New here, some help please?

Hi everyone!! I recently hopped back onto MyVMK after originally discovering the remake in 2015. I was an AVID VMK player back when it was still open (rip). I've been playing a couple of days and I'm still a bit confused about everything: host events, item values, player hosted games, etc. If anyone has any tips/tricks on how to get back into everything, that would be greatly appreciated!

GuardGirl

Ace is the name, room recreation is the game.
Welcome back, @Celv_25 !! I’d be happy to help you out as much as I can!

Host events are of course games and such that are made by our hosts. You can find the event calendar that shows all the information about the events you’ll need (time (time is in EST), description, host) by either clicking “Event Calendar” on the games home page or by typing “myvmk.com/events” into your browser. The queue can sometimes get very long very quickly, so I suggest that you are ready to click it as fast as you can when it shows on the guest room list. You’ll know it’s a host event because it has the orange circle with a mickey right before the name, and the room owner will be whoever is hosting that particular event.

Item values can be found/requested right here on the forums by going to “Trading Post” and then “Values”. You can also browse through the current trade threads to see what items are going for. The search tool is very helpful once you’re in one of the more specific locations; “I’m Trading”. “Looking For”, and “Credit Trades”.

Player hosted games are quite like host events without the in game staff. Players host an array of games from “DHTF: Don’t Hit The Floor”, “Falling Chairs” or “COB: Cute or Boot” to more original, unique games. There are some great examples of the more unique player hosted games in the “Guest Rooms” section here on the forums, as well as the Best Game Room award winner posted on our newsletter (that can also be viewed from the home page). Best Guest/Game Room applications have now been implemented, and you can read all about it here: https://forums.myvmk.com/threads/changes-to-best-guest-room-and-best-game-room.63657/

Other helpful side notes: players most often hang out in the Fantasyland Courtyard and in the guest rooms. // There are double credits on the weekends.

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me and I can try my best to help you further. I’m AceHauntedPirate in game, so if you see me in game, send a hello my way! I hope you have a great time in the kingdom!

Last edited:
Hi there and welcome to the game. :)

All host events are listed over -here- on the Event Calendar on the MyVMK homepage. The events change each month depending on what "theme" we are currently in, and the prizes typically change each week (prizes include a main prize, consolation prize, and queue prize). When you enter a host event room, you'll get a message that has the instructions, and the hosts will typically explain the rules to you if you still have questions.

Item values differ from person to person, so there really isn't a "set" value, but the easiest way to find a value of something is to do a search for the item right here on the forums. On the top-right of the page, near your profile settings menu, there should be a search bar. Just type in the item that you are searching for and you should get a bunch of results from different trade threads. OR you can make a thread over -here- in the Values sub-forum. You might get a variety of answers to your value questions.

Player-hosted games are harder to find in my opinion, seeing as they usually aren't announced to the entire community. Sometimes you'll see a player-hosted event posted here on the forums, but other than that, I would keep an eye on the Popular Rooms list if you are looking for these kinds of events.

Quests are still a thing, and you can still win the OG diving, autopia, and space suit magics by doing these quests.

Also, each weekend, mini games offer double credits, meaning you get double the amount that you would normally get.

Hope this helps! :)

Hey welcome back!

The people above have given some great tips just thought i might add theres also 8(non player controlled) characters like the 3 ghosts in haunted mansion, dragon in the dungeon,matterhorn-yeti, esmeralda-emporium, shrunken ned in shrunken ned's shop, pirate in pirate treehouse that you can go every 12 hours and get credits. If your on the alpha client, there's a pink box in the rooms so click that to get the credits.There's also a ninth npc (gator) but it currently doesnt work on alpha client. It's not much credits but it does add up over time.

See you around the kingdom!

Hey welcome back!

The people above have given some great tips just thought i might add theres also 8(non player controlled) characters like the 3 ghosts in haunted mansion, dragon in the dungeon,matterhorn-yeti, esmeralda-emporium, shrunken ned in shrunken ned's shop, pirate in pirate treehouse that you can go every 12 hours and get credits. If your on the alpha client, there's a pink box in the rooms so click that to get the credits.There's also a ninth npc (gator) but it currently doesnt work on alpha client.

Expect- I've been back for a month and had no idea the pink box was for the NPC credits! Thanks!