My apology and looking to the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
why don't players have a say as to who their staff members should be? i feel like us the player should be able to have a poll...
ok tbh i kinda do and don't agree with this.
You don't get a say in who the staff are at your fave restaurant, but you still eat there because it's *kisses fingers* FREAKIN DELICIOUS, right?

Let's remember that this is a game, something that ultimately we are consumers of. This isn't a little island where we need to elect leaders.

HOWEVER, if staff is chosen in a corrupt manner and aren't reprimanded or dealt with accordingly by facing consequences of their poor choices then honestly maybe we should have a say..

i'm torn on the issue, but i dont feel like we should feel entitled to have a say either. you feel me, home grl?

First, and foremost I would like to start off by saying I’m Sorry. I am sorry you had to see what I said in a private chat among staff. It should never have been said, but it also never should have been released to the public, as all staff had agreed to never share it. I got caught up in my emotions and lost it. I later apologized after clearing my head, but that part somehow was not posted. I am very sad that instead of focusing on the game now it has become more about what dirt can be found on which person, have we forgotten why they are here?

I agree that posting what was said in a private chat among staff to the public was not the most appropriate. However, you never apologized. Even when I was still in the group and you continued to talk, there was no apology. Perhaps you did that after a majority of the staff team left the chat. In that case, it's a bit too late.

The reason so many staff members were against me was because I spoke up. I fought for the players. I asked for double credit days and lower prices on items released for building. I asked to not make most wanted items always so difficult to obtain, to let players get those items that they loved and cherished in VMK.. Some staff members brushed it off, laughed at me. I would tell them how it was a struggle for some players to earn credits. They would say that there is no struggle that those with little time should not expect to have much. Some of the other staff members agreed with me, they understood “the player struggle” but they were afraid to speak up because they saw how I was treated. They would ask me to speak up, to say things about what was wrong but rarely backed me up publicly and I can’t blame them. I was happy to do this because it was for the betterment of the game and the team but, of course, some refused to see that. We had some staff leave before out of frustration, some felt they just could not speak up and even if they did they would not be listened to so they sat there upset daily. We have had a lack of organization ever since I started and I believe since the game was opened. Many of us asked for things to get better, be more open about what is going on with all staff but this somehow never happened.

"The Struggle" is a joke among the staff. That was always your argument for everything and it was laughable. The true reason many staff members were against you is because you have leaked things to others on more than one occasion. Every price of every item on MyVMK was the exact price as it was in VMK. If you don't believe me, you can check the wiki yourself. Most items were available for one week (and sometimes more), which was more than enough time to purchase, at the very least, one of each new item. Any builder would tell you that you should plan according to your income...which is directly proportional to your willingness to play. "The Struggle" as portrayed by you is a convenient excuse for those who don't want to invest in something but they want to receive all the benefits of. Not only that, but the mini-games here give much more than what VMK did, and we were beginning to re-release many items! You continuously harassed me, and several other staff members, because you chose not to accept that fact. I have never heard anyone else complain about "the struggle" besides you. Yes, there have been times where a staff member would say they lack credits or believe an item to be too expensive (Some VMK items did have weird prices, blame Yavn then!), but they were mature enough not to point fingers. Also, it's a bit odd that this week's new items were only available for 3 days and were sold more expensively than how they were in VMK... Odd, that. As for organization, it is difficult. It is difficult to know what items/features will be ready for next month when Amy continuously ignored the messages of me, Tink, the Hosts, and other staff members. I organize and plan ahead to the best of my ability - but if she refuses to put in (or at the very least, attempt) to add what is needed, it's hard to do just that. I hope you have better luck with her than our experiences.

Abs and I will be working with our staff team to get us organized, planning in advance and keeping everyone informed on what the plan is and what Amy is working on. Our staff team is feeling positive, free to speak in the chat, able to joke around and have fun with each other as we work together. Amy needs strong admins to be able to help her with the day to day operations of the game and to manage her staff. Some may hate her decision on her new admins but in the end they are her admins and those she felt she could trust to run the game how she would like it to be done. Amy is one of the most loving, caring and giving people I know. She has given so many hours to this game simply so that we could all enjoy it and much of the time there is little to no thanks for it, sometimes even open hatred or attacks.

Every time I tried to "manage" staff I would get a message from Amy interrogating me as to why I am looking at someone's logs. Or, if they did do something bad, she would do little to nothing to resolve the issue. Usually it involved you. Again, I hope you have better luck with her than I did.

