MyVMK Forums Newsletter - February 1, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

This week's newsletter will include some new sections.
We would love some feedback on what you like, what you didn't like, and what you would like to see!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Where in Disney World Trivia?
Answer the question correctly and be entered in a drawing for an in-game code for 2,500 credits!

Answer the question below to be entered in a drawing for a MyVMK credit code for 2,500! We will be having only one winner per trivia; keep an eye out for the winner of the credit code!
If you don't know the answer to this trivia, don't worry! There will be another one next week.

In the movie Big Hero 6, Hiro Himada and his 5 friends team up to unmask the villain stealing Hiro's microbots. Which of these superheros carries a "Power Purse"?
To Submit an answer please create a new thread HERE. Make sure to use the prefix "Where in Disney World Trivia!"

Last week's answer was Mickey's Fun Wheel and the winner is @Corduroy! Congratulations, Corduroy!

Weekly Giveaway
This is a new section to the newsletter, the Weekly Giveaway. To enter, simply enter you forums username and your in-game username. One winner will be picked and the prize will be different every week.
This week's prize is a code for 1 Flaming Ransacked Window.

Multiple entries will result in elimination.
The link to enter is
here.

Push's Forum Trivia
Push's Forum Trivia is another new section to our newsletter. It is another trivia question in addition to the Where in Disney World Trivia.

The winner of the question will receive the Push's Forum Trivia medal.

This Week's Question
In the Disney movie Bambi, what is the name of the doe with whom Bambi forms a courtship?
Submit your answer here.

Tips and Tricks
This section will contain helpful tricks.
A list of many things are available on the Help Page. The help page includes a List of Smilies, List of BB Codes, and a List of Trophies.
Check back next week for another tip or trick!

Thread of the Week
We are pleased to announce a new section to the newsletter, Thread of the Week! Each week a thread that is helpful or positive will be highlighted here. Threads we are looking for include, but are not limited to, guides, release threads, and trading values (although MyVMK does not endorse nor decide upon values of items).
To nominate a thread you think deserves to be highlighted, simply Private Message a Forums Staff Member.

This Day in Disney History

On this day in Disney History . . .

On January 31, 1998,

Cinderella's Castle is returned to its traditional decorations.

Previously it had been decorated as a birthday cake for the 25th anniversary of Walt Disney World.

Moderator Name:
@Genie

What is your favorite room in the Kingdom?
My favorite room has always been the Castle Suite! Love the balcony.

What is your favorite thing to do around the kingdom?
I really like to socialize with other people in the kingdom!

What is your favorite mini-game in MyVMK thus far?
Castle Fireworks!

Is there any advice you would give to players on the forums?
Always use the search tool before you post a thread - your question might already be answered somewhere!

What is your favorite item(s) in the game?
I LOVE the animator desk since I dabble in 3D animation myself.

Have a Suggestion?
Is there anything you'd like to see in the newsletter, something you think would be fun or interesting? Let us know by replying to this thread or Private Messaging a forums staff member!
We would love to hear your thoughts!

Contest Updates
The votes are in!
In first place and winner of the Create a Comic Strip 1st Place medal and 5,000 credits is @Allusion!

In second place and winner of the Create a Comic Strip 2nd Place medal and 2,500 credits is @PlayerOne!

In third place and winner of the Create a Comic Strip 3rd Place medal and 1,000 credits is @PhantomAvenger!

The remaining top ten win the Create a Comic Strip Top 10 medal!

Congratulations, @Captain-Heather, @Zoey, @gamerbunz,@felicitysmoak, @Dhalion, @waterfallglow, @Midien!
Everyone who participated will receive the Create a Comic Strip Participation medal.

Remember to follow all our MyVMK Forum Rules!

i like how organized this is :)
Such talented artists! Congrats! :D

Agreed. I've never felt compelled to enter the trivia contests before, but today I couldn't resist clicking each nicely categorized section. Well done! :thumbsup:
Thank you for the feedback! If anyone has any other feedback, let us know :)

So excited for everything about this month! This was always one of my favorite themes. Can't wait to see what is sold in the shops. Super excited for the weekly giveaways, thank you for doing this! Good luck everyone who enters! And congrats to the comic strip contest winners and all who participated. Thanks staff for another great month ahead of us!

Zoey

Really enjoyed this contest
All of the comics were so creative I smiled at every one (: Congratulations to everyone!! P.s. I like what was done with this newsletter it made it a lot easier to read. Looking forward to the next one!!

OstrichJockey

Thank you for the feedback! If anyone has any other feedback, let us know :)
Since ye asked, I couldn't resist spitballing a few ideas I'd love to see:

INTERVIEWS

1) interviews with graphic designers

- What inspired you?
- How long does it take to design things? How many drafts do you go through?
- Favorite botched projects?
- Favorite rooms?

2) interviews with best guest room winners

- What inspired you?
- What's your favorite piece of art within the game?
- How long did it take to design your room?
- How rooms have you designed so far?
- Club 33 party highlights

3) interviews with Push the Trash Can

- What treasure did people throw away this week?
- Who bangs the trash can lid the loudest, you or Oscar the Grouch?

4) goofier host questions

- Who would win a volcano-surfing contest? Maleficent's Dragon or Host_Kali?

POLLS

5) Random questions

- What's your favorite item this month?
- What items would you like to see again / revive the most?
- Pirates or Ghost Chasers or Jungle Boat Crashers?

COMIC STRIPS

6) Like many folks, I enjoyed the comic strip contest and would like to see it made into regular feature, aka Sunday comics. An hourly game pay is a fair wage for our artists (drawing sketches = less time for pirates) and would encourage more submissions.

TRIVIA

7) Trivia about the VMK rooms (inspired by the quests)

- spot the hidden mickeys
- how to navigate Injun Joe's Cave and wind up on Tom Sawyer's island
- how to travel through the shops via teleporters
- history / features about one particular room

GLITCHES

8) Silly bugs of the month

FASHION

9) A Bill Cunningham-style Fashion Beat, kind of like a red carpet runway for our profile pics and public room sightings

10) Contests for designing an unreleased Disney character's costume (inspired by the geniuses in the Game Ideas department)

It's always fun to see variations in:

- Maleficent's winged cloak
- Ursula's black tentacle dress
- Snow White's puffed sleeves

I understand these suggestions will most likely increase your work to an unbearable load, so feel free to nix everything and anything ;)

OstrichJockey

Congrats winners!! Love @OstrichJockey 's ideas!
Thanks CandyCars! I'm sure you can think of even better ideas ;)

OMG i LOVE the new contests!!! being able to have multiple trivia questions a week and having a raffle? this is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! thx a lot staff :D
I know, this is a banner week for trivia fans! Thanks for the extra dose of excitement, Sully :D

Oh oh oh! I can't believe I forgot about:

SPORTS

- a compilation of game tips (hopefully with pictorial images for doh-dohs like me)
- regular reports from pirate battleships, jungle cruise boats, Haunted Mansion tours
- a Genie vs. Jafar showdown in the spell room (loser spends an eternity in a perfume bottle)
- Jumping off Lost's excellent idea for a tournament of champions, I would like to see our own version of the Olympics, but with players vs. MyVMK crew representing the different "countries." Of course there's individual medaling in the Olympic triathlon (Pirates, Haunted Mansion, and Jungle Cruise), but what if our players competed with the VMK staff for the top prize in the decathlon?

In addition to the above three games, there's many ways to fill out the rest of the seven slots:

- checkers (not yet available)
- clam collecting
- test track racing
- room games: staff plays player-made games, players play staff-made games

I'm sure each side can think of sillier or sneakier games:

- Count the number of pixels in the room . . . in 15 seconds
- Build a random object (character, building, etc.) in 5 minutes. Raise the level of difficulty by turning this into a game of charades.

The possibilities are endless. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.