I drew a thing

booglie

Last edited:

Pascal98

Hello! Recently I decided I wanted to start making some item concepts for myvmk and I quickly learned that I have a lot to learn lol
This front view of a dumbo hat is my first try. When I saved it I accidentally saved it in the wrong format and also realized that one of the layers for the yellow hat was accidentally deleted (the edges used to look cleaner)
anyway, here's the hat~

yep! just hoping for some feedback/tips. my main issue with the hat is that it just doesn't look like it fits with the game, especially the ears. I wasn't sure how to shade such a big blank area.
I think you did a really nice job! :)! I think you should work on it's rotations!

You would need to do a right front, right, right back, and back rotation of the hat!

This is so cute! You did an amazing job! Props to you <3!

Kelsey

do you mind me asking how you even made this?! did you sketch this hat out by yourself or what?! i wish i could be an amazing artist to make hats like this ugh :please:

booglie

do you mind me asking how you even made this?! did you sketch this hat out by yourself or what?! i wish i could be an amazing artist to make hats like this ugh :please:
I made it in photoshop. My first step was to use the paintbrush tool and roughly sketch it out on top of my character. I also referenced traditional mickey ears to help me decide how it would be best to draw the base of the hat. After the rough sketch, on a new layer I went in with the pencil tool and pixeled in some cleaner lines. When the outline is done, it's just about coloring and shading with the brush tool. Watching speed draws on youtube can be pretty helpful when you're still new to digital art (like myself) or just art in general. I hope this helps!

Kelsey

I made it in photoshop. My first step was to use the paintbrush tool and roughly sketch it out on top of my character. I also referenced traditional mickey ears to help me decide how it would be best to draw the base of the hat. After the rough sketch, on a new layer I went in with the pencil tool and pixeled in some cleaner lines. When the outline is done, it's just about coloring and shading with the brush tool. Watching speed draws on youtube can be pretty helpful when you're still new to digital art (like myself) or just art in general. I hope this helps!
thank you! i love this hat so much.. elephants are my favorite animal so this is a need :grin:

moonlight06

This looks amazing, I would definitely wear that proudly. I hope you make more hat concepts!!