Maleficent - The Movie

All of the things I loved about Maleficent as a child were ruined with that film. Ruined. Disney has sugar coated a film for the last time. ><

Last edited:

Drewby

WDW Annual Passholder
I am disappointed too. I don't like how Maleficent was depicted at the end as a hero AND a villain. Like uh no Maleficent is a villain. Sleeping Beauty still takes the cake for me, but Maleficent was a vivid and colorful movie, which made it somewhat enjoyable to watch. I don't like how they changed the three good fairies either, and turned them into dumb-acting pixies.

I am disappointed too. I don't like how Maleficent was depicted at the end as a hero AND a villain. Like uh no Maleficent is a villain. Sleeping Beauty still takes the cake for me, but Maleficent was a vivid and colorful movie, which made it somewhat enjoyable to watch. I don't like how they changed the three good fairies either, and turned them into dumb-acting pixies.
Don't forget the video game Alice in Wonderland graphics and the silly swamp creatures. LOL

pirateguitarchick

eyerolling is my cardio.
I am so in love with this movie...
Angelina was perfect...her makeup, costume...everything was on point.
I want to see it like a hundred times more.

One my favourite Disney remakes to be honest. Angelina was amazing, I loved the storyline and the twist. Also liked the soundtrack too. The new version of once upon a dream by Lana is in repeat for me.

I used to call Maleficent "my bad witch" when I was little. creepy kid, I know
I LOVED this movie. Angelina Jolie was the perfect Maleficent.

aliceblue

I'm a huge fan of the original movie, and I don't usually like alternate versions, so I was bit skeptical going in.

Got to say this was a very creative treatment of the story, and quite touching. But I think they lost the opportunity for full emotional impact because of the way they resolved the plot. There's a point at which reinterpreted Disney themes don't feel like Disney anymore.

AlphaTheEdge

Let me just say, Angelina Jolie was perfectly cast. She was beautiful and yet fierce. I loved the story I really did. I may almost like it as much as the original. It makes me excited about Cinderella and who will be cast there.