During my time on staff I have worked hard to keep the game safe, I have no idea how many hours I have spent doing this. I would talk with some of the players to change their behavior in the game. I didn’t want to ban them. Many of those players had a change of heart, and changed their ways. So many things happened behind the scenes, some of these things not pretty at all but out of respect for Amy I will not share them. I will not provide you with private chats; I will not provide you with game logs. I will not tell you the wrongs of other staff in the past.

During everyone's time on staff they have worked hard! Also, if you talked to rule-breaking players instead of banning them, you have admitted to refusing to follow the Moderation Policy that was put in place for everyone to follow...

Amy, Abs and myself have so many ideas on how to make things different and we will be working diligently to implement them into the game. We want those builders out there to have a better chance at getting the furniture they want yet still have time to spend with their friends. We want to make the game more fun and friendly, we will be tightening up on any inappropriate behavior in the game from language to harassment. We will be coming up with fun new ways to release things. This list could go on and on, but the point is, things are going to change.

I wish you the best of luck. Clean up your own backyard before you go knocking on your neighbor's door.

Now I will address the late night games that many of you think were shady or, showed favoritism. Amy and I had been talking about how dead the game was in the middle of the night there were maybe 20-25 players on the game. We decided to try a trivia room, many players came, they were happy to be playing, they were all interacting. Amy gave out her Tiffiniy pins and they were a big hit. I gave out pink/blue top hat chairs with the occasional dreams badge. Players said we should do more late night events, which were fun. I built a game show room, a game alert was sent out, and players came, excited to play. It was a game of chance; I have no control over what number the generators roll. I would choose players using a command that would pick a random player (same command used during dreams month) and the game would begin. Everyone in the audience was happy, having fun, telling the players to pick higher, or lower. Which curtain to choose. It was a group game, and the players told us it was fun playing even if they didn’t win the big prize. Everyone in the room got a chance. During the games of which there were 2, each running for over 4 hours in total there were 2 clocks won, 1 firewall won by Amy and 1 pink tiki all other players got an egg, frying pan, pink rock or a few credits, all prizes were set beforehand, there was no changing of the way the game was run or the prizes received at the different levels, it was the same for all.
This was a test run to see how players reacted to the game set up. It wasn’t tweeted; it wasn’t put on the calendar because it was a slow game. Staff seemed to ignore the fact Amy that had given permission and was there the entire time. It was almost like they didn’t respect her, and she had to ask for permission from them to do something in her game.

The fact wasn't ignored... everyone was voicing their opinion and the majority didn't like the idea of unannounced events. Why didn't we like it? Because the players didn't like it! There was also the issue of a few players who were in the room and helping you build before it was opened to the public. That is giving particular members special treatment, which is the definition of favoritism. This is not the first time (and probably not the last) you have done this!

In conclusion I am sorry that many of you feel betrayed or hurt by me and I do hope you can forgive me but I am here and I will be working with our team to bring you a great game experience. I know that with the help of Abs and our wonderful team we are going to make the game more enjoyable and better for all. Amy has so many wonderful and creative new ideas that she wants to add to the game, to make the game more fun and with our help, taking the weight of running the team off her she will be more free to accomplish them. I know we will not be able to make everyone happy all of the time, but we are going to try. I do hope you will at least try to give us a chance, what do you have to lose?

Once again, good luck. Amy has many ideas that don't go into fruition and that is not the fault of anyone but her own.

Hope to see you in the kingdom soon,
Kali
Responses in bold. I apologize if I come off rude at any time during the post, I am only speaking the truth.

camzilla

End of MYVMK as we knew it 5/2/2015
I'm sure she has already started her hit list.

Sorry you couldn't PAY me to work with ppl like that even in the VIRTUAL world!Im just glad that wasn't my 16 year old in that chat!I understand ppl say things at the heat of the moment.. But they usually don't use words that aren't in their daily vocabulary.

I can't give away items from my account fast enough to be gone from the game, the forum though I stick around for :)

camzilla

End of MYVMK as we knew it 5/2/2015
This is the biggest ******** of an apology I've ever read. Literally from the beginning it's I'm sorry for being a bad person... but I'm actually not sorry bc i'm the victim because the information was leaked about me and I'm actually on your side except I'm really not because I hold secret events and abuse my power and call TEENAGERS bad names )':

Clearly they care ABSOLUTELY ZERO about the community otherwise they'd listen to this fricken poll!!!!!!!!!!!!

well remember now, they are going in a whole new direction..... sounds like things will get a whole lot worse then they are now, if that is who is leading in the new direction.

