I really need your help solving this puzzle......,,,,

CocoBandicoot

I haven't quit; college happened.
okay, so i know i'm not the only one stuck in this stupid redirect loop, but my laptop has been stuck in it on and off first for 3 months, then was fine up until late april/early may and i haven't been able to get in since other than using another computer.

here is everything i've done:

- uninstalled and reinstalled every single version of shockwave using oldapps
- checked the system registry for unnecessary or changed values (found none)
- i always run system scans through malwarebytes, ccleaner, adwcleaner, roguekiller, processexplorer, etc.
(my system is clean..)
-checked microsoft security essentials/ microsoft antivirus to make sure it wasn't blocking shockwave/flashplayer for whatever reason
- checked my firewall to make sure it wasn't blocking shockwave/ flashplayer for whatever reason
-used multiple browsers, happens on every one.
-toggled with disabling/enabling flashplayer/shockwave plugins on multiple browsers
-um i used google but google is being stupid and can't help me bc it's stupid
-tried following adobe's troubleshooting guides for both shockwave and flashplayer
- tried using myvmkpal (didn't work lol)
-tried to understand how to use myvmkexperience but i really have no idea how to connect that file with vmkpal???? ????????????????????????
-toggled with flashplayer's settings
-checked for updates for flashplayer but it's up to date
--tried uninstalling and reinstalling flashplayer 18 (current version)
- tried using others' guides on how they fixed it on our lovely forums but um nope that didn't work either....
- i probably did other stuff too i just don't remember atm ugh

what i didn't do

- downgrade flashplayer
-format my HDD which i really don't feel like doing again i do it a lot and honestly i'm just too lazy to back up everything and then reinstall windows for the what like 8th time ok

what i've deduced i guess (that's a stupid word)

- obvs something is blocking shockwave/shockwave flash/director from connecting to the client's server
and whenever you get dc in general it redirects you to an automatic reload so then after multiple failures on shockwave's part to connect to the client's server it just redirects u repeatedly so you feel like you're in some trippy wormhole time warp frustration pit of doom forever lol

-it's not shockwave itself, there is a thirdparty source blocking shockwave
-that i'm really mad bc i just want to be my virtual mermaid self with all of my friends ugh please osmeone help

omg.. when I was reading your post you sound just like me in rl. I feel your pain and totally agree that google is stupid :blush: I am not tech-savvy but have you tried doing these?

- i always run system scans through malwarebytes, ccleaner, adwcleaner, roguekiller, processexplorer, etc.
(my system is clean..)
Add the website/server IP to the exclusions list. Even if you have the freebie version every now and then when you update definitions if puts you on a premium free-trial so it could have decided to block MyVMK at that point in time. I know that I had to add the server IP to malwarebytes as it regarded it as a spambot server when I first started playing :shrug:

-checked microsoft security essentials/ microsoft antivirus to make sure it wasn't blocking shockwave/flashplayer for whatever reason
- checked my firewall to make sure it wasn't blocking shockwave/ flashplayer for whatever reason
They might be blocking the actual website. Add it to the exclusion list.

Fingers crossed this works for you!

CocoBandicoot

I haven't quit; college happened.
brb trying this[DOUBLEPOST=1437221746][/DOUBLEPOST]
omg.. when I was reading your post you sound just like me in rl. I feel your pain and totally agree that google is stupid :blush: I am not tech-savvy but have you tried doing these?

Add the website/server IP to the exclusions list. Even if you have the freebie version every now and then when you update definitions if puts you on a premium free-trial so it could have decided to block MyVMK at that point in time. I know that I had to add the server IP to malwarebytes as it regarded it as a spambot server when I first started playing :shrug:

They might be blocking the actual website. Add it to the exclusion list.

Fingers crossed this works for you!
oh yeah i forgfot i uninstalled malwarebytes tho

Last edited: