MyVMK Forums Newsletter - July 19, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrooge

Moderator McDuck
Forums Moderator

Reminder!
We moved to a Bi-Weekly Newsletter that means you have two weeks to enter contests.
This also means that there will now be 2 winners in each area, not just 1.

Please remember if you win we do not actively PM winners; part of entering the giveaway means you come back each time and read/check the newsletter to see if you won. If you do not claim your prize within 2 weeks of the announcement of winners, you forfeit your prize.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Where in Disney World Trivia?

Answer the question below to be entered in a drawing for a MyVMK credit code for 2,500! We will be having two winners per trivia; check back in two weeks!

What was the first permanent attraction to be removed from Disneyland?
To Submit an answer, enter here.

Last week's answer was "Pluto's collar switched from red to green" in Society Dog Show (1939)!
The winners are @Scrummp and @Simpleplanfangirl!
Congratulations! Please send a Call For Help in game to claim your prize.

Weekly Giveaway

To enter, simply enter you forums username and your in-game username. One winner will be picked (per prize) and the prize(s) will be different every week.

Prize #1 this week is a Captain Jack Sparrow Hat
(Prize kindly donated anonymously )

Prize #2 this week is a OMD-One Million Dream (Pin)
(Prize kindly donated by @Pyoi)

To enter the giveaway, you only need ONE entry for a chance to win one of the above prizes.
Please enter here!

Last week's prize winners:

Flying Carpet Magic: @Blair
Princess Aurora Set (Dress, shoes, top): @Marnetti

Please PM @Captain-Heather to arrange a meeting time to claim your prize.

We are in need of a few more donated prizes! If you are interested in donating anything, please contact @Captain-Heather. Thanks!

Push's Forum Trivia

The winner of the question will receive the Push's Forum Trivia medal.

This Week's Question
Which Disneyland attraction has a hidden basketball court inside of it?

Submit your answer here.

Last week's answer to "What instrument does Pluto play in the opening theme of the 1950s television series The Mickey Mouse Club?" was The Drums.
Congratulations to @Tohrukun and @hockeyrulez!

Tips and Tricks

Do you know you can get Twitter Alerts from MyVMK without having a Twitter account?

@Whispered posted a comment that details how to do this; check it out!
You can (without an account, mind you) get twitter to send you a text anytime a twitter account tweets. So what you're going to do is send a message to the number 40404. Just type this in the "to" field, or recipient field of the text. Or if it's easier, just save it as a contact with the name "Twitter Notifications" or similar before texting.

Then, in the text message, type this >> on @myvmk << between the arrows, no spaces at beginning or end, but space between the on and the @. After that hit send. It'll send you a confirmation, then you'll get the tweets texted to you

Weekly Poll
Previous poll results! Your favorite events of Pirate month were:
1. Ride-A-Thon
2. Smuggle the Treasure

Thanks for submitting your answers! please be sure to answer our new poll here.

MyVMK Forums Staff Profiles

Moderator Name:

Scrooge

What is your favorite room in the Kingdom?

Injun Joe's Cave. I mean seriously, look at all the gold and jewels in there!

What is your favorite thing to do around the kingdom?

I like walking from room to room exploring! Sometimes you see new things when you do.

What is your favorite mini-game in MyVMK thus far?

Haunted Mansion is my favorite, it is a mansion after all.

Who is your favorite Disney character?

Ummm... Scrooge. ;)

What is your favorite item(s) in the game?

I love the Penny Presses

What item would you like to see make a return?

I would really like the Quest Kiosk to come back.

Have a Suggestion?
Is there anything you'd like to see in the newsletter, something you think would be fun or interesting? Let us know by replying to this thread or Private Messaging a forums staff member!
We would love to hear your thoughts!

Remember to follow all of the MyVMK Forum Rules!

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Tinsel

just a heads up the tip under tips and tricks doesn't work anymore..at least not for me.

T

Tinsel

@Aria. really? I just tried and it works for me. I now have it set up for a few twitter outlets, not just MyVMk and it is awesome! I know @Whispered said it may not work outside the US.
I'm inside the US using a galaxy s6 with full capability. I send the text and receive no conformation or any tweets that MyVMK happens to tweet. So I'm not sure what's going on.

Whispered

I'm inside the US using a galaxy s6 with full capability. I send the text and receive no conformation or any tweets that MyVMK happens to tweet. So I'm not sure what's going on.
You should also (if you can't get the text to work) be able to just download the twitter app, go to @myvmk, and click the star button. You may need an account for that though, I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.