Make the newletter name the character's more challenging

riddleguy

I love the name the disney character feature of the disney forums newsletter! that being said ...i feel its too easy.

The last two which was during the beauty and the beast month was a beauty and the beast character. You should mix it up more and use characters that aren't from the months theme. Could also be a great way to give newer members a chance to win older items. I'm not saying never ever use a character from the current theme, but try not to do it too often.

And if you do use the current theme, it should be a more obscure character. I think the featherduster was a good choice but you guys could have done better then mrs potts. I consider the bimbettes,the bookseller,the stove,webster(from belles magical world), and maurices horse philippe all much better choices.

riddleguy

I feel like if you make it too challenging people wont want to participate though. And they want people to participate.
Agreed! it shouldnt be too hard but harder then it is now. At the very least, they can mix it up and not always do characters from the months theme and do for example say the months theme was cinderella they could do maybe lady tremaine and then pumbaa or ariel for the second one that month.

Last edited:
Agreed! it shouldnt be too hard but harder then it is now. At the very least, they can mix it up and not always do characters not from the months theme and do for example say the months theme was cinderella they could do maybe lady tremaine and then pumbaa or ariel for the second one that month.
that's fine, but doing random characters that appear maybe 5 minutes of the whole film is maybe too much.

riddleguy

that's fine, but doing random characters that appear maybe 5 minutes of the whole film is maybe too much.
I amend my suggestion for using characters from that months theme. I think if you use a character from the months theme, The characters should be lesser known but not random characters that appear maybe 5 minutes of the whole film.

So if you used toy story i think trixie would be a good character to use because she's lesser known as a toy story character but is used enough to warrant being used and is a main character in the toy story xmas special.

However, lenny the binoculars from toy story would be a no-no as he barely appears,

I agree some of them have been easier than others. I still find they are doing a great job in doing easy and harder ones, sometimes i dont bother to participate as i can't figure out which character it is.

I agree some of them have been easier than others. I still find they are doing a great job in doing easy and harder ones, sometimes i dont bother to participate as i can't figure out which character it is.
This ^ I mean I understand what you're saying that sometimes they're too easy but I've been confused a few times too lol. I think the purpose of it being not too challenging is because the winners are picked at random if they have the answer right so the contest allows almost everyone to participate.

riddleguy

This ^ I mean I understand what you're saying that sometimes they're too easy but I've been confused a few times too lol. I think the purpose of it being not too challenging is because the winners are picked at random if they have the answer right so the contest allows almost everyone to participate.
Might not be a bad idea to have an expert name the disney character that runs once in a while in addition to the regular one.

Hypnotic

nobody will wanna participate in it otherwise. I feel like using unrelated characters to the theme takes away from the contest in the first place. The forums newsletter follows in game. Sometimes they are really confusing to be honest, others are just easy and thats ok because its not who answers first, its a random winner :)