Jedi Training Academy: Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarolynD

Impacting lives everywhere
Thanks again for the wonderful event. Quick question tho, why is lady on level 4 now pushing first? This is the first time I've ever experienced this, and it seems a little weird to me. She also seemed a bit overwhelmed going between both mats every turn... I think someone should have been there to definitely help her out.

VMK_Rapunzel

Thanks again for the wonderful event. Quick question tho, why is lady on level 4 now pushing first? This is the first time I've ever experienced this, and it seems a little weird to me. She also seemed a bit overwhelmed going between both mats every turn... I think someone should have been there to definitely help her out.
Hi there! I'm not sure, but we can look into it and we can clarify how the higher levels run. I went and floated around today between all of the rooms and I checked in with her multiple times to make sure she was good, especially during the 2 mat thing. She said she was good with it! We were a little low on help today, so we did what we could to fill in where it was needed. :] Don't worry, we're all in constant communication so whenever someone needs help, they let us all know!

Last edited:
That is something ive noticed about level 4 that hasnt been consistent in the times that I played. The first time I went through the room, Duchess pushed me first. I also witnessed Aurora pushing first. However in my battle against Lady, she did not and I did. I assumed that was to level the playing field heading into Jakku, but as I mentioned, it hasnt been happening every time.

VMK_Rapunzel

That is something ive noticed about level 4 that hasnt been consistent in the times that I played. The first time I went through the room, Duchess pushed me first. I also witnessed Aurora pushing first. However in my battle against Lady, she did not and I did. I assumed that was to level the playing field heading into Jakku, but as I mentioned, it hasnt been happening every time.
We'll definitely be making sure everyone's on the same page from now on. Will chat with everyone once the event is fully over. We've still got some people in the level rooms.

How many badges are we allowed? I should now have 5 (Day 1, Born in the Park, Winter Dreams, Dark Side and Light Side). But my Dark Side badges was changed to Light Side today after I completed the Light Side. Do I not get both badges? Is there any way I can change my Light Side badge to the Dark Side Badge? I would rather have the Dark Side badges if I have to pick one

VMK_Rapunzel

ALRIGHT. So we discussed last night as a group on the best way to go about players being able to win twice. Since it is a game of chance, and we did loop pretty good last time around to where everyone was able to get in at least once, we will be allowing players to enter and go through each level to win a second time. @VMK_Schweetz volunteered to make a third badge. A Jedi who is neither Light nor Dark is considered a Grey Jedi so we now have a Grey Jedi badge.
You will only be able to have one of the three badges. So make sure to choose wisely. The Grey Jedi badge may be blank today, but will show up at a later time!

View attachment 11978

If you have already won twice, you will be getting an in-game message (or a forums message) from us to discuss which of the badges you would like to keep. We know this sucks a bit, but we didn't think we'd have players being able to win twice! We do ask, though, if you've won twice... maybe leave some space in the queue for people who would like more of a chance to win. That's up to you guys to work together to make that happen, though.
-----------------------------------------------------
I know this is a bit... Hmm... You know, I'm not sure there's even a word for it other than sucky (?) to be changing things after it's been hosted three times already. But we hadn't originally planned on badges, so we didn't even think of what to do when someone was able to go through (and win) twice. We've kind of been flying by the seat of our pants with it, so for that we apologize. This has been such an involved event, and we hope everyone enjoys it. It's a lot behind the scenes to make sure things run smoothly and that the prizes and things are more than just the HOST prize for the week and are special to this event.

Anyhow, thank you to those who brought this to our attention either in the thread or in a PM. We hope this solution is one that will work well. If not, we can always go back to the drawing board.​
@StormDogs Please see the post from earlier in this thread about badges.[DOUBLEPOST=1519337568,1519336925][/DOUBLEPOST]@KarolynD @OswaldtheRabbit Okay, I've sent a message over. We did discuss this after the first event, to try to fix the bottleneck issue in the rooms. I've clarified with all of the staff members that Levels 1-3, padawans will push first. Levels 4 and 5, the Master will push first. I've got this pinned to our chat and everyone is aware of the process now. It should be consistent from now forward. Sorry about the confusion, it seems there was some miscommunication while trying to fix some problems.

