If you were in charge of myvmk what would you do differently?

So I bring this up because I constantly think If I were in charge, I'd have a team of innovators, coders, and designers to make things happen. I also would have less staff events but enough where if you miss one you could still make another. One of my innovations would be to add more levels to POTC and more public rooms. Public polling is a must to gage where everyone stands as far as changing some aspects of vmk as well as having a system where someone could up-channel their concerns, ideas, thoughts or problems so it could be. There is more detail I can go into but I like to see what everyone else think. And even Amy and former and current staff if you could go back in time and do something differently based on the experience and knowledge you have now what would that be.

P.S. I just typed this up in 3 minutes so if you see grammar issues or too much repetitiveness with 'i' please forgive me.

i think removing the censorship is a really bad idea. not that im picking on your post @joetheman , but I think that the old filter was removed from VMK which was definitely a good call, which I think gave us the perfect amount of freedom with our words. But, there are many people on this game who would ruin that and say things they really shouldn't. Sure we're all in our 20s at least, but some people act like they're 11,12, 13 and would not be mature enough to handle that kind of freedom.

What I would do differently with myVMK is to have more community fun. I think VMK is too much like the real world. It's not the rabbit hole to wonderland that it used to be when we were 10 years old. Throw a VMK party, buy your friend a gift and not expect something in return, be kind to others, host games and not expect a prize, hang out in the sci-fi dine-in for goodness sake, where did all my friends go? I'm so sick of people antagonizing each other on here, and nagging Amy when something doesn't get done right when they expect, that's not what VMK is for. I think we have to realize that this is made to be fun, not to get yourselves mad over. It's not government, or politics, Amy isn't a dictator, the money isn't real, and we're not celebrities. newsflash, not one of us is relevant. So let's make VMK what it truly means to us.

joetheman

i think removing the censorship is a really bad idea. not that im picking on your post @joetheman , but I think that the old filter was removed from VMK which was definitely a good call, which I think gave us the perfect amount of freedom with our words. But, there are many people on this game who would ruin that and say things they really shouldn't. Sure we're all in our 20s at least, but some people act like they're 11,12, 13 and would not be mature enough to handle that kind of freedom.

What I would do differently with myVMK is to have more community fun. I think VMK is too much like the real world. It's not the rabbit hole to wonderland that it used to be when we were 10 years old. Throw a VMK party, buy your friend a gift and not expect something in return, be kind to others, host games and not expect a prize, hang out in the sci-fi dine-in for goodness sake, where did all my friends go? I'm so sick of people antagonizing each other on here, and nagging Amy when something doesn't get done right when they expect, that's not what VMK is for. I think we have to realize that this is made to be fun, not to get yourselves mad over. It's not government, or politics, Amy isn't a dictator, the money isn't real, and we're not celebrities. newsflash, not one of us is relevant. So let's make VMK what it truly means to us.
Well said, and it's okay I don't disagree with your logic. I'm just bitter bc I got banned for offensive language, oops.

myVMK is to have more community fun
I like this idea :), I always thought events such as the easter egg hunt, find X person in some random room, and quests are awesome :). It would be cool if somehow on Halloween for a hour when it's busy people weren't allowed in private rooms and must be in public rooms to have a zombie assassin game :) people wouldn't talk like zombies(so normal vmk functions can still continue) but reasmble them and have a reward system for the very last and remaining top 10 top 5 and last person alive

I like this idea :), I always thought events such as the easter egg hunt, find X person in some random room, and quests are awesome :). It would be cool if somehow on Halloween for a hour when it's busy people weren't allowed in private rooms and must be in public rooms to have a zombie assassin game :) people wouldn't talk like zombies(so normal vmk functions can still continue) but reasmble them and have a reward system for the very last and remaining top 10 top 5 and last person alive
omg i love the zombie game idea!!

When I originally joined the game in October of 2014, the game was very much a community. So many people were on, so many events and games were happening - everyone was having fun together. That is something I would do if I ran the game. Remember when you would have to run to a public room and staff would randomly pop into certain ones and give out prizes? We'd have groups of sometimes 20 people together, all conversing. To get there, however, we'd need more people online - and the majority of our players have quit. To help that, I would try to hire designers, staff, and mods who are player chosen. Let the people decide who they think is a better fit to help the community. This way, the people are happy, and if they're not - they chose wrong... Maybe next time they'll pick a better fit. Most importantly, I would make the game as stable as possible. Deadlines would have to be met. Items would come out at the exact same time every week - no exceptions. That is the same with themes, events, and other surprises. If a staff/mod/designer could not stay on a schedule, then they would have to be let go. Nothing personal - just trying to keep the game as orderly as possible. Those are the only things I can really think of!

