MyVMK | Now Available On macOS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VMK_Simba

MyVMK Staff
Staff member
MyVMK Staff
Everything was working great before you did this. Now i can't get on with this MyVMKpal program. That Pal program was junk back in the day of the original VMK. Put the old login back the way it was for window users and a separate login for mac users.
A message base link about VMK pal program from the old days, the good and the bad of VMK pal

Try this ( after you login click on the one that says .........Launch ( Legacy not recummended )
myVMKPal login hasn't changed! Just save your account information in myVMKPal, and you can login using the sidebar. If you have further troubles, don't hesitate to contact us through www.MyVMK.com/contact

Quick question @Amy, for mac users will it work on the latest mac software? I havent updated to high sirrea yet because myvmk launcher has still been working for me, If i update to high sierra will this application work?
Also wondering this, as I haven't updated yet for the same reason.

so this happens to me everytime i enter a room.... how do i get it so i can actually see everything?
I'm having this same issue, where I only see the bottom right corner of a room. Anybody figured out a way to fix this?

Also wondering this, as I haven't updated yet for the same reason.

I'm having this same issue, where I only see the bottom right corner of a room. Anybody figured out a way to fix this?
It's been happening to me as well. One thing that has worked for me is to simply open the app, log in, and not move any of the screens until I'm fully logged on and in a room.

It's been happening to me as well. One thing that has worked for me is to simply open the app, log in, and not move any of the screens until I'm fully logged on and in a room.
Seems to be working so far, Thanks for the tip!

P.S. Thanks to the staff & @Amy for making this work for Mac users. So far, I've noticed the game is less laggy than using the old Launcher program. :)

dazedmermaid

but you can call me daze
super excited, but I after I download it when I try to open it, it just stays jumping in the dock and then says "application not responding"

has this happened to anyone else, and does anyone have any solutions?

riddleguy

super excited! this hopefully means other features/fixes people want to see can be focused on now ...like magic checkers,gator waiter working, and ai for pirates/mansion and quest kiosks working properly(i think this should be the next priority).

Woot! Now I can bounce between my Windows rig and my iMac without hitting up my old XP Virtual Machine, which this definitely runs far more smoothly than! Thank you SO much!
Quick question though: Since this is using Wine to work, which is totally awesome btw, how difficult would it be to port this to Linux? Not that there's much of a use case for MyVMK on Linux, but hypothetically... :)

alice-darling

Probably Smells Like Avocados
This is great! I've passed the message along to some friends who previously played VMK but were unable to play MyVMK due to having Macs. Thank you for taking the time to work on something like this! Hope it continues to be successful for everyone!

It won't let me log-in :([DOUBLEPOST=1507083753][/DOUBLEPOST]I get "unhandled exception" and the window closes.[DOUBLEPOST=1507083936][/DOUBLEPOST]Or I get a black screen of death and nothing else.[DOUBLEPOST=1507084921][/DOUBLEPOST]Alright, I used the launch legacy not recommended and it worked. I never could get myvmk pal to work.

Last edited:
Hi I haven't logged in in ages, and this was very exciting news. I have a problem though -- I downloaded the client and followed the instructions in the initial post, but the client won't open D:

The icon bounces up and down a few times but then it just goes away and nothing happens. PLS HELP

thx ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.