My apology and looking to the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
Player one this was a great post. This was my favorite of all your remarks,

Kali :during my time on staff I have worked hard to keep the game safe, I have no idea how many hours I have spent doing this.
Player One: You have also emotionally hurt people and come across as rude and immature. I have no idea how many hours you have spent doing this either.

I must be beyond tired because this made me laugh every time I read it. Well done.

Normally there are more players on right now. There are 10. Only one riding the rides. So sad.

Last edited:

Lost

@PlayerOne You might enjoy my similar deconstruction of the post on page 8 :P We made a lot of similar arguments. I agree with most you said

The one thing that has been clear over the last few days is how much players care for the game and it's future. What is less clear is whether the staff actually care about us or just about us loving them. It sounds like you want everyone who disagrees with you to quit and everyone who will give you a chance to fall in line to this new regime, I mean I heard a ton of people got banned over things they haven't got banned for since the start of the game after one new admin "cracked down". How is it fair that players had no warning? How is it fair that we were PROMISED TO HAVE UPDATED RULES WHICH ARE CLEAR TO SEE FOR EVERYONE before things happened? The fact the game rules are in the forums is laughable and shows how lacking the structure is for many things round here.

So where are these new and updated rules promised by Amy? Are they just another one of the false promises, just like all the great new ideas she has for upcoming months, maybe one will happen in a month and a few several months down the line and most never. That isn't a dig, that's how things have happened in the game since the start. Why would it change now?

This will yet again be ignored and unanswered by staff but kudos for trying to distract everyone with 3 long posts at the same time and ignoring players completely in the thread that has 29+ pages of replies. So very mature and professional.

And funny how even after all these threads intended to show both sides and clear things up, you guys just beat around the bush. You want us to see your side? Post the same evidence that the other side is posting.
Exactly. Saying you can't release or post the logs after ex staff have to show the corruption just makes the remaining team look worse. I have no trust in those that can't back up what they are saying with evidence as the other side has. It's ridiculous that they think so lowly of us, which is evident in the logs, and yet expect us to fall in line with the decision. Please, you are just embarrassing yourselves and losing mass respect.

And honestly, the fact that staff were arguing against these games even with amy giving permission just increases my respect for them. Are you saying Amy is perfect? She gave permission for these prizes, but obviously considering what has been going on it was not the right decision to give out super-rares without announcing it.
Perfectly said. I haven't really spoken on this topic mainly because it's just purely ridiculous. Amy should have known better from the past mistakes that involved giving things out to random people - well, not so random people. These mistakes keep being made and I accept no apology for it at this point. You learn from the first few times you do this, but after that...it is just plain disrespect for the overall community. They say they just want to do fun things for the community, you cannot do that when you are not targeting the whole community by publicizing these events whether you thought it would just get out by word of mouth. Giving an in-game messages about it, no sweethearts, that is not notifying the community, that is notifying a select portion of the community.

EDIT: Don't really know why there would even be an auction coming from staff, for one thing. And why wouldn't it be put in the forum instead, or at least you know, notify us that there will be an auction so all of those that are interested may attend.

Last edited:
I'm sure she has already started her hit list.

Sorry you couldn't PAY me to work with ppl like that even in the VIRTUAL world!Im just glad that wasn't my 16 year old in that chat!I understand ppl say things at the heat of the moment.. But they usually don't use words that aren't in their daily vocabulary.

Personally, I'm wondering WHO was paid to write the apologies for these people. Although the "staff" interactions are DEFINITELY distressing and disgusting my immediate concerns surpass even that. After analyzing the snippets of interaction between staff, I have reviewed the initial post and 3 things are made clear to me.

1 - that AMY approves unannounced events and giving Rare prizes (referred to REPEATEDLY by Abs and even AMY herself .
"is everyone forgetting that AMY ok’d all these prizes to be given? and for the events to be run at the time they were?"
"is amy not the leader of us all though? the highest leader?"
"i don’t see how it’s not better for something to happen, that’s fun and that the people who are around can enjoy
vs noone getting anything"
2- That AMY is definitely standing behind Abs and Kali REGARDLESS (see the Home page and numerous other references)
3- That Abs, Amy & Kali believe this about US (the players):
"they complain about everything! it doesn't mean we need to bow down to them with everything they ask of us"

And it may be -
"its a game though."

But I can GUARANTEE, behind every single avie, clone or not, is a GENUINE, living, breathing person that ALSO has feelings and beliefs!! And without all of us there is NO VIRTUAL MAGIC KINGDOM!!

And this my friends, is only a smidgen of what we have been allowed to see BEHIND the CURTAIN.

Personally, Maybe every calendar event for this month should be : ASK AMY ANYTHING events.....................

I think its time to cut to the chase and point out the obvious so it isn't lost in translation. Don't take this as an attack! Your OWN WORDS are what I use to define my statements.

As for what Kali said - Well we ALL know that and I need not repeat (nor would I ) her statement here.

Now you can add my name to the HIT list. If it wasn't already there.

Lost

The reason so many staff members were against me was because I spoke up. I fought for the players. I asked for double credit days and lower prices on items released for building. I asked to not make most wanted items always so difficult to obtain, to let players get those items that they loved and cherished in VMK.. I would tell them how it was a struggle for some players to earn credits.
We want those builders out there to have a better chance at getting the furniture they want yet still have time to spend with their friends.
Just paraphrased you post a bit Kali because I wanted to ask something. One of the first things your team has done since you became an admin is to retire items after only 4 days instead of a week. Items that people have ASKED for and WANTED to buy for a LONG TIME. Seems strange that you say all the things you do in your OP and then shorten the time items are on sale, funny isn't it.

So why? If you truly believed there was such a huge struggle to earn credits and get weekly items then why retire items we have waited for FOR SO LONG after 4 days INSTEAD of 7??????

HOW IS THAT GIVING BUILDERS A BETTER CHANCE TO GET FURNI? How can I spend time with friends when items are on sale for such a sort time?

When will the hypocrisy end? I just want to know if you even believe half the things you wrote or if they are just there to paint you as the unsung hero of myvmk whilst demonising the staff who left?

Please enlighten me.

Can we all just stop, this is all getting a bit ridiculous and mean spirited. It's really taken on a tone of meanness and vidictiveness and that saddens me more than anything that has happened. :'(

Lost

Can we all just stop, this is all getting a bit ridiculous and mean spirited. It's really taken on a tone of meanness and vindictiveness and that saddens me more than anything that has happened. :'(
Maybe if staff didn't completely ignore players in all these threads and post 3 threads at the same time to blind side us and try to confuse us by keeping up with many threads in an obvious ploy.

Players are taking a stand and staff don't like it and barely acknowledge it. They say the put in countless hours but refuse to respond to anything, instead giving 1 post after multiple days which didn't answer much.

Maybe if staff didn't completely ignore players in all these threads and post 3 threads at the same time to blind side us and try to confuse us by keeping up with many threads in an obvious ploy.

Players are taking a stand and staff don't like it and barely acknowledge it. They say the put in countless hours but refuse to respond to anything, instead giving 1 post after multiple days which didn't answer much.
I totally get and understand the frustration, guess I'm just tried of hearing all the heads beating against the brick wall at this point I don't know how I feel about anything to do with it

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
In all honesty, we all know, and you definitely should know, that after all that has been done to this community, to your fellow teammates that you drove out of the game (literally, what's with the unnecessary bans?), this apology is bittersweet. It's nice that you're trying, and it's appreciated on some level, but it's bitter because it's too late and there's no trust that it's even genuine. You severed the bridge of trust with the community with your actions, and once trust is broken it's extremely hard to rebuild. If you feel any remorse for your actions, and have any sense of integrity and want this game to succeed, you will resign from your position and leave with some respect for the players and your former team members that you have hurt.

Valkyrie

Not so Active Member
when did this debate become about race? that has nothing to do with it
My thoughts exactly. And plus we shouldn't be assuming each other's races behind a computer screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lost

Sometimes it pays to be civil... just throwing that out there. Bullying the bully is just going to make matters worse. While I do not condone the behaviour of the staff in this current situation, throwing jibes is not helping anyone or anything.
So true.

It doesn't help to get our voice heard to throw personal attacks or post person information. Actual issues being brought to light and being civil and mature, and being better than the people we are against is what we need. Lowering ourselves to their level makes this whole movement lose credibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.