Please Blame Me....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myth

I don't think you did anything wrong. You are a genuine and caring person and I respect you a lot. Hope to see you in game someday and take care.

Thorn

Make it Green
This was not your fault Princess :(

Many, many people were sucked in- you were just the one with the biggest heart and most eagerness to help.

I hope to see you back in the game once you've recovered from this whole fraud-thing. You're really sweet, and I hope this doesn't burden your heart permanently <3

Megara

no sleep club
My heart goes out to you. You were being selfless, and that is in no way your fault - this person had many people fooled. Thank you for being kind to the community, it is well appreciated. You will be missed. :hug:

Pacific

Thank you for this post, Life. I have never had more respect for somebody than for you and the time you put into making this person feel comfortable with their situation. Regardless of how it all turned out, you expedited many of the smiles and good vibes that we all saw around the kingdom - and that's all that you should remember. Even if this person was fake, you were not. The genuine care and warmth that you offered proves your loving character, and it's wrong to feel as if you need to be blamed for anything. I am glad to have gotten closer to you because of this person, and I want you to to try and cherish the friendships and smiles that you have shared. See you real soon!

asyuna

I appreciate your apology. However, THE REAL SKYE confirms this wasnt her that was in game. Any idea of who it could have been??
seriously is there like some way to check if it was registered to the same ip as an active player?? obviously identity can't be release but I'm curious to know if it was an active regular player or not.

GuardGirl

Ace is the name, room recreation is the game.
N-no....if anything I am going to thank you even more.

Through this whole mess, you brought us together tonight and it was truly lovely to meet someone that cares as much as you did. It's hope restoring. I hope you're okay. Please know I'm always here for you.

Much love
AceHauntedPirate<3

savvy.max

Trading: http://tinyurl.com/savvymax
When I first saw the post and the room for SkyeViolet having dealt with my own personal loss in my life I too reached out to her and explained my story to her. I was given a pixel and I wanted something else. Knowing that staff was able to track trades a person made I told her that every item she ever traded / received could be given back with a few minutes of research and work by staff. I even told her that the pixel she gave out could become something else if she was willing to provide some verification of some sort. When I heard staff was willing to have a Club 33 party I suggested that a simple pin be made to replace the pixel in my inventory. I believe that even staff cried over this and are as disheartened as the rest of us. I think @Pacific said it best and appreciate his hard work making the pin a reality. It is a shame that people will associate this heartfelt pin with a feeling of being duped instead of the togetherness the entire community had over the loss we will all experience sometime in the future.

Blah I should probably get someone to proofread before I post but hopefully you understand that we don't blame you @DLR Princess

Last edited by a moderator:
When I first saw the post and the room for SkyeViolet having dealt with my own personal loss in my life I too reached out to her and explained my story to her. I was given a pixel and I wanted something else. Knowing that staff was able to track trades a person made I told her that every item she ever traded / received could be given back with a few minutes of research and work by staff. I even told her that the pixel she gave out could become something else if she was willing to provide some verification of some sort. When I heard staff was willing to have a Club 33 party I suggested that a simple pin be made to replace the pixel in my inventory. I believe that even staff cried over this and are as disheartened as the rest of us. I think @Pacific said it best and appreciate his hard work making the pin a reality. It is a shame that people will associate this heartfelt pin with a feeling of being duped instead of the togetherness the entire community had over the loss we will all experience sometime in the future.

So what VERIFICATION did she give?

savvy.max

Trading: http://tinyurl.com/savvymax
So what VERIFICATION did she give?
No this was a conversation I had with SkyeViolet not with staff. I don't believe that I brought up verification and most everything can be faked which makes verification impossible. I did however suggest that if a pin was made it be Nontradeable and Nonsellable. Also she did send an email to staff asking that all the items traded to her be returned after her final day after I told her that returning items would be possible.

RebeccaRock

@DLR Princess - Ignore what happen and focus on the fact that you showed us who we really are, compassionate and caring people. Because of your efforts, it showed all of us that there are a lot us that feel the same way, so circumstance aside, you have really helped to further strenghen our desire to know and meet other caring people in our little world.

Through all of this, I know you better, and many others, along with the type of people you are. I was excited to see others that also want to be caring and compassionate. Thank you!! Thank you for helping us to get to see who the caring people are. You are all family to me.
:hug::hearts::nod:

Thank you for this post, Life. I have never had more respect for somebody than for you and the time you put into making this person feel comfortable with their situation. Regardless of how it all turned out, you expedited many of the smiles and good vibes that we all saw around the kingdom - and that's all that you should remember. Even if this person was fake, you were not. The genuine care and warmth that you offered proves your loving character, and it's wrong to feel as if you need to be blamed for anything. I am glad to have gotten closer to you because of this person, and I want you to to try and cherish the friendships and smiles that you have shared. See you real soon!
We all play a game where we pretend to be things we are not. Its sad someone thought this was appropriate to pretend but consider this:

When have you seen this community come together to achieve a common goal? Usually its all about "how can I get that for me". This was one of the few times it was not about getting something for ourselves, it was about giving something of ourselves. The cause might have been a false one but the emotion, commitment and effort were not false, the love and respect shown for each other and this individual was not false and the outpouring of sentiment was not false. Consider this when you decide how and where to lay blame. Most of the individuals involved demonstrated the best of intentions and the highest form of respect you can offer in this type of venue. Pacific makes this as clear as possible, "genuine care and warmth" were shown and this fact should not be so easily dismissed.

Whether you believed this from the beginning, were a skeptic till the end or landed someplace in between, let this be a clear lesson that when needed this sometimes dysfunctional community can come together, work together and stand together. See the silver lining here, dismiss the drama and have a magical day.

Status
Not open for further replies.