I made an app

Discussion in 'Graphics & Art' started by mijaro, Nov 13, 2018.

1. mijaro

mijaro Port Agent

In-Game Name:
    mijaro
    It’s not really a working app but more of a prototype design of the app!

My college is having an adobe creative slam contest that I signed up for; which takes place next week.

For the contest we will be paired in different groups and have to design an application (made with Adobe XD and after effects) based on a theme we will be given on the day of the contest.

So I went on and practiced on making a prototype app for none other than Netcot/myvmk (side note: they’re both different games; not saying whose is better)

[​IMG]
    It’s not my best but it gave me an idea as to how the system works!

Update: here's the link to where you can look around and see how everything in the application would works and such if the app was active cause photos don't do justice plus you can’t interact with it.
    https://tinyurl.com/ybz7m22t

I think this is gonna be a start of a beautiful friendship!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  2. mijaro

mijaro Port Agent

In-Game Name:
    mijaro
    Update: I added a link to the project to give you folks an idea of how everything works. Also the link will update if I ever come up with something for it.

Again, this is all created for fun and such!

3. mijaro

mijaro Port Agent

In-Game Name:
    mijaro
    Update:

I added a special feature on the wardrobe section where you select the photo icon and you can choose to save a photo of your avatar

I created the loading screen for the login; which resembles the touchpoint at Disney.

Created an icon for the game button and the game button lets you know if the game is online or down for maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Famous

Famous sad reacts o n l y

In-Game Name:
    Famous
    proud of u, stud

mijaro likes this.
  5. mijaro

mijaro Port Agent

In-Game Name:
    mijaro
    Update: So today's theme at the creative jam was Human Rights and I managed to design this app in less than 3 hours.Here's the link to the one i made at the competition but unfortunately I did not win. However, that isn't gonna stopping me from designing and prototyping new apps I have in mind for years to come!
    https://tinyurl.com/yabofgrk

Side note: I am happy that I got some positive feed backs from on the netcot/ myvmk prototype and same for the one I designed at the jam. So hopefully, some gaming or a start up company would need a designer lol.

6. Space

Space Waiting for 2028

In-Game Name:
    Space
    This is quite cool! I can imagine someone finding use in being able to check and customise basic game features, such as credits and clothing. I find it especially thoughtful to include in the prototype the option to toggle whether mobile data are allowed (screen 06).

If this were to ever be an actual app, I would make the suggestion that the game maintain its aspect ratio by default. This is in direct response to screen 05. This would compel the use of a background on top of which the game is overlayed, and you might consider employing the use of a tiled collage of sorts, like VMKPal did! The images on screens 29–34 could be adapted for this. Here is an example:
    [​IMG]

As for your other creation, the link seems to be broken. Is it still available to view by any chance?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
    mijaro likes this.
  7. mijaro

mijaro Port Agent

In-Game Name:
    mijaro

The funny thing was I added that part because I am sometimes guilty for using too much cellular data and majority of the applications like Instagram require a lot of data to load videos and such. So I added that feature so that players can choose to go for a reduced reduced speed quality but still playable or go big!

That’s what I wanted to go for but have it open a bit to a minimalistic design.

I actually wanted to do that but I was a bit hesitant because some people might want the whole 16:9 aspect ratio or something around there, plus I didn’t have room to add that button where you can add a background photo

That’s strange! I’m gonna go and investigate this cause I think it had to do with Adobe updating the creative cloud and sharing service. Other than that, thank you so much for the feedback!

8. Jason

Jason Adjacent

In-Game Name:
    Jason
    Sorry, what's a netcot? I feel old