New to MyVMK and has some questions

Hello! I used to play the original game and was actually there until the very end when they shut the game down. I've always thought about the game from time to time and recently found out that it was remade on here. This game looks amazing but my only annoyance is that I fear I joined it far too late. My question for anyone who wants to respond is that how often do they cycle through selling magics and clothes and old quests? Will I have another chance to be able to get rare items or did I miss my chance for joining this game so late?

They don't really re-release much that I'm aware of, they come out with a lot of new items that the OG game did not have. Occasional something will be offered in the ride a thon point store, not sure if anything has come back in crates or things like that.

They don't really re-release much that I'm aware of, they come out with a lot of new items that the OG game did not have. Occasional something will be offered in the ride a thon point store, not sure if anything has come back in crates or things like that.
What is the ride a thon point store and where can I find it?

the ride-a-thons happen during some months. you ride through during the event time, collect a point for each ride, and then can trade it in an item.
the very old OG items haven't been rereleased, and really only happened during the creation of the game. although, select items will be released during the holidays (and cowboy pants have made an appearance a few times)

now, this game runs on a credit based system. you can earn those through mini-games (one day of the weekend is double credits, earn twice the amount you would have on a normal day), as well as selling items. usually items that are hard to get will sell for a lot, and you can use that to purchase OG items ! (that's how i came across all of mine)

if you have any other questions please feel free to reach out !
it's definitely never too late to join and re-live the magic :-)

the ride-a-thons happen during some months. you ride through during the event time, collect a point for each ride, and then can trade it in an item.
the very old OG items haven't been rereleased, and really only happened during the creation of the game. although, select items will be released during the holidays (and cowboy pants have made an appearance a few times)

now, this game runs on a credit based system. you can earn those through mini-games (one day of the weekend is double credits, earn twice the amount you would have on a normal day), as well as selling items. usually items that are hard to get will sell for a lot, and you can use that to purchase OG items ! (that's how i came across all of mine)

if you have any other questions please feel free to reach out !
it's definitely never too late to join and re-live the magic :-)

Where do you go to purchase og items?

magellyn

People sell their items on the forums under the Trading Post, in either I'm Trading... or Credit Trades. You can search for a specific item you're looking for in the Search tab at the top right, and it will show you all posts that include those terms. Threads that are in the Archive have been closed, and you can no longer respond to them. There is also a trading post/chat on MyVMK's Discord server: discord.gg/VRJJWgZ

I just joined about three weeks ago after having played in the OG VMK, and I've earned a lot by playing Jungle Cruise and participating in host events and selling extra items I win. Jungle Cruise is single player, so you don't have to wait for anyone else to join, and every game is a win. It's not as fun as multiplayers and feels like it takes longer, but the payoff is better.

Bingly

Hello! I used to play the original game and was actually there until the very end when they shut the game down. I've always thought about the game from time to time and recently found out that it was remade on here. This game looks amazing but my only annoyance is that I fear I joined it far too late. My question for anyone who wants to respond is that how often do they cycle through selling magics and clothes and old quests? Will I have another chance to be able to get rare items or did I miss my chance for joining this game so late?

Welcome to MyVMK!! :D Super excited to meet you! In-game I am Bingly! :)

DigitalGold

People sell their items on the forums under the Trading Post, in either I'm Trading... or Credit Trades. You can search for a specific item you're looking for in the Search tab at the top right, and it will show you all posts that include those terms. Threads that are in the Archive have been closed, and you can no longer respond to them. There is also a trading post/chat on MyVMK's Discord server: discord.gg/VRJJWgZ

I just joined about three weeks ago after having played in the OG VMK, and I've earned a lot by playing Jungle Cruise and participating in host events and selling extra items I win. Jungle Cruise is single player, so you don't have to wait for anyone else to join, and every game is a win. It's not as fun as multiplayers and feels like it takes longer, but the payoff is better.
Yes!! This is so true. I also just joined within the past 3-4 weeks. I've had the most success playing Jungle Cruise on double credits day and also practicing fireworks (that game can be really hard, but you earn a lot if you're good).

The best way to build up credits (for me at least) is attending Host Events (you can find all of that information including the time in the "events tab" on the main MyVMK page) and selling the items I win in them that I don't want. If you win a Host Event, usually the prize will go for quite a bit.

I also attend a lot of auctions in-game (which can be found in the "guest rooms" section) and buy things there that sometimes go for really cheap. And then like Magellyn said, check forums frequently. People have sales on a daily basis and it's usually pretty easy to find what you want - and for a good price!

Anyway, it's not too late to join! :) Welcome back.

Very informative thread, thank you all. I too played the old VMK for most of it's run, and I enjoyed it tremendously. So happy to discover this version online a couple days ago. :CheshireBounce:

Thank you so very much! It's a trial to remember everything and try to catch up, in fact it's downright frustrating. But that only enhances my finding this VMK online and enjoying it all.