Need better assistance in game

tiggerholic

There has to be a better way to get help in game when you repeatedly have players blocking entrances, exits, or rides. Apparently, sending in a Call For Help does absolutely nothing nor does sending a screen shot via PM to staff here on forum.

It's really sad that people have to behave this way just to get attention, especially when one of their clones has already been banned. They just come back in with another clone or make a new account and continue their behavior.

for now all we can do is continue to report the behavior and when a staff comes online they will take care of it. Hopefully once more staff is brought on calls for help will be answered immediately like they were in VMK. We have to remember that right now they are not only working on fixing the game, they are also moderating and have to have time to have a life outside of the game as well as sleep.
I agree that it's sad that people have to go around the game disrupting it for others. Staff wouldn't have to spend so much time dealing with player issues if everyone could be counted on to act responsibly and maturely, unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case.

Horse

It does nothing....? Ive been dealing with requests all day!
It's sad that you have to waste your time with all those reports. Maybe if there is a warning under the room description for Amy's room, it would help with the ride blocking problem.

Fiyero

The report feature is used so liberally now, when really, it's only supposed to be used with real emergencies in game. The ignore feature is great if someone is being rude or just generally annoying to you.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
I send in a call for help when there's an issue, and let the staff take it from there. If it's a serious issue like one I had last week, I took a screen shot, and PMed it to a staff member. They dealt with it, in private with the person of issue. They don't publicly, or openly discuss the punishment with you so while you think nothing is being done, they're taking care of it privately. They're not going to come tell you how they dealt with the person. You just kind of have to put it in their hands, and go about your day.

I send in a call for help when there's an issue, and let the staff take it from there. If it's a serious issue like one I had last week, I took a screen shot, and PMed it to a staff member. They dealt with it, in private with the person of issue. They don't publicly, or openly discuss the punishment with you so while you think nothing is being done, they're taking care of it privately. They're not going to come tell you how they dealt with the person. You just kind of have to put it in their hands, and go about your day.
Could of not said that better myself.

Exactly what I have done also :thumbsup:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I think it's just important to keep in mind that everybody is doing their best. So, next time a problem isn't solved right away, even if you've used the help button or PMed a staff member, just know that the reason you're not getting a response isn't because the moderation team is off in the fields picking daisies, but, because there's literally less than 5 people running the game. 5 people vs. thousands of members. The report calls/pms the staff are receiving right now are probably off the charts. Can you imagine being responsible for so many people with nobody to fall back on?

Hopefully though, the trouble will die down in game when the new moderators join :thumbsup:.

tiggerholic

It does nothing....? Ive been dealing with requests all day!
My apologies Kevin, this really was *not* directed at you and I know all the current staff are doing their best. I just wish more was put into "in game assistance" before or in conjunction with the concentration of Fireworks, dictionary, etc. :)

And for the record, I sent in 2 "in game helps" and nothing happened. It wasn't until I came on the Forums and said something in the Shoutbox. Plus Geggy's help in the game and here on the forum helped :)

Finally, thanks for the clarification Kevin :)

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
My apologies Kevin, this really was *not* directed at you and I know all the current staff are doing their best. I just wish more was put into "in game assistance" before or in conjunction with the concentration of Fireworks, dictionary, etc. :)

And for the record, I sent in 2 "in game helps" and nothing happened. It wasn't until I came on the Forums and said something in the Shoutbox. Plus Geggy's help in the game and here on the forum helped :)

Finally, thanks for the clarification Kevin :)
But my question is how do you know nothing happened? You made sure to input the user's name you had the issue with? Because if it was typed correctly, they probably dealt with it privately with that user like I mentioned before. Just be sure all information put in the Call for Help box is accurate, and it will be taken care of I'm sure.

CoolBama

You also have to remember this is still beta stages. For only being opened for a month, they have a huge amount of members to deal with. They have already stated before they are in the process of hiring more staff members. Be patient, everything will fall into place :).

Jasmine

What if the person you reported tells you they didn't get in trouble, though? :P (And you know they're not lying, because you're friends with them and they joke about how they didn't get in trouble.) I can't speak for anyone else, but I know I've had situations like this...

I agree that everyone is doing their best, and I'm sure we all know that this is beta (and therefore don't need a reminder), but I agree with Ace. I hope those applications are being looked at!

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
What if the person you reported tells you they didn't get in trouble, though? :P (And you know they're not lying, because you're friends with them and they joke about how they didn't get in trouble.) I can't speak for anyone else, but I know I've had situations like this...

I agree that everyone is doing their best, and I'm sure we all know that this is beta (and therefore don't need a reminder), but I agree with Ace. I hope those applications are being looked at!
Well all I can say is they're either lying then because they're embarrassed they got in trouble for something they shouldn't have done, or what they did turned out to be not so serious and didn't warrant a punishment/warning. Sometimes people overreact and report people without reasonable cause. If you do so, obviously with no proof that anything was threatening/harmful was done/said directly to you, then that person won't be punished accordingly. That's just my thoughts on the matter.

Jasmine

Well all I can say is they're either lying then because they're embarrassed they got in trouble for something they shouldn't have done, or what they did turned out to be not so serious and didn't warrant a punishment/warning. Sometimes people overreact and report people without reasonable cause. If you do so, obviously with no proof that anything was threatening/harmful was done/said directly to you, then that person won't be punished accordingly. That's just my thoughts on the matter.
No I can tell you they weren't lying, and yes, they were reported for a good reason. Considering at least 2-3 people reported them for doing something that was against the rules, it was obviously necessary. Also, if they were lying, I don't think they'd still be doing what they did ;).

Just sayin'.

Is the rule they're breaking absolutely horrible? No, of course not, but technically speaking, it is listed in the rules Kevin posted. But maybe it's me? I haven't seen some of the rules enforced on the forum either, so maybe they changed their minds? I don't know, but I suppose it's a possibility.