Jungle Cruise Tips and Tricks

Pig

Hi, Ive noticed a lot of people asking questions on how to improve their scores in Jungle cruise so I thought I would add this guide that I used back in the original VMK to help me.

Please note, I did NOT come up with this, I just wanted to make the information more available for others.

The patterns for the animals are pretty standard. There's only a couple changes, but otherwise they always appear in the same spots. You want to get "Awesome" as much as possible and to do that, you need to click on the animals as soon as they appear (pretty much covered in smoke). The earlier the better. MEMORIZE the animal spawn locations as best as you can, because you need to click on them right away, you want to have your cursor as close as possible when they appear. In addition, each animal has its own "sweet" spot that gives the maximum points. For example, most of the larger animals, the center is the spot you want your cursor to be on. For snakes, sometimes it's the tip of the tail. And each "pose" of each animal has a different sweet spot as well. A coiled snake won't have the same sweet spot as an extended snake. Also, ignore the camera frame when it comes to animals on the edges. It's where your mouse is pointing that counts. Just make sure your cursor is where the animal is.

The best shots are in this order:
1. Awesome
2. Flawless
3. Good
4. Ok

Be aware of your camera frame however...there are some animals that appear right next to each other and you don't get as many points if you get them both in the same shot. Sometimes you have to sacrifice higher scores to get 2 separate animals in 2 separate shots.

The rocks change, but also have the same patterns. There's about four different rock patterns. I would say, first, memorize the patterns of the animals. You want to know especially where the ones in the water appear. The Hippos and Elephants are HUGE points. For those that have trouble steering and shooting at the same time, once you know where it's safe to "park", do that and shoot the animals first, then steer your way to the other side.

In terms of steering, you don't want to overdue it. Simple taps of the left and right arrow keys are enough to avoid the rocks. Simply "float" down the river and as you near a rock, tap the keys a couple times, just enough to slide past it. There are only 3 situations that are tricky. And 2 of them are only required if you need to pick up a gas or film in that area. But even hitting the rocks 4 or 5 times through the game shouldn't be enough to ruin your gas.

There are 3 rounds. So no matter how much gas or film you have you go around a maximum of 3 times. On the other hand, once you run out of gas, the game is over.

Link on how Dep achieves his high score in JC

Last edited:

McQuack

Most of these are still good tips besides the "memorize the animal patterns" bit. In VMK every game of Jungle Cruise was identical and the animals would always spawn in the same spot at always the same time, so you could technically just memorize the game layout. In MyVMK there are different "games" you get where the animals spawn locations are randomized. It's the reason why sometimes animals will spawn on top of your boat... it's a randomized spawn location. It's possible to get an identical game still, it's just rare.

JustDep

Forever Awkward
Most of these are still good tips besides the "memorize the animal patterns" bit. In VMK every game of Jungle Cruise was identical and the animals would always spawn in the same spot at always the same time, so you could technically just memorize the game layout. In MyVMK there are different "games" you get where the animals spawn locations are randomized. It's the reason why sometimes animals will spawn on top of your boat... it's a randomized spawn location. It's possible to get an identical game still, it's just rare.
Which is why Jolber is a freak of nature. He memorized all 150+ Combos. I've seen some of his gameplay and he had the entire game memorized at one point. At no point will someone ever beat his score unless they do the same or they cheat.[DOUBLEPOST=1552874749][/DOUBLEPOST]Also @Pig in this version of Jungle Cruise you most certainly can press the up button, in fact if you're trying to get games in quick I'd recommend it. In the Old VMK you used to run out of gas very very fast but you can pretty much drive recklessly in MyVMK and still be fine

Pig

Which is why Jolber is a freak of nature. He memorized all 150+ Combos. I've seen some of his gameplay and he had the entire game memorized at one point. At no point will someone ever beat his score unless they do the same or they cheat.[DOUBLEPOST=1552874749][/DOUBLEPOST]Also @Pig in this version of Jungle Cruise you most certainly can press the up button, in fact if you're trying to get games in quick I'd recommend it. In the Old VMK you used to run out of gas very very fast but you can pretty much drive recklessly in MyVMK and still be fine
Yes ive noticed the excess amount of gas, was this meant to be added into the game? If so I will edit that part out :)[DOUBLEPOST=1552879319][/DOUBLEPOST]
Its only random to a point, you should be able to memorize the overall spawning locations, for example I know where the elephants spawn in each map/round, as well as the hippo spawn locations.. both the hippos and elephants give more points than the majority of the other animals so its a good idea to at minimum find out their pattern... After playing for a while you should expect to see animals pop up in locations in every game, yes the order of which they will come in will be difficult, but when I play I know for instance to look for the snake, hyena, flamingo, gorilla ect. and I keep in mind which animals have not appeared yet so I tend to hover my mouse closer to a location to help with my speed.

Last edited:

JustDep

Forever Awkward
Yes ive noticed the excess amount of gas, was this meant to be added into the game? If so I will edit that part out :)
Yeah, I'm pretty sure when Amy recoded JC she had to have that amount of excess in gas so when you play on mobile you don't just lose right away since you can't steer the boat. This is only a new client issue though, when the game was still in the old client if you moved forward at all it cost a lot of gas.

McQuack

Which is why Jolber is a freak of nature. He memorized all 150+ Combos. I've seen some of his gameplay and he had the entire game memorized at one point. At no point will someone ever beat his score unless they do the same or they cheat.
I don't think he memorized every combination of the game, he memorized a few select "seeds" of the game and would repeatedly start and leave games after the first level until he got the seed he wanted. The fact of the matter is that not every Jungle Cruise game is created equal, and some of the seeds spawn a few extra animals/spawned more animals that had bigger point values, so those games were the one's he aimed for since they gave the potential max score. Either way, he's got talent lol

Amy

Head Administrator
I don't think he memorized every combination of the game, he memorized a few select "seeds" of the game and would repeatedly start and leave games after the first level until he got the seed he wanted. The fact of the matter is that not every Jungle Cruise game is created equal, and some of the seeds spawn a few extra animals/spawned more animals that had bigger point values, so those games were the one's he aimed for since they gave the potential max score. Either way, he's got talent lol
i dont think that's true, im pretty sure they all spawn regardless depending on the level and stage, but it's the order that changes. some orders are better than others as in closer animals spawn closer together in time too, less chance of multiple animals in a shot, etc.

also running over the hippos wont lose you points anymore. i believe since making the alpha server(?), that has gone away. it was such a pain running them over because they would spawn right on me! now we dont have to worry about it. and memorizing is beyond me...ive been playing since it came out and it used to be the same spot every single game, but i think amy (whether she cared or not, or maybe this was a VMK thing) caught onto this and changed it up and is now randomized. i still wouldn't encourage others to memorize the animals, personally. however, i like that you give tips on where to take pictures of the animals and different poses.

JustDep

Forever Awkward
I just remember him saying that there was around 10 different seeds per round and he'd know which seed he'd get within the first 3 animals but it varied each level. I think each level has it's own seed rather than one big seed that determines the rest of the game. But heck if I know this is just what he told me in his broken English, bless that man.