Pirate chest keys expiration??

Hi all! I just noticed on the forums newsletterit says that there is an expiry date on the POTC chest keys of 7 days? Has this always been the case? I think this is kind of odd. What if the items in the chests of a particular month don't appeal to you and you want to save your keys till next month?

Klimt

lover of art
At least during my time playing, this has always been the case. It results in a more even distribution of the gold chest prizes from month to month. If you don’t like the prizes for the current month, it’s better to collect keys the week before new releases!

In another thread it's said that the keys are distributed through some sort of algorythm of winnings in te games. So that would mean that it would be useless to play these games during the month except for the week before a new month starts if you're not into the items that are available in the current month. I play when I have time. That differs from day to day to even week to week. So it feels a little bit unfair that if you are getting keys you are actually forced to use them on items you don't want. Possibly I'm even not able to collect the stuff from next month which might be stuff you actually want to have because you don't have enough time to play. You get what I'm saying? Does this makes sense? There are months I have no interest in the pins that are available in SITS. So I hold on to SITS- pins until ther is something available that does appeal to me. Why wouldn't this be the same for the Pirate keys??