Jedi Training Academy: Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

VMK_Rapunzel

Is there another event? I haven't been able to make it to majority of them because of classes :/
Right now we are discussing adding an additional event. We're not sure if it will be possible. We were low on Jedi Masters tonight and ran into a LOT of glitches. But we're going to discuss and try to find the best option. Please hang tight. For everyone who was patient with us as we went through trying to answer all of the Calls for Help (I'm pretty sure there were over 100 sent tonight...) thank you! I'll update here as soon as I have any answers. I'm sorry, guys.

Rapunzel, there is absolutely nothing to be sorry about! How you managed to orchestrate such an event is well beyond me.. I think its safe to say youve pulled off the most successful event in the history of MyVMK, and that is no small feat. While I would happily play this event 20,000 more times and still not be satisfied, I can not be more happy to have been here at this moment to get to play it. And while, yes, I have won the event and thus I dont know the frustrations of those who have played multiple times but have not been as lucky, there are always those who dont manage to win an event and or specific HOST prize. Its all in the name of the game, and while its angering now, looking back I think everyone will have been happy to have gotten to play. Its impossible to please everyone, and you shouldnt extend yourself past what is humanely possible for you to do.

We are all guilty of taking these things for granted, taking the time of volunteers for granted, and so I just want to say thank you. Thank you Rapunzel, and the rest of the amazing staff team for having put together such an event, and for modifying it on the fly to accommodate as many players as possible. Thank you for all the time youve put into this event, and know that while some people may be sad or mad now, you have done everything in your power to make a great experience for them. So thank you all, and dont feel bad, not even for a second, because you've united this community this month to a degree I have never seen before. Thank you all for an awesome month :D

@VMK_Rapunzel there’s absolutely no reason for you to have to say you’re sorry. We know you’re trying your hardest to get as many of these events on the calendar as possible.

That being said, I would totally help y’all out if you needed some extra hands. I’ve already won twice and don’t want to take a chance at winning away from someone else. I want see everyone get a chance to get through this amazing event :)

KarolynD

Impacting lives everywhere
Just a quick question;

If there will not be anymore jedi training events, what will happen with our uncompleted jedi levels pins? Maybe we could change them for credits or something of that sort?

Just an idea.

While I hope that there is another JTA event, I am very glad to have gotten to participate! It was a wonderful month and I had alot of fun! I have yet to become a Jedi but I did appreciate the constant adjusting that was done so that people who weren't able to make it in were given a chance. I think the fact that we have worked together as a community this month to find the flaws and awesome things about the event and make it the best possible opens a lot of doors for future events! Thanks for an awesome month!

SiriuslySaintlike

"I'm holy. Holey, Fred. Geddit?"
Right now we are discussing adding an additional event. We're not sure if it will be possible ... I'm sorry, guys.
As many others have said before, there is definitely NOTHING for any of the staff to be sorry about. Life happens. JA is/was an amazing event during an extremely popular month. Y'all have lives, I mean, I can't relate, but you shouldn't be faulted for that! :p Obviously I would LOVE to have another JA event, as I haven't had a chance to win, but if it doesn't happen, I'm not going to lose any sleep about it. I'm happy to have been able to participate. I think my problem is that I get a little frustrated when I spend a fair amount of time and effort at something and I end up with essentially nothing to show for it. However, like I said, that's a me problem. At the end of the day, this is a game that I enjoy playing. This event and this month have been nothing short of spectacular. I love Star Wars, and I wasn't playing last time there was a Star Wars month. So this month definitely exceeded any and all expectations. Plus, y'all have another month you're planning for right now, so don't stress yourself out about adding another event if it doesn't work out. Thank you staff for everything you do for us. I know that whatever you do there are always going to be people that complain, but hey, that's the internet. Just dab on the haters. We love you <3

Thank you to the staff for an amazing month! The releases were wonderful and the Jedi Training Academy was memorable. I was lucky enough to become a Master of the Jedi and Sith. For those not fortunate to have made it through JTA an idea could be to have it on May 25th for the release of Solo.

