July HOST Events

HOST_Absolem

MyVMK Staff
Staff member
MyVMK Staff
MyVMK Staff
'ello everyone! :hearts:

I'd love to get your input on the events I ran this month. For the month of July, I ran 4 different events, all listed below (click the spoiler to view the image and rules). Which one was your favorite? Which one do you never want to see again? :mob: I am open to any and all feedback! Let me know your thoughts! I make these games for YOU to enjoy, so i want to make sure that you are having fun! :bounce:

-Rules-
1. Teamwork! When I say SUGAR RUSH!! BOTH players will race to MATCH ALL 3 generators with MINE.
2. Next, bob for apples (make them bounce)!
3. Finally, sit on the Oreo & light your candy skull dish! First TEAM to complete all 5 tasks properly, WINS!
- The only rule is make sure you stay in your OWN lane! Work together!!
- Double click items to activate/spin

-Rules-
1. 6 players per round.
---5 will sit in the TOP row of rafts, 1 player per lane. Each lane is marked with a flag -this is your color!
---One player will be our spinner, and have a seat on the black raft.
2. One round at a time, I will tell the spinner to spin the black generator (double click).
3. If it lands on YOUR color, move DOWN, ONE step closer to Donald!
4. If it lands on LIGHT BLUE, the SPINNER gets a point!
5. If you make it to the Donald raft first, YOU win! BUT, if the spinner scores TWO times before a player makes it to the goal, the SPINNER wins!
-If you are color blind, just let me know and i will let you know what color you are! <3

-Rules-
1. Team challenge! 4 per color.
2. When I say Spin or Sink! ALL players will spin & MATCH ME on ALL 6 generators AND light ALL 4 gems!
3. Once COMPLETED, ONE player per team will jump on their track (*hint* sit on a mushroom - tracks are in the center), SIT in the raft NEXT to their team's flag and turn it ON for the WIN!
--Work together! Do NOT enter the sinkhole until all numbers match and gems are ON! match and gems are ON!
--Double click to spin/turn items ON.

-Rules-
1. Team challenge! 5 per team! 4 will be spinners and the 5th (the player sitting in the middle) will be the team runner!
2. When I say Whirl Through Wonderland!, ALL 4 spinners must MATCH my number
3. Once ALL 4 match, the runner must go THROUGH their vortex!
4. Final step, the runner must SIT behind their team's scoreboard and light up ALL 5 lights!
-First team to complete the challenge, WINS!
--Double click to spin/light scoreboards & click the vortex to go through!

My goal is to do this every month. I used to do this waaaaay back in the day, and I think it helped a lot of guests understand the events better! (other cast members are more than welcome to join in on this too! <3) Basically, each month I will post images of my HOST event rooms as they are added to the event calendar, along with the rules. It gives you a chance to see the room and read the rules, before actually attending the event. <3

*update*
View results: If I were to run any of these again in the future, which would you choose?
  • Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Just Keep Spinning
    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Sinkhole Surprise!
    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Whirling Through Wonderland
    Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters 18

Last edited:

spacedogmike

First, all of these rooms were really well built and I love the ideas! :) Just keep spinning and Whirling Through Wonderland were definitely my favorites :) Ty for the really fun games this month <3

Just thought - idk if they are posted anywhere, but if the games when they are decided I would love to see the rules prior because sometimes I have no idea whats going on when I get into the room until I watch the game before me

Love this idea!!!
I've only played sinkhole surprise and whirling through wonderland this month... I honestly thought they were both pretty confusing, I'd say they were overall okay because I figured them out (mostly by watching the games before mine lol). Definitely creative tho!
Just keep spinning looks super cute and fun, from the picture and what I've heard :)

Matty

knows a thing or two
I was able to play all 4 of your games this month, all of the rooms were beautifully constructed. I enjoyed both, the different styles of games and that there were both individual and team games of various sizes.

My lone criticism is with Just Keep Spinning, and I’d like to hear your reasoning behind it. The spinner only needed 2 points to win, while all other guests needed 3 points. This setup didn't make any sense, and doing so gave the spinner an automatic advantage in every game based on probability. Guests who were first in line each game and keen to this would take the spinner position every time, where needing only 2 points to win is more likely to happen than 3. It made no difference who was doing the spinning, so why was one guest given an advantage? For instance, say we kept the rules as laid out and you did the spinning. One guest would only need 2 points to win, while all other guests would need 3. Doesn’t sound fair, does it? With staff “committed to events being fair,” I’ll hope any future rendition of this game is corrected moving forward.

HOST_Absolem

MyVMK Staff
Staff member
MyVMK Staff
MyVMK Staff
The spinner only needed 2 points to win, while all other guests needed 3 points.
Believe it or not, the spinner didn't win as often as you think! There were even rounds where they didn't score at all. So while yes, it looks as if they have an advantage, it really doesn't mean anything. Spinning is all chance. My view was, they're doing all the work, so i gave them a "bonus" (so to speak) for doing so.
I will definitely take this into consideration though! This is an easy enough change, and I don't think anyone (even the spinners) would be against it.. Thank you!! <3

HOST_Absolem

MyVMK Staff
Staff member
MyVMK Staff
MyVMK Staff
Just thought - idk if they are posted anywhere, but if the games when they are decided I would love to see the rules prior because sometimes I have no idea whats going on when I get into the room until I watch the game before me
I can't speak for the other cast members, but I always add my rules to the calendar. If you go to the event calendar, and click on the event, it will open a window and you can see the rules in advance. :)

Matty

knows a thing or two
Believe it or not, the spinner didn't win as often as you think! There were even rounds where they didn't score at all. So while yes, it looks as if they have an advantage, it really doesn't mean anything. Spinning is all chance. My view was, they're doing all the work, so i gave them a "bonus" (so to speak) for doing so.
I will definitely take this into consideration though! This is an easy enough change, and I don't think anyone (even the spinners) would be against it.. Thank you!! <3
It isn't a matter of what I or anyone would think. It's a matter of probability. The spinners absolutely have an advantage, even if you can't see it. Spinning a generator is chance. Spinning a generator to obtain various outcomes is probability. Will hope the changes are made, thanks.