*MAC USERS* Mavericks Problem

Good luck !!!!! I did a cleanup of history and cookies, uninstall and reinstall shockwave, reboot, and still just get sent to the reauthenticate screen. One day it will randomly sign me in again I suppose. It does get a little frustrating though to have to depend on an 8 year old windows laptop as the only machine that will consistently sign me in and let me play.
I totally understand. Have you tried VMWare? You can get XP on it for free if you search for the right info (not through torrents).

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
I totally understand. Have you tried VMWare? You can get XP on it for free if you search for the right info (not through torrents).
Warez can be torrents and direct DLs which is the only way to obtain a illegal copy of XP which doesnt ask for a serial. All legit copies require serials. There is one copy of windows XP that is shared throughout millions of people right now. If you know what you are doing, you can tell if the copy you have is that copy.

Warez can be torrents and direct DLs which is the only way to obtain a illegal copy of XP which doesnt ask for a serial. All legit copies require serials. There is one copy of windows XP that is shared throughout millions of people right now. If you know what you are doing, you can tell if the copy you have is that copy.
Mine asked for a serial, there were public codes all around for XP.

so basically, is there no way of getting vmk on a mac (using mavericks) to work even if you have these windows running programs if you don't have the windows cd? because i can't find mine around the house anywhere and we do have windows running computers...but im about to go back to college with my mac and wont be able to get online at all.

also, the rumor that vmk would eventually be compatible with mavericks has been around for months... is there any sign that the new version of vmk compatible with mavericks will be available to people (besides amy xD) anytime soon?

i'm not trying to be impatient knowing how much time and effort people like amy and her team do to keep this site running! I know I couldn't do it myself and i'm so proud of the work thats been done to keep this site running! we're all thankful! because i enjoy the site so much i just want to know if i'm gonna be able to run vmk anytime soon or if im gonna have to say bye to some of my friends for a while, you know?

i'm getting the newest macbook pro with the retina screen and i'll be in uni so won't be able to play unless i'm at the library or something but that's way too embarrassing so it was nice knowin ya vmk

Once_Upon_A_Time

♥Disneyland Addict♥
i'm getting the newest macbook pro with the retina screen and i'll be in uni so won't be able to play unless i'm at the library or something but that's way too embarrassing so it was nice knowin ya vmk
I just got a new MacBook Air and vmk will not work at all! I guess I'm done too :(

Is there any system that doesn't require you to have a CD or basically pay? I love myvmk, but I'm in college and I need to save my money. Really this should be fixed.. Ik how much work is being put into this game. Amy's being wonderful and volunteering her time, but you'd think this would be top priority. Everyone should be able to play, and as time goes on it seems this problem will only increase for more people..

ATTENTION BOOT CAMP USERS!

I decided I don't want to use VirtualBox any more and try boot camp.
How do I make it work? How big of a USB do I need? Does everything I do in my new windows side get stored there? Aside from playing MyVMK, I also want to be able to play Sims4, and I was wondering if I was going to have enough CPU and memory to do that through boot camp.. which is why I'm wondering if a 16GB USB is big enough?

Agreed! I just bought a macbook and i've been trying to get on for several weeks, and it doesn't work at all! not even on chrome or safari. But i dont like downloading random things on here. I will try the bootcamp one. I miss vmk! And i miss my friends i made on it!

SpaceJack

This method has allowed me to get on myVMK every time. Basically, I use myVMKPal, and when it asks you to 're-authenticate' by re-entering your password, instead I click on log-out. Then it opens a new Internet Explorer browser taking you to the myVMK site, once there, login again and open the game. Has always worked for me. Running on Mavericks.

Also, this may or may not make a difference but, I have a program called Wine installed on my Mac that can run some Windows programs. As I said, may or may not make a difference.

EDIT: This method doesn't work. I find that during the evening, logging into myVMK is impossible.

Last edited: