New Client Feedback

I absolutely love the new client, especially the new wardrobe!! So far the only little bug I have noticed on mine is with the graphics of the darker skin tones - they have cracks all over the face. (well mine does, I haven't seen anyone else with darker skin yet, in order to know if it is just me.)

This is both a rant, something that I think can be fixed in the new client, and a heads up to anyone who is using the new client exclusively right now. When someone is hiding or behind something, their name does not pop up over whatever they are behind, basically you can't tell they are there. You also can't click on the person behind the item to get their Character information that way unless you hit in just the right spot. This has become a frustration in terms of hide-and-seek and is also a warning to anyone who hasn't attempted hide and seek on the new client yet that it basically useless to try unless no one is on.
I also know people have a tendency to start up games of Assassin every now and then, this issue would make those games difficult for anyone who is using the new client.
It's also just something that should be noted since it's not an issue if you're on the old client.
I am unable to do this and I am not using the new client. People have told me they can roll over staff members hiding behind objects and see their names. I am not able to simply roll over players, I have to click them in order to see their name and lanyard. During hide-and-seek events, I must click behind objects and hope that I click on a staff member. Perhaps this is just me?

Honestly, it felt very weird that I was able to play the game on my iPhone 6. One of my concerns that I noticed while testing it out was that some of the magic doesn’t work like the other client, some of the sitting features are wonky, credit amount doesn’t refresh after transaction, the outline of the avatars are noticeable, the pets are just blue orbs, also I can easily see the pink ? Cubes when I select an NPC.

Overall, it’s coming along great considering how smooth the animation are.

Fruits

Issues I noticed while using Safari: 1) Furniture # does not decline as you place items. For example I had 3 trees, placed two, it still said i had 3. I placed the last one and then it suddenly disappeared from inventory. 2) Cannot edit room description. 3) Aspect ratio gets messed up easily....

Issue I noticed while using Google Chrome: 1) Aspect ratio still gets messed up so easily. 2) When trying to edit room description cannot click in random location (i.e. to fix a typo) instead only can click at end of each "paragraph" and have to backspace/re-type whole thing. 3) Cannot double click pins to see them enlarged

Also, overall the graphics feel "fuzzy"? Unsure if this is a Mac issue or what, but other players mentioned same thing?
Graphics are fuzzier than the old client. I think Amy has already had this brought to her attention.

I would just like to say I am so so excited to finally have the new client!! I’m sure these issues have already been mentioned here, but trading is impossible because you cannot send chat!! And also when trying to send a message to someone I dc’ed twice. So no messaging :/
This is an issue specifically for using the new client on a mobile device. You can chat in the trade window while using the new client on a computer. I would recommend chatting outside of the trade window since you can now walk around and chat while in a trade. Another text bug to bring to some people’s attention is that you can not change your signature while on the new client. You must use the main text communication line(the text field at the bottom) and type “!sig” followed by a space and your signature you want in order to change your signature on the new client. Let me know if you need help or if that sounded confusing.

Honestly, it felt very weird that I was able to play the game on my iPhone 6. One of my concerns that I noticed while testing it out was that some of the magic doesn’t work like the other client, some of the sitting features are wonky, credit amount doesn’t refresh after transaction, the outline of the avatars are noticeable, the pets are just blue orbs, also I can easily see the pink ? Cubes when I select an NPC.

I believe the pink cubes are purposely implemented on the new client right now since you cannot actually click on the NPCs to get your credit rewards. You can also not click on the cash registers to pull up the specials. You have to manually click the shop button and then click the ‘specials’ section.

Pinkie_Poof

1. Can we get the friend's list (specifically online friends) in alphabetical order please? :)
  2. Also, the instances are very weird. It was saying the number for a while, now it always says 0 people for me. And I don't go in the instance I'm clicking to enter.
Love the new client, it's awesome!! I do go on Pal for Hide and Seek events due to certain bugs, and then I'm like "how was I patient enough for this!". New client is very fast.

Issues I noticed while using Safari: 1) Furniture # does not decline as you place items. For example I had 3 trees, placed two, it still said i had 3. I placed the last one and then it suddenly disappeared from inventory. 2) Cannot edit room description. 3) Aspect ratio gets messed up easily....

Issue I noticed while using Google Chrome: 1) Aspect ratio still gets messed up so easily. 2) When trying to edit room description cannot click in random location (i.e. to fix a typo) instead only can click at end of each "paragraph" and have to backspace/re-type whole thing. 3) Cannot double click pins to see them enlarged

Also, overall the graphics feel "fuzzy"? Unsure if this is a Mac issue or what, but other players mentioned same thing?
A temporary fix to the furniture issue you have, is to click away to another item and it will "refresh" that item total. The room description I also noticed was a little buggy but I'm able to backspace to delete characters and add them, I just click the spot where I would like to edit. As for the fuzziness, my window is sometimes "not aligned" or not as crisp so moving the window around your screen sometimes helps or my friends list will be a little broken so I drag it in game. Hope some of this helps!

I would just like to say I am so so excited to finally have the new client!! I’m sure these issues have already been mentioned here, but trading is impossible because you cannot send chat!! And also when trying to send a message to someone I dc’ed twice. So no messaging :/
Are you on mobile or computer? On mobile, that is currently a bug but on the computer if you click the up arrows like you're scrolling to see chat, it should fix any possible bugs and show the conversation![DOUBLEPOST=1517354802][/DOUBLEPOST]

Amy is working on getting the rest of the magics working on the new client and she has to code the pets as well. She's also aware of the pink cubes, it actually helps finding the "gems" or hidden items in quests XD

I am unable to do this and I am not using the new client. People have told me they can roll over staff members hiding behind objects and see their names. I am not able to simply roll over players, I have to click them in order to see their name and lanyard. During hide-and-seek events, I must click behind objects and hope that I click on a staff member. Perhaps this is just me?
You should be able to hover over a person in old client and see a name O.o it should look like this upload_2018-1-30_18-19-54.png
I also see that it works on new client so you might needa ask staff about that one
  1. Can we get the friend's list (specifically online friends) in alphabetical order please? :)
  2. Also, the instances are very weird. It was saying the number for a while, now it always says 0 people for me. And I don't go in the instance I'm clicking to enter.
Love the new client, it's awesome!! I do go on Pal for Hide and Seek events due to certain bugs, and then I'm like "how was I patient enough for this!". New client is very fast.
YASSS alphabetical order because I feel like I lost some of my friends lol
and I think the numbers for the queue are off by 1 instead of poofing you after 1 you're set to 0[DOUBLEPOST=1517356393][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sorry if this has already been posted but
1. POTC - the game ends when the last person is shot only once and not fully dead. Also several of our games shouldve ended after round 2 but went all the way to 4 rounds with the same team winning 4 times.
2. Haunted Mansion - steering with the mouse doesn't work at all and keyboard steering is super slow to change direction, it makes playing impossible. Also ctrl to vaccuum doesn't work?
With haunted mansion, I noticed when the timer is up and you need to find the right door, ghosts still pop out and you can still vacuum them up but my friend was having trouble finding his mouse to control his person as well.

Last edited:

Celeste

Little Ball of Sunshine ☼
A temporary fix to the furniture issue you have, is to click away to another item and it will "refresh" that item total. The room description I also noticed was a little buggy but I'm able to backspace to delete characters and add them, I just click the spot where I would like to edit. As for the fuzziness, my window is sometimes "not aligned" or not as crisp so moving the window around your screen sometimes helps or my friends list will be a little broken so I drag it in game. Hope some of this helps!

Are you on mobile or computer? On mobile, that is currently a bug but on the computer if you click the up arrows like you're scrolling to see chat, it should fix any possible bugs and show the conversation![DOUBLEPOST=1517354802][/DOUBLEPOST]
Amy is working on getting the rest of the magics working on the new client and she has to code the pets as well. She's also aware of the pink cubes, it actually helps finding the "gems" or hidden items in quests XD

You should be able to hover over a person in old client and see a name O.o it should look like this View attachment 11788
I also see that it works on new client so you might needa ask staff about that one

YASSS alphabetical order because I feel like I lost some of my friends lol
and I think the numbers for the queue are off by 1 instead of poofing you after 1 you're set to 0
Yeah I’m trying it out on my iPad

I am trying out the New Client and unable to start Jungle Cruise....click on start sign and nothing happens.
Anyone else having the same issue??

CaptainJax

...but you HAVE heard of me.
@Spuddley ye are definitely not alone. The mouse-over feature that displays names rarely works for me as well on the myvmkpal client. Clearing of my cache and relogging doesn't help, in fact, the mouse-over feature often starts working correctly after a crash or disconnect for some reason. I've talked to others with the same issue.

It is a huge disadvantage during hide and seek because we must click all over the place and hope to click a hiding staff member just right. I've even entered rooms where the staff members were awarding winners and I could still not click on them to see their names even though I could see where they were by the trading icons over them!

Thanks for sharing this issue Spuddley and you are not alone.

Hopefully, the new client will help resolve said issue. My hat is off to @Amy and her staff for all their work.

Fair winds!

Last edited:

SnoBun

Snob/Official Rilla Grandma
I still cannot see any chat in trade? Is this just me or a well-known issue? It seems to be this way on both chrome and safari for me currently...

Greenie

I LOVE the color GREEN!!!
I've too have found that while on a mobile device, I am unable to chat at all. The keyboard simply doesn't pop up to allow me to type. Not sure how to communicate while in the game via a mobile device, but perhaps that will one day be amended.

Fruits

I've too have found that while on a mobile device, I am unable to chat at all. The keyboard simply doesn't pop up to allow me to type. Not sure how to communicate while in the game via a mobile device, but perhaps that will one day be amended.
I would recommend letting the person you are trading know that you are on the new client and you cannot talk in a trade window. So you will be talking outside the trade window. You can still chat outside the trade window and walk around. So that is how I work around it for now. Annoying, I know. But we must adapt! (;[DOUBLEPOST=1517424293][/DOUBLEPOST]
I still cannot see any chat in trade? Is this just me or a well-known issue? It seems to be this way on both chrome and safari for me currently...
Try clicking the scroll up/down arrow for the text while in a trade. That usually makes the text pop up! Let me know if this doesn’t work!

Anyone know how to open the blind bags on the new client? I have it on my lanyard but it does not pop up under 'magics' to open it. I have tried entering a new room/relogging to see if that made a difference but it doesn't!