Origin of Your Username?

D.Va

Literal Princess
I've seen many interesting and unique usernames while on VMK and MyVMK, and I've always wondered what inspired people to choose them. I thought it might be fun to share the origins of our usernames, and what they mean, if anything!

My username, BuddyByte, started with my beloved cat. When I first started VMK, I was around 11 or 12, and I loved this cat so much I wanted my in game username to be Buddy, his name. Much to my disappointment, "Buddy" was already taken, so I had to choose from the name suggestions list that was provided. Among these was, of course, BuddyByte, and I've liked it so much that I've decided to use it again almost 6 years later.

What's your story? :)
Desdemona is the name of the heroine in the Shakespeare play Othello, but she is also the subject of the song Desdemona's Building a Rocketship by Jimmy Buffett and he was an enormous part of my childhood (I got a tattoo themed after his music). Plus the name is just cool to say. :)

Zelena

I chose Zelena, not because of OUAT, but i googled names that meant goddess of the moon and this beautiful name appeared.

Back in elementary/middle school (woah that was a long time ago now!!) I had the username Halozoe for my dogs name: Halo Zoe (pretty sure i used this for old vmk as well)

Then I think either 8th grade or just before highschool I came up with Melibee as a play on for my name;
I figured okie my middle name (my preferred name) is Melina--> Meli (Μελι) means honey in Greek... so Melibee~ There you go.

At the moment I'm trying to come up with a new username tho -- Why are user names so hard to come up with 눈_눈

Nokuto

My favorite video game characyer as of now is Noctis Lucis Caelum from Final Fantasy XV and the romanji of his name is Nokuto

Official_Riku

Wanna-Be Well-Known Player
Dinoluc- My first original VMK name was because my name is Lucas, and I evidently liked dinosaurs. That was my name also because it was my Disney acc name, so my username for VMK was also my username for Toontown :) (Dinoluc was also my first myVMK acc. Still don't remember why I quit that account xD..thinking about bringing it back)
Official_Riku- Riku is my favorite character from the popular video game (and manga) Kingdom Hearts. I think I just wanted to be official too. I regret every decision I make on the internet lol. (BTW I am not a magna/anime fan. Don't hmu about naruto or anything just cause I like KH :) )

I took art classes for a couple years, & the gallery only had Sam's brand sodas, one of which was Freshy. It tasted awful but it's all I would drink. & Since my name is Kizzie, I liked the alternate spelling Freshie better :)

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
A throwback to the classic videogames with Player One and Player Two, and also a reference to one of my favorite books, Ready Player One :)

RockStar_Olivia is named after Nick Jonas and his current girlfriend Olivia Culpo. The rockstar part comes from Nick Jonas as well as the Jonas Brothers. The Jonas Brothers broke up a month after the game started and I wanted to dedicate it to them and a girlfriend of my choice. I picked Olivia because I love her and Nick together. Plus, Olivia was Miss Universe at the time and my pageant watching obsession began that summer and I really admire her.

Last edited: