Jedi Training Academy: Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

VMK_Rapunzel

First off, I want to say a huge thank you to all of the staff members who helped out tonight. The team work that went on was absolutely incredible. I've never been more proud to be part of this staff team. (And a thank you to everyone who has left such kind words already! Your feedback is wonderful and appreciated!)

Second – Thank you to everyone who came to join us for tonight's event! We definitely see some issues we need to resolve before hosting it again. Thank you to everyone who was patient and sent words of encouragement to the staff members! To everyone who was in the queue when we broke the game had to reset the servers, thank you for being patient! I hope that the extra room and ewok were an okay consolation for the cruddy situation. (Getting stuck in queue sucks! But there will be other opportunities to play, I promise!)

Third – Now that the first event is over, what questions do you all have? I'd love to put together a FAQ post to explain things in better detail. What kind of feedback do you guys have?

Lastly – There WILL be more chances to become a Jedi this month! We want to hammer out some of the issues before we host again, though, so we haven't added anything to the calendar. Keep checking the events page for more information when it becomes available! (As well as this thread, we'll probably update here too!)

Thank you everyone who was able to attend tonight! To all of you who successfully completed your training... Congratulations! Have a wonderful night!

KarolynD

Impacting lives everywhere
i have a question, if we try again and lose on the same round, will we be allowed to try again on the same level or would we have to start over from the beginning?

QUESTION about this: I have a pin that says level one, but I made it to the third round, is this right? I did however, have to do the after event, for I was one of the "stuck" people lol so maybe that messed with it? :um:

(Thanks again, Staff!!:halcyon:)

From everything I have heard this sounds like the best event EVER. Thank you all :D Unfortunately I black screened while trying to enter (i dont think my cfh went thru it was being picky about sending) then missed out again when the servers crashed at like 7th in line (I guess I have a 0 midichlorian count lol). I will definitely be back again next time! I so want to be a sith :FinalBattle:

Is there a reason the line moves so slow? I was present the entire hour and only got in twice, and lost in the first room both times.
There were some technical difficulties in the temple which caused a slight delay! Sorry you lost but hopefully you'll see the rest because it's awesome! I ended up trying to get in twice but they had to reset the servers. Until next timeee

Fireheart

From everything I have heard this sounds like the best event EVER. Thank you all :D Unfortunately I black screened while trying to enter (i dont think my cfh went thru it was being picky about sending) then missed out again when the servers crashed at like 7th in line (I guess I have a 0 midichlorian count lol). I will definitely be back again next time! I so want to be a sith :FinalBattle:
Same, but it was while in was in the stage 2 room. But I'm sure things will go smoother next time around! CAN'T WAIT :yay::yay:

There were some technical difficulties in the temple which caused a slight delay! Sorry you lost but hopefully you'll see the rest because it's awesome! I ended up trying to get in twice but they had to reset the servers. Until next timeee
I was hoping it was something like that. The teleporter events usually move a bit faster. Hopefully I will be able to make to another one. Thanks!

caseyphino

Thank you for hosting (all of you beautiful staff) this AMAZING event! I only came back to VMK recently, but -- gosh, I'm so happy I returned when I did because I had a lot of fun with last night's first run of this event. I'm VERY excited to get back to it.. since, you know, I've been busy studying. :nod:

VMK_Rapunzel

Hey everyone! I will get to the FAQ’s in one second but I wanted to send off a quick explanation. This is in no way meant to be a pity party, I just wanted to explain where the hold up is and have some transparency with you all. I have been slightly MIA from the game for a while and doing more work behind the scenes than in game. (I barely did hide and seek between Nov and now, no Welcome Parties or anything and I'm missing hanging out with everyone in game so much!) I’ve been dealing with some health crappola. Nothing major, but enough that my main focus had to be real life for a bit. Fast forward... I had to have some surgery on Thursday and I greatly underestimated the recovery for it. I can now say I’m missing an organ which is kind of cool? (Which is better than missing a piano, to be honest... buh-dum-tiss). But I really did underestimate my recovery time, so it's put a little bit of a road bump in me being able to coordinate everyone for times we can host this! That being said, that’s kind of where the hold up has been and I’m very sorry! I only found out about 2 weeks ago I'd be having it, so I tried to plan as well as I could in advance and it kinda bombed so that's totally on me!

We are going to be adding events to the calendar ASAP, just finalizing a few things. :) There will be multiple opportunities, so don't worry! We'll make sure everyone has a chance!

NOW TO THE FAQs!
i have a question, if we try again and lose on the same round, will we be allowed to try again on the same level or would we have to start over from the beginning?
This is a great question! You should be able to start over again with your pin more than once. The level pins are removed at each consecutive winning track. (For Example: Level 1 completion pin is removed from your inventory when you win Level 2 and replaced with a Level 2 completion pin.)

QUESTION about this: I have a pin that says level one, but I made it to the third round, is this right? I did however, have to do the after event, for I was one of the "stuck" people lol so maybe that messed with it? :um:
(Thanks again, Staff!!:halcyon:)
We had a small hiccup with the naming of the level completion pins. This should now be resolved!

Is there a reason the line moves so slow? I was present the entire hour and only got in twice, and lost in the first room both times.
I was hoping it was something like that. The teleporter events usually move a bit faster. Hopefully I will be able to make to another one. Thanks!
We weren't expecting as many players online as there were and ran into some hiccups. Remember, this is not a full teleporter event, so it will not run the same time that they do.

Definitely let us know if you're having trouble! We'd be happy to help anyone who black screens. We know the New Client can be finicky while it's in the Alpha stage still.

Thank you for hosting (all of you beautiful staff) this AMAZING event! I only came back to VMK recently, but -- gosh, I'm so happy I returned when I did because I had a lot of fun with last night's first run of this event. I'm VERY excited to get back to it.. since, you know, I've been busy studying. :nod:
Welcome back to the kingdom!! :] Glad to have you and glad to hear you had a great time!

To everyone who was able to pick their side, we hope you enjoy the badges! (And thank you to @kcoop for the suggestion! We didn't even think about this until we saw your reply!) If you didn't receive one (as we were having some technical difficulties with them last time) we have a list of everyone who entered the Light Side/Dark Side rooms, so send us a Call for Help the next time you're online and we can award it to you!

If you've made it this far, thank you for reading! We look forward to seeing you at the next Jedi Training Academy! :halcyon::GreenLightSaber:

Hey everyone! I will get to the FAQ’s in one second but I wanted to send off a quick explanation. This is in no way meant to be a pity party, I just wanted to explain where the hold up is and have some transparency with you all. I have been slightly MIA from the game for a while and doing more work behind the scenes than in game. (I barely did hide and seek between Nov and now, no Welcome Parties or anything and I'm missing hanging out with everyone in game so much!) I’ve been dealing with some health crappola. Nothing major, but enough that my main focus had to be real life for a bit. Fast forward... I had to have some surgery on Thursday and I greatly underestimated the recovery for it. I can now say I’m missing an organ which is kind of cool? (Which is better than missing a piano, to be honest... buh-dum-tiss). But I really did underestimate my recovery time, so it's put a little bit of a road bump in me being able to coordinate everyone for times we can host this! That being said, that’s kind of where the hold up has been and I’m very sorry! I only found out about 2 weeks ago I'd be having it, so I tried to plan as well as I could in advance and it kinda bombed so that's totally on me!

We are going to be adding events to the calendar ASAP, just finalizing a few things. :) There will be multiple opportunities, so don't worry! We'll make sure everyone has a chance!

NOW TO THE FAQs!

This is a great question! You should be able to start over again with your pin more than once. The level pins are removed at each consecutive winning track. (For Example: Level 1 completion pin is removed from your inventory when you win Level 2 and replaced with a Level 2 completion pin.)

We had a small hiccup with the naming of the level completion pins. This should now be resolved!

We weren't expecting as many players online as there were and ran into some hiccups. Remember, this is not a full teleporter event, so it will not run the same time that they do.

Definitely let us know if you're having trouble! We'd be happy to help anyone who black screens. We know the New Client can be finicky while it's in the Alpha stage still.

Welcome back to the kingdom!! :] Glad to have you and glad to hear you had a great time!

To everyone who was able to pick their side, we hope you enjoy the badges! (And thank you to @kcoop for the suggestion! We didn't even think about this until we saw your reply!) If you didn't receive one (as we were having some technical difficulties with them last time) we have a list of everyone who entered the Light Side/Dark Side rooms, so send us a Call for Help the next time you're online and we can award it to you!

If you've made it this far, thank you for reading! We look forward to seeing you at the next Jedi Training Academy! :halcyon::GreenLightSaber:

OMG wishing you a speedy recovery!! :( Health always comes first so I know the community understands that for sure! That sounds like a very tough surgery so get a lot of rest while you recover!! Yay!! I am so happy that I gave an unconscious suggestion (I was totally trying to guess a possible prize LOL)! Thank you so much to you for all the hard work you've put in to this in the midst of your surgery!! Another shout out to the rest of the staff who made this event possible. You are all so creative and VERY talented!

NOW TO THE FAQs!

OMG ARE U OKAY!? I had a liver transplant if u ever need anything let me know!

@kcoop Thank you m'love! Hehe well we saw your comment right before we did it, did a "can we do this in time" and did what we could to make it happen. I believe @VMK_Schweetz made the badges and they're totally perfect!

@SoakinUpTheSun You don't necessarily have to be... but it's a heck of a lot more fun if you are!
You guys... making dreams come true in a very VERY short period of time. Thank you for making it happen! <3 Amazing job @VMK_Schweetz

So i lost on level 4 last time and got a pin that had 3 lightsabers on it but it said level 4 for the description but when I just looked at it, the description says level 3. I have 3 kyber crystals that show I got through 3 levels and lost on the 4th but I don't know if it's too late to do anything about it.

@VMK_Rapunzel I wish you a speedy recovery!
I' having the same problem as @AllyCatt Also, I had to start from the beginning. Is this right? In the 1st room I picked the wrong teleporter and got sent to the Space Deck and had to get back in the hundred plus line. Am I doing something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.