LET'S STOP THE BULLYING. c:

Who has been victimized by bullying on myVMK? Let's raise awareness & put this to an END!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Anomaly

heywassuphello
The very first rule listed on myVMK is, and I quote,

"Do not bully, harass or threaten other players.
This includes things like name calling. If someone asks you to stop talking to them, or to leave them alone, then leave them alone. Remember, if you are being bullied you can use the ignore button and you won’t be able to see them talking anymore."

I, and countless others have been victimized on myVMK by other players, but little has been done about it.
Some people report it and others do not due to the fact that word of mouth is that it's a waste of time.
No one wants to feel like they are not heard. No one wants to feel like they don't matter or have a voice.

"It's just a game. If you can't handle the bullies, then leave the game."
Today alone, I have heard two people say this. Today alone, two people have quit myVMK.
In the US alone, cyberbullying is against the law in 49 states. Just in the US. "Cyber" meaning “computer,” “computer network,” or “virtual reality" and that's exactly what myVMK is; a virtual reality. Meaning, although it's virtual, it's real.

The 9th rule on myVMK is, and I quote,

Any kind of hate speech, attacks, or general discrimination/intolerance against others will not be tolerated in MyVMK. This includes, but is not limited to, attacks based on race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or political affiliation. Breaking this rule will result in your account being permanently banned.

"but is not limited to", so I will assume that sexism would also be considered hate speech, attacks, or general discrimination/intolerance against others. I have seen this happen in a variety of ways.

This is unacceptable. This needs to not be taken lightly. Words are powerful.

MyVMK Staff, I understand it may be extremely hard to monitor this, I do. But please. Hear me out when I say that we can't do this alone. What is our voice going to matter to people who have already made it clear to us that we don't matter to them? We have to do something about this.

Let myVMK players enjoy the game! Don't punish/ban the players who actually want to be here and who abide by the rules. Don't let the bullies ruin our fun!

I have created a poll to raise awareness and to put this bullying to an end so that we can all enjoy the game!

Last edited by a moderator:

Anomaly

heywassuphello
I stand by this 110%. A lot of this community is fueled by hate and it needs to stop. People have feelings and we all need to be nice and help each other. :D
As sad as it is, I agree with you. Too many people in our community like to bully, especially on the internet. Cyber bullying is a major issue in society today and we need to be the ones to stop it!
Thank you for being so understanding! I hate seeing people leave a game they love because they feel there's no other way to stop it.

iSunset

Thank you for posting this Anomaly, I agree with everything you said.. Cyber bullying has become a problem not just in the U.S but around the world..
Upsetting that people chose to do this to other players, I don't understand how people can be so cruel..
People need to mind their own business and learn to accept others..
Today alone I've lost a real amazing friend and our friend group is very upset that people on this game pushes people to the point of leaving. This is NOT OKAY.
I was raised with the same thing everyone has been told, "if you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all"
But apparently since we are behind a keyboard, people seem to feel inferior because they think nothing can harm them but WORDS HURT, THEY REALLY HURT. Doesn't anyone understand this?? It sickens me that we were brought here to enjoy time with old and new friends and enjoy a game and this game is going downhill because of the bullies on this game.
It's even worse that when they read this stuff, or post this stuff they will laugh and keep doing this but why? What do you benefit?
Keep to your group of friends, have fun but please stop the mean words.. PLEASE.

Anomaly

heywassuphello
Thank you for posting this Anomaly, I agree with everything you said.. Cyber bullying has become a problem not just in the U.S but around the world..
Upsetting that people chose to do this to other players, I don't understand how people can be so cruel..
People need to mind their own business and learn to accept others..
Today alone I've lost a real amazing friend and our friend group is very upset that people on this game pushes people to the point of leaving. This is NOT OKAY.
I was raised with the same thing everyone has been told, "if you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all"
But apparently since we are behind a keyboard, people seem to feel inferior because they think nothing can harm them but WORDS HURT, THEY REALLY HURT. Doesn't anyone understand this?? It sickens me that we were brought here to enjoy time with old and new friends and enjoy a game and this game is going downhill because of the bullies on this game.
It's even worse that when they read this stuff, or post this stuff they will laugh and keep doing this but why? What do you benefit?
Keep to your group of friends, have fun but please stop the mean words.. PLEASE.
I absolutely agree. And I think I know which friend of yours has chosen to leave myVMK and she and another player are the reason I decided to stand up to this matter. I didn't even know her until today and it just hit home with me. I understand exactly how she feels and I hate that she and so many others have to go through this.