CandyCars

What a pathetic, fake apology! Guess there is no integrity left on your "great" staff team.

PS PEOPLE - LISA STILL HASN'T APOLOGIZED TO JASMINE. I REPEAT LISA STILL HASN'T APOLOGIZED TO JASMINE FOR WHAT SHE CALLED HER.

I feel like she really doesn't believe she did anything wrong and that the apology was just the typical "public apology." The kind you see Justin Bieber's management put out when he does something stupid. The more and more I read this I think the title should've just been "I'm sorry? I guess? I don't know."
Also have not heard an apology to belle. :(

@Kali you really should be apologizing to the team members you've hurt... how would you feel if those things were said to you? just think about that..
If someone did she'd just manipulate Amy to fire them!

Tay

the majority of you need to chill. we do not know what went on beyond closed doors between staff. we dont know how the tension built up this high for the team to split or which side has more wrongs or rights. you cannot place all of the blame on kali. we only have those extremely negative logs from cricket that were purposely used to manipulate you into having negative views on amy and kali etc. honestly if you cant trust amy's judgement on who she believes should be an admin then maybe you shouldnt play for a while. realize there are more important things in life. and those who are upset at them being stricter with the rules, you should be behaving anyway; you cant get upset at mods doing their job. this entire situation has been blown so out of proportion i think its time to just move on from it and give the new team a chance.

Lost

*Steps up to the mic*
*Coughs*
Guess I'm gonna start by deconstructing Kali's post with my opinion.
I know how much staff love my opinions, I mean they answered so many of my questions and concerns in the last thread (hah)

First, and foremost I would like to start off by saying I’m Sorry.
I'm glad an apology made it into the post. Whether it's a genuine apology, or a more of "I'm sorry I got caught and exposed for what I did" sort of apology is unknown.

I am sorry you had to see what I said in a private chat among staff. It should never have been said, but it also never should have been released to the public, as all staff had agreed to never share it.
There it is. The blame is already being putting on others. I love apologies that end going "I'm sorry for ..... BUT !!!!!" Yeah that's not a great apology. I'm glad it was exposed because it brought a lot of problems to light with the game and certain staff members.

I got caught up in my emotions and lost it. I later apologized after clearing my head, but that part somehow was not posted.
Getting caught up in emotions and losing it isn't something a good leader would do. If you get caught up in your emotions you should still be mature, respectful and fight your corner with conviction and facts instead of throwing insults and using the generic "WELL AMY SAID IT'S OKAY SO IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT 5+ OF YOU THINK!!!"

I am very sad that instead of focusing on the game now it has become more about what dirt can be found on which person, have we forgotten why they are here?
You really don't get it. The last few threads and tumblr posts HAVE NOT been about spreading dirt about people. We are fighting for the game and it's future. For it's integrity and for what we want and feel is right. We are here to make this a magical place and many things that you and other staff have done, have gone against that. Actually let me add to that; You've made it a magical place for you and your friends. : )

The reason so many staff members were against me was because I spoke up. I fought for the players. I asked for double credit days and lower prices on items released for building. I asked to not make most wanted items always so difficult to obtain, to let players get those items that they loved and cherished in VMK.. Some staff members brushed it off, laughed at me. I would tell them how it was a struggle for some players to earn credits. They would say that there is no struggle that those with little time should not expect to have much. Some of the other staff members agreed with me, they understood “the player struggle” but they were afraid to speak up because they saw how I was treated. They would ask me to speak up, to say things about what was wrong but rarely backed me up publicly and I can’t blame them. I was happy to do this because it was for the betterment of the game and the team but, of course, some refused to see that. We had some staff leave before out of frustration, some felt they just could not speak up and even if they did they would not be listened to so they sat there upset daily.
The funny thing is there is a difference between speaking up and being hostile. Seems like many staff felt like you were more hostile and abrasive instead of "speaking up for the players". Also I didn't know that "speaking up for the players" meant you had to keep secrets from other staff such as keeping the secrets events a secret from even most the HOST's, who by the way are there to you know, HOST events. A moderator shouldn't be doing those things, or else they should get a title change. There should be CLEAR and CONCISE roles within the team, mods hosting events blurs the lines in a bad way. Were you thinking of the players when you release things like EXCLUSIVE dreams months badges in secret? Do you remember when Snow made an event where you could win a Dreams Badge (among other prizes), and the room had several hundred people in the queue because it is SO SOUGHT AFTER and CAN'T BE TRADED FOR. Not long after the event started the game crashed, the room never restarted and the event was never rescheduled, people were gutted. Their one chance to get a dreams badge, gone. Now you go and give them willy nilly in secret events at times in which you know you're posse would be on and get in. Awesome.

