one items this week...

:c

I have to admit, having done stuff related with graphics and animation in the past for school, it really is a lot of work. Especially for a 3d game like VMK there are several different views you have to design, and it isn't easy (at least wasn't for me). My point is, cut the few designers we have some slack, we all have lives outside of VMK and we can only do the best we can..

Kelsey

:/

Maybe the current designers could make a thread or post videos on starters of how to design clothing/furniture. That way they're training people, and maybe make it easier on everyone.
I think this is such a good idea! Seems the game is understaffed, so I've been trying to think of a way to contribute/help out..... I'd certainly give this a shot!

I think the the problem of little items has a lot to do with understaffing. Its a lot to do for individuals especially if there are only one or two left doing it. Idk if paintingcat is the only one left but good for her taking on that load. But there were people willing to design and work for the game previously and quit because of how they felt they were treated. Sometimes I wish I could reapply because it really is enjoyable making items and there were good aspects, but then I remember how uncomfortable, pressuing and stressful it was and my mind shifts.
The videos a good idea :) tho. Hopefully some new talented souls could learn some design techniques from it. (but a fair warning if you want to design or become staff for the game there is a lot of drama behind the scenes, far past the pressure of comments from the players.) That was just my experience. I really do hope the game starts to thrive again.

Evehist

Sometimes I art.
Honestly, I've wanted to help give some interested people a few tips on designing, because it really is a fun and creative experience seeing your designs make it onto an actual game. However, I just can't help someone get involved in something that ended up just wasting my time and effort. Being a designer is a very thankless job and for the amount of time it takes to make items it's just not worth the disrespect from both the community as well as the staff. If someone has the passion and determination to put up with all the trials and tribulations of being a designer for MyVMK then there are a lot better places they deserve to be.

Myth

I think items should be thought out, spent a lot of time making, really feel like they have a place in the game.

Not quickly rushed together to have releases for the week.. I'd almost rather see recolors over quickly made items that clearly seem out of place quality-wise with the original vmk items.

Aren't there more items that haven't been released from the original game that could be released before new ones need to be made?
Idk

$0.2

Edit; I know this sounds ungrateful and picky, I appreciate the designers for their work and creativity I just think some items should have had more time spent on refining them instead of quickly putting them into the game

I think items should be thought out, spent a lot of time making, really feel like they have a place in the game.

Not quickly rushed together to have releases for the week.. I'd almost rather see recolors over quickly made items that clearly seem out of place quality-wise with the original vmk items.

Aren't there more items that haven't been released from the original game that could be released before new ones need to be made?
Idk

$0.2

Edit; I know this sounds ungrateful and picky, I appreciate the designers for their work and creativity I just think some items should have had more time spent on refining them instead of quickly putting them into the game
there was a discussion thread about this somewhere else that expresses your comment and people can agree with that