MyVMK Game & Forums Help Thread

S

Solar

***LAST UPDATED 11/4/2014***

Hello everyone! I am just putting this thread together in hopes of making it easier for everyone to find answers to their questions in one condensed thread. Hopefully this will lower the amount of threads that are posted asking questions that have already been asked before as well. All of this information has been gathered from sources throughout the website and from other threads. I will be constantly adding to this list... if you have any suggestions, feel free to post :).

MOST RECENT ISSUES (Will change as needed..)
Q:
Why can't I change my avatar? The image is the correct size and everything!
A: The feature is temporarily broken to upload your avatar normally. You will need to use the gravatar feature (sign up at http://en.gravatar.com/) and upload your avatar through that.

USEFUL THREADS:
MyVMK Help Thread (New members look here!!)
MyVMK Experience - Play on Mavericks & Yosemite
MyVMK Pal - Wrapper Software for MyVMK
Use VMK Pal for MyVMK
Shockwave causing issues? Try downgrading!
How to Report a Post on Xenforo

Common Q/A:
Q:
How can I get my name changed in game and on the forums?
A: To submit a forum name change request, click here and make a thread- a site administrator will acknowledge it shortly. To submit an ingame name change request, send an email to contact@myvmk.com using the email you signed up with (DO NOT request an ingame name change via the link above, or through the ingame help tool!)

Q: I submitted my name change request and nothing is happening!
A: Be patient. MyVMK receives multiple emails everyday and it may take a while for them to acknowledge your request. However, if it has been more than a few days it wouldn't hurt to PM @Snow, @Grizzly, or @Amy, and they may be able to help you out a little bit further. Refrain from PMing them first, though!

Q: MyVMK doesn't work on my Mac! What do I do?
A: This is a tricky one. Shockwave is not compatible on Mavericks or Yosemite (10.9 and up). There are temporary fixes that you can use right now. MyVMK Experience offers wrapper software that has helped many people get in the game on Mac. If that is not for you, the only other way is downloading programs such as VirtualBox, Wine, or using bootcamp to load Windows on your Mac.

Q: I got into a HOST room but lagged out, what do I do?
A: Send in a Call For Help in game, and a staff member will do their best to pull you back into the room.

Don't forget that the search tool is a good way to find most of your issues. I always recommend using it before posting a new thread http://forums.myvmk.com/search/.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

kittenmittens

I've tried using Gravatar, it's not working for me. I've made an account, confirmed my email but it's still saying my email address isn't found when I go to use it on here (I've made sure I used the correct email multiple times.) Any idea what I could be doing wrong @Solar ?

S

Solar

I've tried using Gravatar, it's not working for me. I've made an account, confirmed my email but it's still saying my email address isn't found when I go to use it on here (I've made sure I used the correct email multiple times.) Any idea what I could be doing wrong @Solar ?
I've actually never used gravatar myself, so I just now tried to replicate your issue. My gravatar was able to sync up just fine, so I'd just like to check that it wasn't user error. Please go to this URL and ensure that your page looks as follows: https://en.gravatar.com/emails/

K

kittenmittens

I'm not sure why that would be. Could you try adding a secondary email to your account and see if that one works?
I added a new primary email but that didn't seem to work either oddly enough..thanks for the help though, I appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a way to delete messages out of your inbox? @Solar
Yes and its very easy. Go to inbox and click "show all" once there you will see a box in front of the name of each PM click it and a menu will appear. Click the leave conversation button then click "go" and the pm will be deleted.

Hey all! I have tried to enter the game a million and one times. I have used my mac and my pc downloaded shockwave for the pc, used different browsers and nothing works! I want to play so bad but I can't get it work. Any ideas?

Not sure if this thread is still active, but I cannot get my game to start! :/
I've tried on Edge, and Foxfire. But it is still saying it's missing a plug in, but I can't do anything about it! Please help :)

Is there a way to close/delete forum thread posts?
Is there a way to edit the title?
yes and yes.
You cannot necessarily "delete" them but you can close them. You would have to go to the "Thread Tools", then uncheck the "open" box. That would close the thread.

That's also the same way to edit the thread title; "Edit Title".

Drake

How do I close a post, I can’t seem to find a way to ‘close it’
so you used to be be able to '' close it'' but not anymore. You can edit the title and write '' please close'' and the mods will then close the thread and move it to archive. To edit the thread, click the drop down button on the top right when your at the thread you wanna close and then click edit thread, and then it will allow you to change the thread title.

Leafwing

Vanillamaxpepsii
so you used to be be able to '' close it'' but not anymore. You can edit the title and write '' please close'' and the mods will then close the thread and move it to archive. To edit the thread, click the drop down button on the top right when your at the thread you wanna close and then click edit thread, and then it will allow you to change the thread title.
ah thank you darlin

Anyone know how to make an animated gif your profile picture on forums? I uploded a gif as my picture and sized it 200x200 , it’s animated in the upload window but not anywhere else. Any help is greatly appreciated , thank you! :D