We have had a lack of organization ever since I started and I believe since the game was opened. Many of us asked for things to get better, be more open about what is going on with all staff but this somehow never happened.
I agree with you on this. There has been a lack of organisation between staff and it is so disorganised that even players can see it and have seen it. Snow was the one who tried to be more open, after she left, you could have easily taken her place fighting for the truth and to get answers, fighting for chance and having open communication with players like Snow did. But you didn't. You didn't step up and try be that person, at least no where near as hard as Snow did.

Abs and I will be working with our staff team to get us organized, planning in advance and keeping everyone informed on what the plan is and what Amy is working on. Our staff team is feeling positive, free to speak in the chat, able to joke around and have fun with each other as we work together. Amy needs strong admins to be able to help her with the day to day operations of the game and to manage her staff. Some may hate her decision on her new admins but in the end they are her admins and those she felt she could trust to run the game how she would like it to be done. Amy is one of the most loving, caring and giving people I know. She has given so many hours to this game simply so that we could all enjoy it and much of the time there is little to no thanks for it, sometimes even open hatred or attacks.
Great, the person that nobody seems to trust any more are in charge of where the game goes. Swell. Some of the stuff sounds great but it also sounds like more FALSE PROMISES. You know this game has had A LOT of them. I should have kept a tally of all the false promises from staff, I'd be in the hundreds. Actions speak louder than words. Strong admins? Or ones who can manipulate and be abrasive to get what they want? *shrugs* I don't see how Amy can trust you after the things you did after you got your position, towards players, recent events, favouritism, etc. I guess a master manipulator who is crazed for power can make anyone believe them. Amy is loving, caring, sweet and generous, I never doubted that. What I have always said is that I haven't seen her be a great leader (which isn't a bad thing except when you try to be one, which yeah..), that she is ruled by her emotions (which isn't a bad thing. Strong emotions aren't a bad thing but the fact she has final say etc and has given false promises due to those emotions is the problem), etc. I love you Amy and all the work you have done, but the amount of power I something which I didn't think you were capable of and I mean that in the nicest way. Different people are suited for different things, you're amazing at coding the game etc. It also saddens me that people have gone with personal attacks to Amy in email and skype. As much as I disagree with her, I would try never stoop to that level.

During my time on staff I have worked hard to keep the game safe, I have no idea how many hours I have spent doing this. I would talk with some of the players to change their behavior in the game. I didn’t want to ban them. Many of those players had a change of heart, and changed their ways. So many things happened behind the scenes, some of these things not pretty at all but out of respect for Amy I will not share them. I will not provide you with private chats; I will not provide you with game logs. I will not tell you the wrongs of other staff in the past.
Those hours are appreciated but other actions, less so. So what you are saying is, you didn't want to ban someone for breaking the rules but instead tried to talk them around? How is that being a good leader and following the rules if you pick and choose who you effect them for? I mean you have broken rules yourself and not been banned because you were staff, where is the fairness in that, that you weren't reprimanded when people in the same position as a player would get banned?

Amy, Abs and myself have so many ideas on how to make things different and we will be working diligently to implement them into the game. We want those builders out there to have a better chance at getting the furniture they want yet still have time to spend with their friends. We want to make the game more fun and friendly, we will be tightening up on any inappropriate behavior in the game from language to harassment. We will be coming up with fun new ways to release things. This list could go on and on, but the point is, things are going to change.
Again, actions speak louder than words. At the moment, all I see is more empty promises which are so common in this game. It's also laughable at how many players have felt victimised and bullied and harassed by your main account, and you have tightened up on that and banned a bunch of people without warning. Yet again, you get off scot-free and the rest of us suffer.

