MyVMK Help

Kaeliah

Previously Tessa

Welcome!
Are you a new member who is confused? Or are you an old member that needs to brush up on things? Either way, you've come to the right place! :)

MyVMK Help is a FAQ created to help answer your questions. As of July 2016, all information in this guide is current. Keep in mind that anything is subject to change as the game continues to be updated.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, feel free to post them in this thread. We will assist you promptly!

Q: What do I do if I forget my password?

A: Go to the following link: Forgotten Your Password

Q: Why did I get a "Internal Server Error" on the forum?

A: This is traffic-related and will go away over time.

Q: Why doesn't my post count increase when I post in the Forum Games section?

A: Post count has been disabled in that section because to prevent post-farming.

Q: Is there a shoutbox for the forum?

A: Currently, the forum does not have a shoutbox.

Q: Where can I find the staff, and how do I contact them?

A: Click Members in the main menu bar, and go to Staff Members to find a list of the forum's staff. To contact them, go to any one of the moderator's profiles, click Information and then Start a Conversation. Or, you can scroll down to the bottom of the forum and click Contact Us.

Q: What do I do if I forget my password?

A: Send an email to contact@myvmk.com and they will help you recover your password for the game.

Q: How do I become a staff member?

A: When there is a need for staff, applications will be opened for people to apply for a position. What they look for are people who are active, have a clean record, and have past experience with a staff position or similar leadership role.
You can currently apply for a staff position here.

Q: I just got a Quest popup - what does this mean?

A: That is a packet bug and does not mean Quests will be released any time soon.

Q: Why do I keep getting a black screen when attempting to load the game?

A: Make sure you are updated to the latest version of Shockwave and use a browser that supports the game (Firefox works best.)
If neither of those options work for you, then there is a problem at your end, because that issue is not related to the servers.
Check out this thread for further assistance. (If you are having this problem and play on a Mac computer, please go here.)

Q: How long can I be inactive until my account is deleted?

A: At the moment, accounts are not cleared for inactivity.

Q: Where can I get credits?

A: Currently, you can earn daily credits from six NPC's listed below. You can also play minigames such as Fireworks Remixed, Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, and the Shell Minigame. Watch out for double-credit weekends!
  • Esmerlda is located in the Emporium.
  • Yeti is located in the Matterhorn.
  • Dragon is located in the Dungeon.
  • Ned is located in the Shrunken Ned's Shop.
  • Captain Blackheart is located in the Pirate Treehouse.
  • Gator Waiter is located in the Blue Bayou.

Q: Why doesn't my signature change after I edit it?

A: If it does not change automatically, reenter the room.

Q: My closet isn't working. What do I do?

A: You can access the closet in two ways:

1.) The first one is the closet button in the menu bar. If you click it and nothing shows up, exit out of it and then click the button again.
2.) The second way is in your inventory in the Clothing tab.

Q: How many credits do you get per shell?

A: You receive 10 credits per shell.

Q: Why can't I log into the game when I am already registered on the forum?

A: Your forum account is not linked to your in-game account. You need to Register at the MyVMK homepage first, and then proceed to log into the game using your newly registered account information.
(Just remember that your forum and in-game accounts are separate from each other.)

Q: What do the stars on magic pins represent?

A: You can combine magic pins together to create more stars on your magic. For example, if you have 2 of the same 1* magic pins, you can combine them into a single 2 star magic pin. If you have a 4* magic pin and a 1* magic pin and combine them, it'll become 5 stars. The more stars on your magic, the longer it lasts!

Q: How do I enter a teleporter?

A: Double-click the teleporter, and you will be teleported to the corresponding teleporter that is linked with the first one.

Q: Is VMK Pal compatible with MyVMK?

A: Yes, Amy has done so here. However, I recommend using MyVMK Pal which is more updated and current.

Q: How do I use a Randomizer/Generator?

A: Stand next to the Randomizer/Generator and double-click it to generate it. If you cannot spin the generator, take away the item and replace it.

Q: How do you get keys and crates?

A: There are many different keys and crates from past events, which you can buy from other players that still have them. Right now there is no specific crate and key you can obtain (however, a new concept is in the works). Regular keys that you use in the Pirate's Treasure room are obtainable by playing minigames.

Last edited by a moderator:

iTony

Ohana means family.
Game Related:

A: You can access the closet in two ways. The first one is in the menu bar, and the second is in the clothing inventory. When one doesn't work, the other will.

Kaeliah

Previously Tessa
Game Related:

A: You can access the closet in two ways. The first one is in the menu bar, and the second is in the clothing inventory. When one doesn't work, the other will.
Perfect, thank you!

how do you get the npc's to give you credits? I feel like a new player all over again

Double-click on either Esmeralda or the Yeti. I'm not sure on how long it is until you can receive credits again from them, i've seen people say 1 hour, 6 hours and 12 hours... lol

xoxobreathe

I'm having a problem with my signature. I was trying to chance it last night and I guess I typed too many characters but now I can't change it at all because it says to keep it under 80 characters. But if I highlight it and try typing again it still does that so I can't change it and it's bugging me, any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Question: Under options is a "Show friends request" box, it won't let me click it to turn it on.Will i still be able to receive friend requests if I don't have this checked?

Jasmine

Does anyone know if it is possible to change my in-game password used to log in to the game?
When you visit http://beta.myvmk.com/
click the Forgot your password? Click here! Link (under where you normally login)
You'll get to reset your password, but it might take a few (maybe 5-10 minutes)
Just wanted to point out that some people are having a hard time getting the email to reset their password. And please note that it will be a completely randomized password and that you cannot change it to something else (yet).

Can't change signature-- HELP

I'm having trouble editing my signature, period. Tried highlighting text and rewriting, deleting text, etc. Nothing is working, and I'd love to change it. Thanks!

Kaeliah

Previously Tessa
I'm having trouble editing my signature, period. Tried highlighting text and rewriting, deleting text, etc. Nothing is working, and I'd love to change it. Thanks!
After you edit your signature, go to a different room. Then click your character and see if your signature has updated. :)