New Client Feedback

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
So my (short) experience so far is mainly with pirates:

Cannons seem to appear to hit but don't, and also the opposite (appearing to not get hit with cannons but still dying). I'm not talking about invisible ammo, but the hitboxes seem to be slightly off in the new client? I also do have it fullscreen (still 4:3)

The scoreboard does not show up between rounds (but does at the end)

The score does not update in the bottom left hand corner

You can move after the round ends for a few seconds

The arrows to show which direction do not stay there. They immediately disappear unlike the old client where the arrows will stay for a few seconds.

Sometimes picking up health or ammo will either not pick it up (though the ammo/health disappears from the map as if you did), or it does pick up and does not update how much ammo/health you have at the bottom

After playing a few games of pirates, besides a key/crate i earned, it showed I had nothing in my inventory at all. After a relog my items reappeared

No animation when using keys for chests opening (Upon further keys, only the bronze chest does not open)

Standing in this specific spot in the treasure room makes it look like I dont have pants *shrug*

Edit:

Chat from lobby remains on screen when a game starts (but still moves up over time)

Unable to switch from 1 game to another without having to manually leave the game you were originally in

You can not click the scoreboard to move under it. You can still go under the scoreboard by clicking elsewhere (it will still move you under it if you are on one side, and click on the other, but you can't click near the scoreboard anymore. A big disadvantage when playing those on the old client.

And an iteration of my first point: shots seemingly completely miss you, but end up killing you. Usually when this happens your health does not update either (Still will say you have 3 health or however many you had) but you dead.

You can still "shoot" after your dead. It doesn't actually shoot but you see the animation on the arrow where you died, and you see your ammo count decrease. Doesn't affect the game at all, just thought i'd point it out.

Last edited:

Tony Stark

I still believe in heroes.
I have one problem with it otherwise I love it!!! But in pirates I hate that you have to doubletap the arrows to shoot. I'm used to double clicking to shoot so it was hard for me to get used to. Other than that, I think it's great???

MoitaRose

Bearded Dragon, Dog, & Beta Lover <3
This is both a rant, something that I think can be fixed in the new client, and a heads up to anyone who is using the new client exclusively right now. When someone is hiding or behind something, their name does not pop up over whatever they are behind, basically you can't tell they are there. You also can't click on the person behind the item to get their Character information that way unless you hit in just the right spot. This has become a frustration in terms of hide-and-seek and is also a warning to anyone who hasn't attempted hide and seek on the new client yet that it basically useless to try unless no one is on.
I also know people have a tendency to start up games of Assassin every now and then, this issue would make those games difficult for anyone who is using the new client.
It's also just something that should be noted since it's not an issue if you're on the old client.

This is both a rant, something that I think can be fixed in the new client, and a heads up to anyone who is using the new client exclusively right now. When someone is hiding or behind something, their name does not pop up over whatever they are behind, basically you can't tell they are there. You also can't click on the person behind the item to get their Character information that way unless you hit in just the right spot. This has become a frustration in terms of hide-and-seek and is also a warning to anyone who hasn't attempted hide and seek on the new client yet that it basically useless to try unless no one is on.
I also know people have a tendency to start up games of Assassin every now and then, this issue would make those games difficult for anyone who is using the new client.
It's also just something that should be noted since it's not an issue if you're on the old client.
To add to this. There are certain spots during hide and seek that staff hide and you can see a shoe or their shadow or an ear, etc. and you know it's a staff member, but you cant say "I found you ___" because you can't see their name and it's frustrating because you've found them.

aiyana

Anyone else having problems seeing messages on the new client? Everyone I've talked to doesn't seem to have a problem but my messages show up blank on the new client, not sure if it's something specifically with my computer or not.

Anyone else having problems seeing messages on the new client? Everyone I've talked to doesn't seem to have a problem but my messages show up blank on the new client, not sure if it's something specifically with my computer or not.
Not sure what browser you are using to access the game, but messages currently don't appear in the Safari browser.
If that's the browser you've been using, then a temporary fix would be to use another browser, such as Google Chrome, to see the messages.

aiyana

Not sure what browser you are using to access the game, but messages currently don't appear in the Safari browser.
If that's the browser you've been using, then a temporary fix would be to use another browser, such as Google Chrome, to see the messages.
I was using safari! Thank you so much for the fix!

Anna

May I please have access :( I am having the worst time with not being able to see what me or other people are saying but I can still see their lips and heads move it's so frustrating. and horrible lag D:

justicegage

Best-Selling Female Artist of All Time
May I please have access :( I am having the worst time with not being able to see what me or other people are saying but I can still see their lips and heads move it's so frustrating. and horrible lag D:
I'm having similar problems (as well as room loading issues, frozen pop up boxes, inability to see the Magic Kingdom map to name a few.) I would love to also have access! Plus, I could utilize the mobile gameplay a lot with my long commute to work!

I forgot to disconnect my other monitor! Nonetheless, I am concerned that the aspect ratio bug showcased on the left when resizing the window could set unrealistic expectations of body image.

SnoBun

Snob/Official Rilla Grandma
Issues I noticed while using Safari: 1) Furniture # does not decline as you place items. For example I had 3 trees, placed two, it still said i had 3. I placed the last one and then it suddenly disappeared from inventory. 2) Cannot edit room description. 3) Aspect ratio gets messed up easily....

Issue I noticed while using Google Chrome: 1) Aspect ratio still gets messed up so easily. 2) When trying to edit room description cannot click in random location (i.e. to fix a typo) instead only can click at end of each "paragraph" and have to backspace/re-type whole thing. 3) Cannot double click pins to see them enlarged

Also, overall the graphics feel "fuzzy"? Unsure if this is a Mac issue or what, but other players mentioned same thing?

Last edited:
I forgot to disconnect my other monitor! Nonetheless, I am concerned that the aspect ratio bug showcased on the left when resizing the window could set unrealistic expectations of body image.
Issues I noticed while using Safari: 1) Furniture # does not decline as you place items. For example I had 3 trees, placed two, it still said i had 3. I placed the last one and then it suddenly disappeared from inventory. 2) Cannot edit room description. 3) Aspect ratio gets messed up easily....

Issue I noticed while using Google Chrome: 1) Aspect ratio still gets messed up so easily. 2) When trying to edit room description cannot click in random location (i.e. to fix a typo) instead only can click at end of each "paragraph" and have to backspace/re-type whole thing.

Also, overall the graphics feel "fuzzy"? Unsure if this is a Mac issue or what, but other players mentioned same thing?

For the aspect ratio bug, I've found that going into settings and clicking 4:3 again (even if it's already selected) usually fixes any issues for me!

Daniella

Sorry if this has already been posted but
1. POTC - the game ends when the last person is shot only once and not fully dead. Also several of our games shouldve ended after round 2 but went all the way to 4 rounds with the same team winning 4 times.
2. Haunted Mansion - steering with the mouse doesn't work at all and keyboard steering is super slow to change direction, it makes playing impossible. Also ctrl to vaccuum doesn't work?

Celeste

Little Ball of Sunshine ☼
I would just like to say I am so so excited to finally have the new client!! I’m sure these issues have already been mentioned here, but trading is impossible because you cannot send chat!! And also when trying to send a message to someone I dc’ed twice. So no messaging :/

I would just like to say I am so so excited to finally have the new client!! I’m sure these issues have already been mentioned here, but trading is impossible because you cannot send chat!! And also when trying to send a message to someone I dc’ed twice. So no messaging :/
A work around for this is to type chat into the game, as you are now able to walk around and talk while in a trade. Ideally, chat should work on computers, this was just a mobile bug for me.