MyVMKPal Troubles

I've never had many troubles using MyVMKPal before -- nothing that a reboot or reinstall couldn't fix anyways. However, today I turned on my computer, tried to launch Pal and I kept getting this message:

What I've tried so far:
  • As from past experiences, I rebooted (several times) and uninstalled. When I tried reinstalling, the moment I try to run the setup file, I get the above message ^ and if I press continue, a window opens that says Label 1 and it doesn't install. I have an older setup file saved just in case and that one installs fine, but as soon as I attempt to launch it I get that message^ and the window opens up saying Form 1 and its completely white.
  • I ran a ccleaner and cleared my cache, cookies.
  • I tried reinstalling shockwave/flash as well as downgrading shockwave but I still got the above message.
  • Restored my computer to an earlier date
  • After looking through the forums for a solution, I also went into the internet options and unchecked "disable script debugging"
    • I also uninstalled Visual C++ and .net framework and reinstalled.
I can use Firefox for now, but MyVMKPal is much easier and convenient and has been my sort of peanut butter and jelly for playing since I've started. If anyone has suggestions or solutions that can help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it! :rose:

Last edited:
I had this problem before, but I don't remember what I did to fix it. I think I may of took away the shock wave that I had first then I may of downloaded a new one to fix it.

I've been having the same problem for a couple days... I just kept forgetting to come on here and post about it.

Hopefully @kolyaventuri or @Bird can help us out with this!

P.S.
For quite awhile, using phrases would sometimes work, and then it would start saying them in all caps. I don't know if it's a widespread problem, but I know others were having the same issue.

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
I've never had many troubles using MyVMKPal before -- nothing that a reboot or reinstall couldn't fix anyways. However, today I turned on my computer, tried to launch Pal and I kept getting this message:

What I've tried so far:
  • As from past experiences, I rebooted (several times) and uninstalled. When I tried reinstalling, the moment I try to run the setup file, I get the above message ^ and if I press continue, a window opens that says Label 1 and it doesn't install. I have an older setup file saved just in case and that one installs fine, but as soon as I attempt to launch it I get that message^ and the window opens up saying Form 1 and its completely white.
  • I tried reinstalling shockwave/flash as well as downgrading shockwave but I still got the above message.
  • After looking through the forums for a solution, I also went into the internet options and unchecked "disable script debugging"
I can use Firefox for now, but MyVMKPal is much easier and convenient and has been my sort of peanut butter and jelly for playing since I've started. If anyone has suggestions or solutions that can help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it! :rose:
I've been having the same problem for a couple days... I just kept forgetting to come on here and post about it.

Hopefully @kolyaventuri or @Bird can help us out with this!

P.S.
For quite awhile, using phrases would sometimes work, and then it would start saying them in all caps. I don't know if it's a widespread problem, but I know others were having the same issue.
Having same problem, hope a patch comes out soon :(
Erm... I'll look into all of this.. Sorry guys![DOUBLEPOST=1461284193][/DOUBLEPOST]

What I've tried so far:
My best guess for this is that your network is causing issues ("The underlying connection was closed"), which is resulting in myVMKPal not being able to contact my servers to check for an update... I can add detection so it won't throw this error, but if what I think is occurring is, there's not much I can do from my end.

Erm... I'll look into all of this.. Sorry guys![DOUBLEPOST=1461284193][/DOUBLEPOST]

My best guess for this is that your network is causing issues ("The underlying connection was closed"), which is resulting in myVMKPal not being able to contact my servers to check for an update... I can add detection so it won't throw this error, but if what I think is occurring is, there's not much I can do from my end.
It was working fine that day before so if it's my network what should I take a look at or fix?

It was working fine that day before so if it's my network what should I take a look at or fix?
I'm no programmer, but I wouldn't think it would be a network issue, seeing how we all started having the same issue around the same time.

Could it possibly be related to an update for any kind of software that MyVMK Pal could be using?

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
I'm no programmer, but I wouldn't think it would be a network issue, seeing how we all started having the same issue around the same time.

Could it possibly be related to an update for any kind of software that MyVMK Pal could be using?
Since more people are having the issue, I would tend to agree. It's possible there's an issue with the .NET install on everyones computers, but I wouldn't understand that.. My best guess is that is has something to do with my servers, as I have just done some basic maintence on them (the error is occuring when myVMKPal is contacting my servers to check for updates). There have been no official changes or updates to anything myVMKPal related.

The thing that makes it a bit harder to diagnose, is that I'm not able to replicate the issue under any circumstances so far.

I'm looking into it.

Since more people are having the issue, I would tend to agree. It's possible there's an issue with the .NET install on everyones computers, but I wouldn't understand that.. My best guess is that is has something to do with my servers, as I have just done some basic maintence on them (the error is occuring when myVMKPal is contacting my servers to check for updates). There have been no official changes or updates to anything myVMKPal related.

The thing that makes it a bit harder to diagnose, is that I'm not able to replicate the issue under any circumstances so far.

I'm looking into it.
Thank you for looking into it! :rose:

Saw there was an update (3.3.1), so I tried downloading MyVMK Pal, and it seems to be working flawlessly!
Not sure if you'd have to uninstall and reinstall for it to work, as I had already uninstalled MyVMK Pal, while trying to fix it the first time.

Thanks for fixing it, kolyaventuri!