*MAC USERS* Mavericks Problem

ariimartinez,
Any windows programme should work.

I have started using vmware Fusion and I can finally play again because of it!
Other suggestions include Bootcamp or Virtualbox.

PirateCannon

I've been able to get on the game through having Bootcamp for the past 3-4 weeks. Works very good!

I'd much rather use the Mac side instead of Windows 7, though. Oh well.

I am using VMware fusion 6 trial... But any of the above I just mentioned will also work =)

Could someone please do a step by step of how to actually use these virtual machines/boot camp/any other work around? I'd appreciate it as well as anyone else who's confused on how to use the workarounds until there's an update to to shockwave or apple os.

cre8tor94, the best instructions can be found on Google - check out the YouTube videos of people setting them up =)

I don't have any windows installation/setup disks, will it still work?
Yea do I need buy windows Or is this all free?
You'd need to buy windows installation DVDs. Unless you want to illegally pirate windows which I'd not recommend. You can find cheapest copies on ebay I think. (Used probably)

Any updates on when this might be fixed? Whether or not it's something Apple, Adobe, or the game makers can fix?
So far.. It can't be fixed. Adobe and Apple don't care. No one uses shockwave anymore... The only reason we're forced to is because VMK is from 2005 and it runs on shockwave which was more up-to-date then... I don't see shockwave ever releasing a fix for this. Or apple doing so.

The only person working to get that game to run outside of shockwave is Amy, and she's doing her best but it will take time.

I'm going to try the vmware fusion as a last resort, i'm frustrated that i've been waiting FOREVER for VMK to come back and i can't play because of the mac update. Hopefully this works

Catsnowcat

The One and Only
Im not doubting you guys at all but I pray you guys keep this going or can keep this going for a long time. I can't get a laptop until later this summer and I am dying every day to play this game. I don't post at all but I check every day for an update and with the post I just read... my heart broke in half.