MyVMKPal Saves a debug file

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, search was not working for me.

Launching MyVMKPal by a shortcut on my desktop today and realized it creates a debug file on the desktop with the contents (on initial execution):
Code:
[0819/204631:INFO:(0)] WebCore is now online.
[0819/204631:INFO:(0)] Running Awesomium 1.7.4.2
Is there a way to prevent this file from being created, at the very least on the desktop?

VMK_Simba

MyVMK Staff
Staff member
MyVMK Staff
Not sure if this has been discussed yet, search was not working for me.

Launching MyVMKPal by a shortcut on my desktop today and realized it creates a debug file on the desktop with the contents (on initial execution):
Code:
[0819/204631:INFO:(0)] WebCore is now online.
[0819/204631:INFO:(0)] Running Awesomium 1.7.4.2
Is there a way to prevent this file from being created, at the very least on the desktop?
Hi there! I would first just like to let you know that this file is safe to delete. It's just log information in plain text.

Are you an administrator on the computer you have myVMKPal installed on? It may be creating the log file due to not having permission to the install folder.

Hi there! I would first just like to let you know that this file is safe to delete. It's just log information in plain text.

Are you an administrator on the computer you have myVMKPal installed on? It may be creating the log file due to not having permission to the install folder.
Yes of course I am the administrator. I am just bugged that it creates the file on my desktop after downloading the program, and was wondering if it happens with anyone else. If it does, maybe the MyVMK Pal creator needs to fix the file pathing. If not, it's just a fluke on my PC.

I'm mainly curious because none of my other programs download debug files on the desktop where the respective shortcuts sit.

VMK_Simba

MyVMK Staff
Staff member
MyVMK Staff
Yes of course I am the administrator. I am just bugged that it creates the file on my desktop after downloading the program, and was wondering if it happens with anyone else. If it does, maybe the MyVMK Pal creator needs to fix the file pathing. If not, it's just a fluke on my PC.

I'm mainly curious because none of my other programs download debug files on the desktop where the respective shortcuts sit.
Soblue, you're not alone. I have also noticed a debug shortcut on my desktop. I didn't know it came from MyVMKpal though. You have helped solve a mystery for me.
I see what's happening now. We'll be sure to get that fixed in the next bug patch :)