers, crates, etc)

OOO^^^
Adding your own music in the background of your guest room!!!

like a TV where you can pick youtube videos

like on meez.com

Illusion

SHREK OGRELORD
TBH, I feel as though I would like a few new features or shortcuts, but I hope not all requests be made as I'm afraid it would change too much of the nature of the original VMK.

I do support most of the requests so far, especially the clothing view list as opposed to clicking an arrow ASAP to get to the shirt or pants I want to wear.

Illusion

SHREK OGRELORD
Maybe have a way to trade items in bulk instead of having to click such an such 50 times (Runescape banknote?)
Worked well in Runescape. It would be a nice way to make trading large quantities easier.

Maybe when you click on an item you want to trade, you can specify the amount of which and it all moves to the trade area at once.

aliceblue

Not sure if this is really a small request, but invisible, walk-through pixels that can support other objects would be awesome.

I like the clothing/customization interface suggested above, but I would miss the dedicated frame around our avatar; that has always been handy for screen shots. I'd prefer page-turning over scrolling because it's more precise; we could still see more clothes at a glance than we do now.

S

Solar

Not sure if this is really a small request, but invisible, walk-through pixels that can support other objects would be awesome.

I like the clothing/customization interface suggested above, but I would miss the dedicated frame around our avatar; that has always been handy for screen shots. I'd prefer page-turning over scrolling because it's more precise; we could still see more clothes at a glance than we do now.
That sounds cool. They're visible to you in editing mode, then invisible for other players or when you're not in editing mode.

* Sell more than 1 thing at a time
* Longer hair for guys (PLEASE)
* Tap dancing emote action thing
* A game to play while you wait in queue (something simple like checkers or connect 4)
* Custom gift cards!!!
* Cash Registers (the one Amy mentioned before)

These would just be some neat things that I'd like, but I'm not sure how easy some of these are to add.

I would like the ability to toggle visibility of an item to the room owner when building. Only the owner would see the item as invisible and this way the builder can see behind distracting objects without having to move all the furniture in the way. The visibility would be reset upon reentry.