Now I will address the late night games that many of you think were shady or, showed favoritism. Amy and I had been talking about how dead the game was in the middle of the night there were maybe 20-25 players on the game. We decided to try a trivia room, many players came, they were happy to be playing, they were all interacting. Amy gave out her Tiffiniy pins and they were a big hit. I gave out pink/blue top hat chairs with the occasional dreams badge. Players said we should do more late night events, which were fun. I built a game show room, a game alert was sent out, and players came, excited to play. It was a game of chance; I have no control over what number the generators roll. I would choose players using a command that would pick a random player (same command used during dreams month) and the game would begin. Everyone in the audience was happy, having fun, telling the players to pick higher, or lower. Which curtain to choose. It was a group game, and the players told us it was fun playing even if they didn’t win the big prize. Everyone in the room got a chance. During the games of which there were 2, each running for over 4 hours in total there were 2 clocks won, 1 firewall won by Amy and 1 pink tiki all other players got an egg, frying pan, pink rock or a few credits, all prizes were set beforehand, there was no changing of the way the game was run or the prizes received at the different levels, it was the same for all.
This was a test run to see how players reacted to the game set up. It wasn’t tweeted; it wasn’t put on the calendar because it was a slow game. Staff seemed to ignore the fact Amy that had given permission and was there the entire time. It was almost like they didn’t respect her, and she had to ask for permission from them to do something in her game.
This should be fun.. Lets start with the favouritism. The time of the events is funny, because it's a time that you and your friends are on and you probably knew that. How is it not favouritism to pick a time that works best for your friends where you're giving out rare items? Pink and blue top hat chairs (pink especially) seemed pretty hard to come by due to limited releases and yet people at these secret unknown events got to win them. Great! Dream bagdes I talked about earlier and ranted about them so you can read up for that, but it's so unfair to the rest of us. Late night events are fun when they're not secret. I am sometimes on those times but how would I know to even look in the player room list or know their is an event if I am afk at the time because nothing is happening? The big prizes was a big problem. Why was a moderator giving out prizes at all is my first question? Because Amy Okay-ed it? Yeah that isn't a good enough excuse. The fact that clocks (which are the first and one of the rarest HOST prizes) were given out in these secret games is laughable. It undermines the integrity of HOST events and HOSTs.

A TEST RUN TO SEE HOW PLAYERS REACTED? You knew players hated secret pop-up events. It had been discussed in the past by staff and staff had gotten in trouble over it. Players are clearly against them, at least a few hours warning would be better than nothing other than a pop-up.

Not agreeing with how someone is acting doesn't mean they don't respect them. If Amy gave you permission to ban all the players you didn't like then would that be okay? Would you do it and then come here and say "Well Amy gave me permission and said I could do it". It's not about respect. It's about poor decision making and that fact that not only players but many staff were against what happened and that "Amy gave it the okay and she doesn't need permission to do what she wants" is ridiculous. How can anyone respect a game run like that? It's a dictatorship. Isn't this supposed to be MYVMK? Apparently not.

In conclusion I am sorry that many of you feel betrayed or hurt by me and I do hope you can forgive me but I am here and I will be working with our team to bring you a great game experience. I know that with the help of Abs and our wonderful team we are going to make the game more enjoyable and better for all. Amy has so many wonderful and creative new ideas that she wants to add to the game, to make the game more fun and with our help, taking the weight of running the team off her she will be more free to accomplish them. I know we will not be able to make everyone happy all of the time, but we are going to try. I do hope you will at least try to give us a chance, what do you have to lose?

Hope to see you in the kingdom soon,
Kali
Not sorry enough that you listened to what the players wanted. The wonderful staff members mostly dispersed after recent events and you still don't see that you are part of the problem? It's delusion. It's sad that people we don't trust or believe in are "running the team" now. Apparently you and abs had that opinion of "Amy has the final say and she should run the game how she wants" until you and her are in the position of power where the decisions are now up to you. Funny how that happened isn't it....

You can't make the players happy all the time by ignoring everything said in the last thread and trying to give a bunch of words and act like we should trust you after everything you've done. What do we have to lose? Let's see, the good memories we have, the integrity of the game, the ability to feel safe around staff, the fun of the game. We have many things to lose and we are losing them now.

I know this is a LONG post but I needed to address the whole post because it doesn't feel right to me. Everything in the other thread was ignored as were the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.