Edit: Going along with my point on letting the players decide, I think that is something I would make very important as well (if I ran the game). Lets face it - thinking of creative ideas on your own can be a struggle sometimes. We have SO many talented, creative, outspoken players who sometimes think of things I would've never imagined that could really help our game. It'd be satisfying to help the players feel more welcome. For example, the item suggestions category could really become a competition of sorts. People submit ideas all month long (with examples/drawings or simply a description) and then the players could vote for which one they'd like to see next. Bam - the designers have something to work with and the players are happy to see their ideas being recognized. It doesn't have to be exactly the same, but anything close would be great (I know some ideas we think of could be nearly impossible to code). We could have a player of the month or an MVP of sorts - someone the players nominate to earn a prize for the month that is a helpful member of the community. Someone who is always friendly, giving, patient, and respectful to players. The possibilities are endless!

Last edited:
I like your idea Cait, I think if I were in charge of MyVmk I would think about WHY did those members quit. If it was because of a certain somebody, I would take care of it. I think that alone would make everything run more smoothly. I would also do some more player polls :) I am a huge advocate for believing polls work. It gives new ideas, keeps everything fresh. Lets say a persons idea won the poll, they could get a special prize in game or something like that.

If I was in charge of myVMK, then everything would be a complete mess as I know nothing about coding and designing haha. In all seriousness, I really like myVMK as it is and I think the people who run it have done a really great job. I'd probably try add more incentive to play certain mini-games to make them more popular, such as winning items from haunted mansion after catching so many ghosts, etc. At the moment, my only incentive to play mini-games is double credit weekends and keys from pirates/haunted mansion - which is probably enough for some people but I like challenges haha. :)

Something that would defiantly get players into specific rooms and give them opportunities to interact with staff would be for staff (or even players connecting up with other players) to set up a specific time where they say "okay everyone on Tuesday at 3 pm I'm going to be chilling in Main Street if you want to say hello". It wouldn't necessarily be for prizes or anything but you could get to know people and be more interactive as a community.

I'd create away people could use codes again its really pointless to have a code panel when theres so such thing as special codes

perhaps top users of the week would get some

along with highscore winners.

newsletter winners

even contest that offer special codes to the winner

Hmm well personally, I'd try to restore MyVMK back to the overall vibe when and where the overall community was just having a good time. Even better than that which is possible :) To start off fresh, a new high quality staff team carefully and objectively selected based on capability, personality, and work ethic. Current staff must reapply along with new applicants. Hiring process window will be opened for a few months with followup interviews and new hires have a 90 day probation period.

It'd get pretty goofy and random if I were in charge playing a few silly pranks now and then, but I'd really run a tight ship and ensure the team and I'd honestly do our genuine best to get things done right and on time like the newsletter, host events, and item releases. You can work smart and have fun at the same time.

A few ideas would be to have occassional community forum contests to allow a nonofficial designer an opportunity to have his or her item(s) in game. Also, another contest to have a player be able to cohost a host game. Community theme contest. Minigame contests. Player spotlight of the month. More congenial staff and player interaction through occasional polls for feedback/upcoming new features and I'd emphasize the importance of quick address or service for any concerns, problems, or questions players may have. Staff identities would not be anonymous. Anyone I'd hire as staff must account for his or her actions while on my team. Any issues would be addressed swiftly and as appropriate as I see fit. However, I'd always treat my team with the respect I'd wanted to be treated with as well as the community. A certain degree of professionalism is needed sometimes. That's all I thought of for now. It'd be pretty fun to run MyVMK my way :D

I have been playing this game since Day 1 and also played the original from Day 1. You all have some great ideas but what you don't get is the game is not run by Disney; Amy recreated it for everyone to remember the original and enjoy playing again. Staff are not paid and do have lives outside the game. How many of you know how to make items (pins, furniture etc)? My understanding its a long process to make things and for them to work correctly. I haven't been playing much lately do to the so called adults that want to carry on and act like children swearing, causing fights and harassing other players. The reason words are limited is because certain players have inexcusable language that will not be tolerated by other players. The staff do their job to the best of their ability to keep this game up and running, but when you have numerous people causing problems those people should be banned and penalized. Never in my life have I seen so much ignorance or hateful words till this game came back. It is time some of you grow up and act like an adult and not some ungrateful little child. When items didn't come out right away 2 weeks ago a lot of you were belligerent, things happen people get sick, it was a holiday weekend and computers do break.