MyVMK Launcher Blackout

Is anyone having problems getting into the game? It seems that once I get pass the loading screen where it says "loading character", I get a black screen.

Can someone look into this and figure out what is wrong?

If I remembered correctly, I deleted the files in the Temp file in the MyVMK Launch app to see if it loads faster.

Update: reinstalled the application and got the same result...
Update 2: uninstalled and reinstalled adobe shockwave but same result...
Update 3: reinstalled the third time around and got the same result
Update 4: it turned out that I was using the schools wifi network that prohibits online gaming.

Last edited:
From the way I see it, I should quit playing until @Amy figures out a way to make myvmk playable in any operating platform; preferably HTML 5

MacPat

Contributor
If you're installing and/or uninstalling Adobe Shockwave on native Mac OS X, that's really funny. This application bundle includes everything you need in order to play the game. The Adobe Shockwave that you install and/or uninstall on Mac OS X has nothing to do with the Adobe Shockwave that is pre-installed in the application bundle. You don't even need to have Adobe Shockwave installed on native Mac OS X, so uninstall it if you do.

Also, here are the steps to delete the cache when MyVMK Launcher becomes slow:
Go > Go to Folder...
Type '/Applications/MyVMK Launcher.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/users/myvmk/Temp' without quotes
Edit > Select All
File > Move to Trash

What version of Mac OS X are you running? Also, try re-downloading the application and replacing the MyVMK Launcher that is currently in your Applications folder with the one from the Disk Image.

If you're installing and/or uninstalling Adobe Shockwave on native Mac OS X, that's really funny. This application bundle includes everything you need in order to play the game. The Adobe Shockwave that you install and/or uninstall on Mac OS X has nothing to do with the Adobe Shockwave that is pre-installed in the application bundle. You don't even need to have Adobe Shockwave installed on native Mac OS X, so uninstall it if you do.

Also, here are the steps to delete the cache when MyVMK Launcher becomes slow:
Go > Go to Folder...
Type '/Applications/MyVMK Launcher.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/users/myvmk/Temp' without quotes
Edit > Select All
File > Move to Trash

What version of Mac OS X are you running? Also, try re-downloading the application and replacing the MyVMK Launcher that is currently in your Applications folder with the one from the Disk Image.
Well, I run on OSX 10.11.6 which is considered as El Capitan. I already uninstalled the shockwave that was already on my Mac. The method of removing the temp was what I did and from how frustrated I was, I already deleted the application. Sorry if that sounded funny; I'm not really avid with computer programming.

I'm away from my computer at the moment so I can't perform any of those methods.

Last edited:
@mijaro r u on a school wifi network ??? bc ik at my school i don't have access to big online gaming sites bc of the firewall built into the connection so idk if this could have something to do with that ...

@mijaro r u on a school wifi network ??? bc ik at my school i don't have access to big online gaming sites bc of the firewall built into the connection so idk if this could have something to do with that ...
I was checking it at the school so that could be.... I guess my college's network banned online gaming. What I find weird is how I saw some people playing those online games on the schools network

I was checking it at the school so that could be.... I guess my college's network banned online gaming. What I find weird is how I saw some people playing those online games on the schools network
ya i have been looking into it since i got here bc i can't access any of the games i play and some ppl say they use VPNs and stuff but idk how to do anything like that !!! ur girl just wants to play haunted mansion!!!

but i suggest looking to see if ur school has a gaming society bc there was a lot of info on what games u can and cannot play on my school's gaming society's fb page

MacPat

Contributor
Has your issue been resolved?
ya i have been looking into it since i got here bc i can't access any of the games i play and some ppl say they use VPNs and stuff but idk how to do anything like that !!! ur girl just wants to play haunted mansion!!!

but i suggest looking to see if ur school has a gaming society bc there was a lot of info on what games u can and cannot play on my school's gaming society's fb page
Has your issue been resolved?