VMK_Rapunzel

I read it, but I have another question. Can I go through the Dark side again to get that badge instead of keeping the Light side badge? It's not addressed in that post
If you've already won once, and chose the Light Side the first time... you're more than welcome to pick the Dark Side the second time for a Sith badge. I'll send you a PM :}

VMK_Rapunzel

Will there be any times after 10pm EST? or on the weekend? the 3pm time slots are super inconvenient
Check out MyVMK.com/Calendar! There's a few on weekends and tomorrow night's is at 11pm EST. We've been trying to reach all time zones, and are talking about adding additional times.

hi i love this event it's super creative and fun and it's been running smoother and smoother each event. great job everyone <3 <3 <3

Wonder

Check out MyVMK.com/Calendar! There's a few on weekends and tomorrow night's is at 11pm EST. We've been trying to reach all time zones, and are talking about adding additional times.
oh cool thanks! last time i checked they werent listed but i guess i should have looked first :look:

I've only been able to participate in the event two times now, because i unfortunately always have class when you guys host the event. I played the first time you guys hosted it and then today, I must say it has improved tremendously even though I only got to the second stage D:

GA_Leia

General Princess
ALRIGHT. So we discussed last night as a group on the best way to go about players being able to win twice. Since it is a game of chance, and we did loop pretty good last time around to where everyone was able to get in at least once, we will be allowing players to enter and go through each level to win a second time. @VMK_Schweetz volunteered to make a third badge. A Jedi who is neither Light nor Dark is considered a Grey Jedi so we now have a Grey Jedi badge.
You will only be able to have one of the three badges. So make sure to choose wisely. The Grey Jedi badge may be blank today, but will show up at a later time!

View attachment 11978

If you have already won twice, you will be getting an in-game message (or a forums message) from us to discuss which of the badges you would like to keep. We know this sucks a bit, but we didn't think we'd have players being able to win twice! We do ask, though, if you've won twice... maybe leave some space in the queue for people who would like more of a chance to win. That's up to you guys to work together to make that happen, though.
-----------------------------------------------------
I know this is a bit... Hmm... You know, I'm not sure there's even a word for it other than sucky (?) to be changing things after it's been hosted three times already. But we hadn't originally planned on badges, so we didn't even think of what to do when someone was able to go through (and win) twice. We've kind of been flying by the seat of our pants with it, so for that we apologize. This has been such an involved event, and we hope everyone enjoys it. It's a lot behind the scenes to make sure things run smoothly and that the prizes and things are more than just the HOST prize for the week and are special to this event.

Anyhow, thank you to those who brought this to our attention either in the thread or in a PM. We hope this solution is one that will work well. If not, we can always go back to the drawing board.​
@Danny_DeVito

VMK_Rapunzel

Hi guys,
Just wanted to provide a quick update. For JTA, we need a lot of Jedi Masters to be available (8 total at a bare minimum, and even then we are really flying by the seat of our pants) and sometimes they're called off to battle (ugh, sorry but the dad jokes are so much fun). Real life things happen without warning and we can't pull together 8 of us to host it. I'm so sorry we had to cancel today's event, but I assure you we're going to work to try to reschedule it for you all. I'm so sorry for any kind of inconvenience. We're working to make it up to you guys. :halcyon:
:Xwing:

Hi guys,
Just wanted to provide a quick update. For JTA, we need a lot of Jedi Masters to be available (8 total at a bare minimum, and even then we are really flying by the seat of our pants) and sometimes they're called off to battle (ugh, sorry but the dad jokes are so much fun). Real life things happen without warning and we can't pull together 8 of us to host it. I'm so sorry we had to cancel today's event, but I assure you we're going to work to try to reschedule it for you all. I'm so sorry for any kind of inconvenience. We're working to make it up to you guys. :halcyon:
Please try to reschedule at the same time! Some of us really like Noon for events!

Hi guys,
Ya'll are doing awesome. We get it, life happens! Excited to try again! <3333

Bookfield

Wow this is the absolute BEST HOST EVENT EVER! I really appreciate all the thought and time put into its creation and execution. I loved everything from the atmosphere of the different rooms, to the fantastic music, to the exciting trials. It is truly a Disney-worthy event. Walt would be proud! I would love to see this as a regular event that appeared every so often. It makes me feel even more like I'm at a Disney park. Thank you thank you thank you hosts and staff!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.