Thank you to the staff for an amazing month! The releases were wonderful and the Jedi Training Academy was memorable. I was lucky enough to become a Master of the Jedi and Sith. For those not fortunate to have made it through JTA an idea could be to have it on May 25th for the release of Solo.
and maybe for May 4th, for the 'Fourth be with you" XD

VMK_Rapunzel

@OswaldtheRabbit This is easily the most amazing compliment I've ever been paid, but it was not just me! It was all of the staff members who volunteered hours this month, everyone who made rooms and prizes, and Amy coding special things for it. It was definitely a group effort. I really do appreciate you words, thank you so much for keeping this thread active with input and ideas and suggestions. I've passed on your kind words to all of the people who have helped this month. As I am writing this reply, I sent it to the staff team, and I think one of our staff members summed it up perfectly: "THAT is what makes it worth it. That's all we want."

@CoralHibiscus Thank you, love! I definitely wish I could've had it on and hosted it 50 times this month, but it takes a village, as they say. Thanks so much for leaving room for other players! One of the things that came out of this event is the fact the in-game moderators (as I'm sure the rest of the staff) are reviewing our Clone Policies. With Amy's release of the Alpha of the New Client, we're able to do so much more than we could've ever imagined, so we're looking at ways to better even the playing field.

@KarolynD Keep them! We're looking to have some special extra days added in the upcoming months. Keep an eye on the calendar! :]

@Morgan E Thanks so much for your kind words! I'm glad you had a great time, and I totally agree... seeing everyone working together really made it special!

@SiriuslySaintlike You poor thing, I am so sorry for all of the disconnections last night. It was happening to a LOT of players and I'm not entirely sure why. Had that not have been happening, I think we would've extended longer to loop the queue. Thank you soooo much for your kind words!

@StormDogs @thatcookiewasgood I cannot confirm nor deny whether or not we were discussing both of these dates..................... cough cough cough cough

-----------------------------------------------------------------
As a quick close out to the month and the Jedi Training Event (........for now........) I just wanted to send a very big thank you to everyone who has participated in discussions, attended the event, been patient with us as we figure out issues, and everyone who has left compliments. Seeing the event start as a small idea and snowball into this extensive event that has brought all of our staff members and community together... It has been something extraordinary to witness.
I'll hold off on the mushy words, but I just wanted to personally say THANK YOU. I would've never imagined it to become such a big thing, but here we are! I have loved sharing with you, goofing around with you (where's the Bohemian Rhapsody group from the overflow room?), and discussing ideas and suggestions and solutions to problems with you.
To all of the staff members who have volunteered hours on top of their original commitments, THANK YOU. You are the real superstars and I'll be sending you all a super mushy thing later saying my thank yous and singing praises. I love you guys, you've become family.

Last edited:

Captn

Drink up me hearties, yo ho!
Wanted to give a big thank-you to the staff for putting on my favorite event in all my just-about-4-months of playing. As someone who usually avoids Host events like the plague because 1. the amount of people and 2. anxiety, Jedi Training was pretty darn spectacular. I never made it to master, but my journey to level 5 was so much fun and filled with memories I won't be forgetting anytime soon (overflow room squad!)

I hope that soon I can complete my journey to become a Jedi Master; but if I don't, I can say I at least had fun trying (or would it be... training?).

May the Force be with you all!

Cap

VMK_Rapunzel

Hi everyone, I just wanted to give a heads up. Due to the size of the queue, many many clones clogging the queue and rooms, and a discussion among staff members and admins, we have decided that for this last installment no clones will be admitted. We want as many people as possible to have the chance to become a Jedi Master, and by eliminating clones for this last time, we believe that this will be possible. Thank you for your understanding. We hope you enjoy this last installment!

Punz you have done a phenomenal job with this event. It's been my favorite event to date. Please never ever apologize ever again because you have done such a great job and you have absolutely nothing to apologize for. Thank you so so much for your hard work and dedication to making this event possible. I love it so much. Star Wars is my favorite and this event is so creative and unique and encompasses everything I love about Star Wars. Great job bby <3 and great job to every staff member involved in helping make it possible <3

Hi Rapunzel! I had a question. If I were to solely log on to my clone account, not my real, would that be permitted or no? Aka I would only be playing on one account at the time. I alternate between accounts so my clone happens to have a high pin rn and have a better chance on that account.

Thanks!

VMK_Rapunzel

Hi Rapunzel! I had a question. If I were to solely log on to my clone account, not my real, would that be permitted or no? Aka I would only be playing on one account at the time. I alternate between accounts so my clone happens to have a high pin rn and have a better chance on that account.

Thanks!
Yes, as long as it's just one account in the queue.

Status
Not open for further replies.