waterfallglow

balance is important both in life and art.....
There are several things I can say about this major problem that is happening in our current generation with bullying. From what I have observed many people sadly hide behind 2 major "so called" excuses to bully, both in real life and online. 1) "I have the freedom to do whatever I want!" and 2) "it's just my opinion". Firstly, while yes you may have the freedom to act as you choose.. you are NOT free from the consequences from those choices. Actions have major consequences! Not just for YOU but for others as well. It still always amazes me how the way we choose to live our lives... can affect so many other people! Both in good ways and bad. Secondly, just because something is your opinion.. does NOT give you the excuse or right to be rude about it even if what you are saying is the truth. There is a nice and loving way to say things and a mean and rude way. Even as I am writing all this, I want you all to know that these words are meant with LOVE because I care about people and I hate seeing people get hurt. That is why I am speaking up and my wish is that those reading this will truly take it to heart. Do I think I am perfect? NO WAY am I perfect! Far from it in fact! I need to take this to heart just as much as everybody else! So with all this being said.. Let us all (including myself) PLEASE remember these things as we play Myvmk and go about in our real lives! Let us always try to better ourselves and self reflect on how we should act! That is the ONLY way to make a difference.

Anomaly

heywassuphello
There are several things I can say about this major problem that is happening in our current generation with bullying. From what I have observed many people sadly hide behind 2 major "so called" excuses to bully, both in real life and online. 1) "I have the freedom to do whatever I want!" and 2) "it's just my opinion". Firstly, while yes you may have the freedom to act as you choose.. you are NOT free from the consequences from those choices. Actions have major consequences! Not just for YOU but for others as well. It still always amazes me how the way we choose to live our lives... can affect so many other people! Both in good ways and bad. Secondly, just because something is your opinion.. does NOT give you the excuse or right to be rude about it even if what you are saying is the truth. There is a nice and loving way to say things and a mean and rude way. Even as I am writing all this, I want you all to know that these words are meant with LOVE because I care about people and I hate seeing people get hurt. That is why I am speaking up and my wish is that those reading this will truly take it to heart. Do I think I am perfect? NO WAY am I perfect! Far from it in fact! I need to take this to heart just as much as everybody else! So with all this being said.. Let us all (including myself) PLEASE remember these things as we play Myvmk and go about in our real lives! Let us always try to better ourselves and self reflect on how we should act! That is the ONLY way to make a difference.
Love this. Absolutely love it!

Thank you for the post. One way you can all help make MyVMK a better, more friendly place for everyone is to report players if you see them bullying others. You can also email contact@myvmk.com with any issues that may arise. We are here to help and want to make sure everyone has a fun and happy time while on MyVMK.
The same goes for anything here on the forums guys! You can always PM me directly or any of our wonderful mods! Or you can also send an email to forums@myvmk.com if needed as well! :)

Anomaly

heywassuphello
This is a big reason why I'm not social on this game. I rarely talk, I stay quiet. Even though I originally joined this so that I could try to find a few friends since I'm going through a lot irl and it would be nice to have a place to go. It's just turned opposite.
I too have a lot going on irl and coming online is fun and stress relieving. But the possibility of being bullied or picked on makes it hard to make friends, I agree. If you ever want a friend to just talk to, I would gladly be here for you.

Thank you for the post. One way you can all help make MyVMK a better, more friendly place for everyone is to report players if you see them bullying others. You can also email contact@myvmk.com with any issues that may arise. We are here to help and want to make sure everyone has a fun and happy time while on MyVMK.
I agree Kali. I have seen many of my friends get bullied and I do not like it