• Iphone

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Andriod

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Other

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

dreaxtina

The typical debate between which phone is better. I'm having problems with my Andriod 5s to the point I'm about to throw it off the balcony. It's almost three years old and from one day to the next it's failing. So I'm asking from personal use, which one should I consider next and why. I already done my research and know the differences when it comes to camera, storage and all that but I want personal experience on an everyday usage. So far I'm leaning towards Iphone for it's video and camera quality but I've always done Andriod for the customization.

I had various iPhones for 6 years. They kept having to replace them, due to "factory defects" and or failed batteries. I got so sick of "cloud storage almost full, buy more" and their awful updates that were always full of flaws. "You should update, do you want to update? Install the update!!!" When I would update, they changed how you accessed things and where things were, with no explanation. I would empty/remove everything, apps, pictures, etc and the phones still showed as full.
Last year, when the screen lifted off the face for the 2nd time, I had enough. I bought a Motorola Moto X and I absolutely love it. Never say never but I wouldn't use an iPhone if someone gave me one.

I second Peasy! I had androids since my first phone and I switched to iPhone (against my will) a couple years ago. It's just so much more work to have an iPhone! And unless you fork out another $200 for the extra storage your phone is going to be good for nothing but the basics (texts and calls) because they throw so many useless apps in and you can't get rid of them that you don't have any storage for apps/music/games! Not to meantion updated and having to relearn everything. And you can't customize anything! Like android I can change literally every aspect on my screen. iPhones you have the one boring option and if you want color you can throw in a background that the apps completely cover. I just don't get the hype or the craze!

The sole reason I got an iPhone was so when I went to college and got a MacBook, I could use the pairing capabilities. I've never been anything but happy with my iPhone otherwise. And if you're due for an upgrade, it isn't as much money as people think. I'm big into being frugal and justifying prices. I don't think I'll ever switch over to android. My boyfriends been trying to get me to for 2 years now. My mom switched over for a few years and hated it— she's back to the iPhone lol There's a lot of great security features and Apple is really good about teaching you about their products if you're new. The only issue I've ever had was though my carrier (AT&T) because I live in a little bit of the boonies so our service isn't great. I've never had issues with the actual phone.

For the problem with iCloud storage, there are settings you can turn off to have it stop bugging you. (I hated that when it was first happening, too.)

You do want to invest in a good case, though, no matter what phone you end up with. There are internal antennae in the phone that are easily shattered. I just invested in a Pelican case (a switch from my usual Otterbox), and I love it. I've never had a screen shatter or any other problems with the phones, and I've had them since I was a Sophomore in HS so about 2010.

Either one you pick, I think you'll be happy with. I just figured I'd share my experience. I'm an Apple lover and I'm proud :P

Edit: this was super sporadic... but long story short: I love my iPhone and it's features, would 10/10 recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had both android and apple phones. It's really based on your personal preference. They both perform well, though I've found that my iPhone's storage fills up FAST. So if you're like me and take a lot of pictures and don't move them to the cloud or a laptop, I'd look into phones with better storage. I have all apple products, and I love the compatibility between them, BUT android phones seem to have more connectivity between devices through google accounts. I don't use that feature that much, so I don't really mind. I switched to apple because my music from iTunes was already there from my iPod and I hated carrying both. I also didn't want to go through the hassle of uploading it all to google music and have the quality go down the toilet.

In conclusion, neither brand is better than the other overall, but in specific categories there's a clear superiority based on what you want in a phone. I recommend *this youtube channel*. The guy is given almost every model of phone and he reviews the pros and cons of each. It helps me a lot.

pirateguitarchick

eyerolling is my cardio.
i agree iPhone's storage is ********. the longevity of iPhones aren't that great either.
you probably get a good 3 or 4 years out of it. then the battery can give you problems as well...
but, i've been an apple girl since the 90's.
i like how new and improved they always are. they are always up to date with everything.
i normally don't have any issues at all and i run my phone like a beast nearly 24/7.
android sometimes seems a little behind (not for me to judge too much since i've never been that user).
i prefer apple products all the way around.