MyVMK In-game Staff Applications

that's fine, but i think it would be fair to set a close date for applications so we aren't in limbo. unless you're implying you've heard back, in which case some of us haven't?
Exactly, it would be nice to know when they have checked all the applications and hired everyone they need, so I'm not sat checking my emails all the time wondering whether they're interested in me.

PudgeTheFish

that's fine, but i think it would be fair to set a close date for applications so we aren't in limbo. unless you're implying you've heard back, in which case some of us haven't?
Exactly, it would be nice to know when they have checked all the applications and hired everyone they need, so I'm not sat checking my emails all the time wondering whether they're interested in me.
I would just keep checking your emails until they post about the applications closing.

a team can evaluate forms and still provide some feedback on an estimated time of completing the review or when applicants would expect to hear back. that's a reasonable request and is an integral part of this process. it's the professional thing to do.
There hasn't been an announcement either way. As long as the applications remain open, it can be assumed that they are still in consideration. There has been no announcement stating that anyone has been hired, and until there is, it is to be assumed that EVERYONE is still in consideration. They have no reason to keep everyone on edge about it, unless they are still figuring things out...

S

saturnvmk

There hasn't been an announcement either way. As long as the applications remain open, it can be assumed that they are still in consideration. There has been no announcement stating that anyone has been hired, and until there is, it is to be assumed that EVERYONE is still in consideration. They have no reason to keep everyone on edge about it, unless they are still figuring things out...
Yes, I totally agree with all of this and am not denying any of your statements - but basically, that's all conjecture as it's an assumption. in consideration to applicants, it's fair to give a time range or at least provide some info on how the applications will be received and reviewed, i.e. if all applicants will hear back or only those who will move on to the next round and when that might be. that's not a lot to ask, and i'm clearly not the only one seeking that information and feedback.

this is a standard that applies to most all kinds of applications, ranging from internship and fellowship applications to those associated with moderating forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
With all the changes going on, its safe to say they haven't fully decided on how many they need, who they want and where they are needed. There is probably some behind the scene stuff we aren't aware of and also trying to get all the previously re-added hosts back on the same page as hosts that were already in play. So hang tight no one has heard anything in regards to this. hehe hugs :)

S

saturnvmk

okay, i think everyone is missing my point. i am totally sympathetic to all of that. i completely agree that that is probably what is going on. i am completely understanding of the behind the scenes "stuff." i am sending positive vibes to the whole team as they restructure and work.

HOWEVER, that doesn't mean that they can't post a newsletter or an update that clarifies the situation, provides an estimated timeline, and is transparent and open to the community about what is going on. in my opinion, it is a completely fair request to ask staff and @Amy to update players and the community in a timely and transparent fashion, whether in regards to behind the scenes "stuff" and/or staff applications (even just acknowledging that they are reading them would be nice).

good luck to all. Also do they look at responses[DOUBLEPOST=1486807449][/DOUBLEPOST]
will they email i to u[DOUBLEPOST=1486807531][/DOUBLEPOST]
Member name means your in game username! :)
Hey Han wondering if its givin to u by email

Last edited: