*MAC USERS* Mavericks Problem

Hi guys,

For those of you who thought updating to Mavericks would be a great idea, like myself - boy were we wrong! :thumbsdown:

Turns out we cannot access MyVMK once updated and it is rather difficult to downgrade from Mavericks.

There is currently no solution for this (only to not install Mavericks if you have not already done so).

However, you can use the Windows interface on your MAC and try access the game via Bootcamp. This is located in Apps->Utilities.

Full instructions on how to install/use Bootcamp is located here: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1461

I am not guaranteeing perfect gameplay guys but it is currently the only suggestion for Mac Users.

Please let us know if you find a better solution!

*UPDATE*: Other ways of getting on - use the virtualbox or vmware programme to run Windows on your Mac. It works perfectly for me!
[*Thank you to Amy for this advice*]

* Please refer to this thread to see the reason shockwave is not supported on Mavericks *
http://forums.myvmk.com/showthread.php?3651-The-State-Of-MyVMK-On-OSX-Mavericks

PirateCannon

Is there any way to go back to what I had before Mavericks?? =/

Do you think Mavericks will allow Shockwave?

I haven't been able to get on yet. It's very annoying.

Stupid of Apple to not allow Shockwave to run on Mavericks.

It is very difficult to downgrade from an update. Not ideal either.

Adobe and Apple are not the best of friends but to be honest I say a new Shockeave update witll come soon. I don't know it that is totally the reason as I can get past the logo and update bar.

It is extremely irritating but hopefully we will find something to fix this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I'm going to test this now Ace thank you for your suggestion - pity it's only 14 days free.
I will add this to my thread starter post if it works, if that's ok?

Sadly I do not have Windows on a disc to import it, nor another laptop with Windows on it so I cannot use this either. However, it is much easier to use than Bootcamp as you do not have to reboot :)

FlameLegend

Parallels could lag a bit though as it is a virtual machine. In my opinion, if you could do boot camp then that is your best choice. I'm was running bootcamp on my Mac before mavericks so luckly I could just switch over to my windows side to play. Also are you sure it's a shockwave problem? The game does load, it just stops after the updating bar I believe.

Parallels could lag a bit though as it is a virtual machine. In my opinion, if you could do boot camp then that is your best choice. I'm was running bootcamp on my Mac before mavericks so luckly I could just switch over to my windows side to play.
This is the best option, I do agree with you. However, for those of us with no access to Windows we need to find another solution.

Adobe and Apple are not the best of friends but to be honest I say a new Shockeave update witll come soon. I don't know it that is totally the reason as I can get past the logo and update bar.

It is extremely irritating but hopefully we will find something to fix this.
I think it's less an Adobe vs. Apple thing than it is an issue of Adobe being done with Shockwave. Adobe is practically killing off Flash, and is embracing HTML5, so that gives you an idea just how little they care about Shockwave by now.

They're telling me it's a 64-bit issue -- I wonder if anyone has hacked 32-bit libraries to run on Mavericks?

Yes Thrill, Bird has posted a recent update here:
The-State-Of-MyVMK-On-OSX-Mavericks
http://myvmk.com/showthread.php?t=3651

All we can do is wait for the Apple update that is to come - hopefully it will be soon! Then we can use Safari to access the game with some luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

diva I am still on Mavericks.

Google virtualbox or vmware fusion to install a Windows programme on your Mac =) I got in yesterday for the first time thanks to this advice from Amy.

Note - I have updated the original post.