*MAC USERS* Mavericks Problem

ariimartinez,
Any windows programme should work.

I have started using vmware Fusion and I can finally play again because of it!
Other suggestions include Bootcamp or Virtualbox.
How long is your trial though? What are you going to do when it runs out?

Drewby

WDW Annual Passholder
I do not suggest using bootcamp (unless this is your only option). I found myself only using Windows for the most part since I would just play MyVMK so much, which seemed counter-intuitive seeing as I had just purchased a Mac computer for school. So I switched to VMware. I am using Windows XP on VMware because it is a very light OS (also very very easy to set up) and it doesn't slow down my computer when I'm only running MyVMK. I can switch back to my Mac OS very quickly and I do not notice any performance differences.
I suggest VMware and Windows XP!!

Hi guys,

For those of you who thought updating to Mavericks would be a great idea, like myself - boy were we wrong! :thumbsdown:

Turns out we cannot access MyVMK once updated and it is rather difficult to downgrade from Mavericks.

There is currently no solution for this (only to not install Mavericks if you have not already done so).

However, you can use the Windows interface on your MAC and try access the game via Bootcamp. This is located in Apps->Utilities.

Full instructions on how to install/use Bootcamp is located here: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1461

I am not guaranteeing perfect gameplay guys but it is currently the only suggestion for Mac Users.

Please let us know if you find a better solution!

*UPDATE*: Other ways of getting on - use the virtualbox or vmware programme to run Windows on your Mac. It works perfectly for me!
[*Thank you to Amy for this advice*]

* Please refer to this thread to see the reason shockwave is not supported on Mavericks *
http://forums.myvmk.com/showthread.php?3651-The-State-Of-MyVMK-On-OSX-Mavericks
My friend [MENTION=918]InfinityFay[/MENTION] is having issues and is somewhat confused. I told her I'd try to help her since she upgraded to Mavericks, but I'm a little confused myself. How exactly do you install VMware?

Nutty

So we have to pay for VMware?
Bootcamp won't work for me because I don't have enough space, and I don't necessarily want to delete everything on my computer for this.
Virtualbox confuses the absolute heck out of me XD

...I don't really know what to do.

Honestly, I use VirtualBox. I couldn't figure out VMware or Bootcamp for the life of me because I'm technology impaired.
I used this video >>>
<<< to help me install it.

@Tinkerballa That video really helped but now i'm trying to figure out how to play vmk on VirtualBox..every time i log in the screen is just black..any ideas?
You still have to update your Adobe Shockwave software. Usually the MyVMK Client prompts you to do this, but sometimes it doesn't and you have to do it yourself. Make sure you do it INSIDE the VirtualBox for it to work. But once you do that, it should run!

Mugen

just another nerd
Honestly, I use VirtualBox. I couldn't figure out VMware or Bootcamp for the life of me because I'm technology impaired.
I used this video >>>
<<< to help me install it.
so i was able to install windows xp properly but i'm having issues connecting to my wifi. how are you (or anyone using VMs) connected?

so i was able to install windows xp properly but i'm having issues connecting to my wifi. how are you (or anyone using VMs) connected?
I dunno, I just was. I connected like I normally would on any windows computer to my wifi. It just seemed to do it for me. And if I ever ran into any problems I just looked it up on the internet lol

Is anyone else having problems with virtualbox where you can't see the toolbar at the bottom? I can't go to different rooms or trade. I tried zooming out to see it but the screen got all wonky any suggestions?

I used the video to install virtualbox and everything went smoothly. I also updated adobe inside virtualbox but it still comes up with a black box when I try to log in. Does anyone else have this problem?

Hi everyone, new to the forums and revamp of the game. Played the original a lot. I know on Mavericks that game wont load (mine goes through loading screen then freezes on logo before loading furniture, dont know if thats normal or not). Because of that I setup up Windows XP in VMWare. Im running Chrome, have installed the full Shockwave file, tried clear cache and cookies, and I still get sent back to re-authenticate after it tries to load furniture. Note that it takes a long time to get to loading furniture screen after logo progress bar loads. Again, dont know what is normal for loading and what isn't. Would appreciate any help, really miss playing VMK :)

Fotogirl

I am still running Mountain Lion on my Mac and last week it worked for about 5 days after having not worked since May 4th. Two days ago Myvmk stopped logging me in once again on the Mac. I didn't change anything on my Mac. It just stopped logging me in again and takes me to reauthenticate screen. I thought since @Amy recently posted that she has a Mac now that maybe the Mac issues were gone... sadly not in my case. I tried uninstalling shockwave and reinstalling but it did not help. I am using Firefox as the browser to play.

I am still running Mountain Lion on my Mac and last week it worked for about 5 days after having not worked since May 4th. Two days ago Myvmk stopped logging me in once again on the Mac. I didn't change anything on my Mac. It just stopped logging me in again and takes me to reauthenticate screen. I thought since @Amy recently posted that she has a Mac now that maybe the Mac issues were gone... sadly not in my case. I tried uninstalling shockwave and reinstalling but it did not help. I am using Firefox as the browser to play.

I am actually able to log in now. It randomly decided to let me in now, hopefully it'll continue to let me in. *knocks on wood*

Fotogirl

I am actually able to log in now. It randomly decided to let me in now, hopefully it'll continue to let me in. *knocks on wood*
Good luck !!!!! I did a cleanup of history and cookies, uninstall and reinstall shockwave, reboot, and still just get sent to the reauthenticate screen. One day it will randomly sign me in again I suppose. It does get a little frustrating though to have to depend on an 8 year old windows laptop as the only machine that will consistently sign me in and let me play.