In-game Marketplace

Should we add this?

• Yes

Votes: 110 94.8%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only if... (please reply explaining if you pick this!)

Votes: 6 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dolphinjewel

I love the idea of a marketplace! I vote yes, but only if there are two separate features:

1. Regular marketplace - where you post one price for an item and whoever buys it first gets it. (also, it would be nice to get a message saying who bought it for what price)
2. Auction market - where you post a starting bid for one item, and whoever bids the highest in a certain amount of time (the seller chooses) gets the item.

The reason I want a separate auction feature from the regular marketplace is because sometimes I don't have 100k to outbid someone, maybe I have just enough to buy the item as it is listed.

It would also be nice to have a feature where you can try on the item (if it is clothing), so that you don't buy it and regret the purchase. (maybe a 500c fee to try the item on so the buyer makes some extra credits/just an idea?) The same thing could work for furnishing too, where you go place a clone of the item in your room, so that you can see how it looks. If you don't buy the item in 24 hours, the clone returns to the marketplace. If you do buy the item, the clone is replaced by the real item.

Maybe the marketplace could include values as well? A separate page with all the recent transactions on it. But definitely a separate page with official values, so that you don't post a super high or low starting bid or price.

I love the idea of a marketplace! I vote yes, but only if there are two separate features:

1. Regular marketplace - where you post one price for an item and whoever buys it first gets it. (also, it would be nice to get a message saying who bought it for what price)
2. Auction market - where you post a starting bid for one item, and whoever bids the highest in a certain amount of time (the seller chooses) gets the item.

The reason I want a separate auction feature from the regular marketplace is because sometimes I don't have 100k to outbid someone, maybe I have just enough to buy the item as it is listed.

It would also be nice to have a feature where you can try on the item (if it is clothing), so that you don't buy it and regret the purchase. (maybe a 500c fee to try the item on so the buyer makes some extra credits/just an idea?) The same thing could work for furnishing too, where you go place a clone of the item in your room, so that you can see how it looks. If you don't buy the item in 24 hours, the clone returns to the marketplace. If you do buy the item, the clone is replaced by the real item.

Maybe the marketplace could include values as well? A separate page with all the recent transactions on it. But definitely a separate page with official values, so that you don't post a super high or low starting bid or price.
I LOVE THESE IDEAS!! @Amy @HOST_Nala (I can't think of any more staff to tag but if I could, I'd tag them all :) )

Please!!!! I hate having to constantly ask “is anyone selling...” in random rooms and I feel like people either don’t reply because one they aren’t selling or 2, they don’t want to sell to you because you aren’t “cool” or whatever. I’d rather anonymously buy.

Alakazandra

Ambassador of Hope
This is a lovely idea! I’d love to be able to sell some of my stuff easily rather than monitoring a post or trying to keep up an in-game store. Plus it’d be great to see items before buying them if you weren’t there when they were introduced/don’t remember exact names.