Music Video Throwback 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

GR_Vixey

Just a wittle fox
Staff member
MyVMK Staff
jake and haley mv throwback.png

It's time to bust out Windows Movie Maker and Unregistered Hypercam 2, because we are going back to the good ol' days of the mid 2000s!

I don't know about you guys, but when I think back to the time period when the original VMK was around, the first thing I think of are the AMAZING music videos that were made.
Specifically the one for Ashley Tisdale’s Kiss the Girl cover…

So, what better way to go back in time than to make our own music videos in that same cringe style that we all loved?
Pick a song and make a fun music video to it using footage you make in-game, and submit it by July 25th at 11:59 PM EST!

Submit a link to your video using this form!
Upload your video to google drive and submit the link with the "Anyone with the link can view" permissions on!

Now, some rules:
1. Music videos should be anywhere from 30 to 60 seconds in length.
2. Song choice must be Disney-related. This means it can either be from some sort of Disney show or movie, OR made by a Disney star as long as the song is appropriate! To simplify, if it was played on Radio Disney back in those days (or, if choosing a modern song, it could pass as being played on Radio Disney), odds are you’re in the clear.
3. Collaboration is encouraged, however each person must submit their own unique music video in order to be eligible for a prize. Feel free to use each other as actors, but we want everyone to showcase their own talent in making videos! If we receive more than one submission with the same video, only the first person to submit it will receive the credit for it.
4. All submissions must show some sort of effort. While the nature of these music videos is generally simple, we still want to see some edits! No untouched screen recordings!
As always, no clones are allowed to send in multiple submissions. Only one per person!

If you have any questions, or want a second opinion on whether a song is allowed, send me a message or ask below in the thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.