I'm a daft mac user, help

AddySinger

The Real Slim Shady
Hi!
I've been trying to get on for quite some time (quite literally almost 3 years. I've been persistent because of my love of VMK).
I'm currently on OS X Yosemite, I'm not using Google Chrome & I have downloaded shockwave, unfortunately it will not work and I will go through the loading screens but I will not be greeted by the lovely screen below:

I really want to play this game and i'm open to ideas. I've looked through the forums and I just can't seem to find something similar to my problem.
The only solution I can't do is something that costs money because I'm a broke college kid and paying to revisit some nostalgia is a little much in my books.
Thank you for any help you can give!

Cheshire

Any Mac OSX after mountain lion* (such as mavericks, yosemite, el capitan) has issues with shockwave player. Since you're using Yosemite, some of your options are:
MyVMK Experience
MyVMK Launcher
Also, you can try looking into parallels/bootcamp/vmware. There are multiple threads on the forums regarding these programs. Just remember, these are all third party programs and not officially affiliated with MyVMK. Feel free to ask anyone on the forums for help, someone will be more than happy to offer it :).

-Cheshire :CheshireBounce:

I'm on a Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.4 & I've used both MyVMK Launcher and Experience. Experience seemed to be giving me the same troubles you are talking about with the loading screens loading up perfectly fine but staying black and never getting to the home screen after login.
My problem was fixed with an update for new users but it seemed to be acting up last month which is when I switched to MyVMK Launcher and turns out everything doesn't actually take 20 mins to load. Everything worked super quick and easy, so I recommend you try the latest update.

I believe I updated & used Firefox to download it from this thread:
http://forums.myvmk.com/threads/myvmk-launcher-for-mac-os-x-10-6.57684/

I really hope this helps :RollinHamster:

I'm on a Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.4 & I've used both MyVMK Launcher and Experience. Experience seemed to be giving me the same troubles you are talking about with the loading screens loading up perfectly fine but staying black and never getting to the home screen after login.
My problem was fixed with an update for new users but it seemed to be acting up last month which is when I switched to MyVMK Launcher and turns out everything doesn't actually take 20 mins to load. Everything worked super quick and easy, so I recommend you try the latest update.

I believe I updated & used Firefox to download it from this thread:
http://forums.myvmk.com/threads/myvmk-launcher-for-mac-os-x-10-6.57684/

I really hope this helps :RollinHamster:
What she said :) if that doesn't work for some reason, let us know! I too prefer launcher over experience when on OS Yosemite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AddySinger

The Real Slim Shady
Any Mac OSX after mountain lion* (such as mavericks, yosemite, el capitan) has issues with shockwave player. Since you're using Yosemite, some of your options are:
MyVMK Experience
MyVMK Launcher
Also, you can try looking into parallels/bootcamp/vmware. There are multiple threads on the forums regarding these programs. Just remember, these are all third party programs and not officially affiliated with MyVMK. Feel free to ask anyone on the forums for help, someone will be more than happy to offer it :).

-Cheshire :CheshireBounce:
Thank you so much! I will try both of these out, hopefully it works.