Please Blame Me....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desert

So.. uh, are you trying for the sympathy vote here?
I got real upset when I saw this. Then looked and said , huh, im not friends with any of you or the people who liked your post and now everyone knows why.

Screenshots from (the real?) Skye's blog and the revealed blog. Perhaps it's just a coincidence.
Once again. not in my circle so the only thing left is for you to be forgiven.

Tohrukun

We all play a game where we pretend to be things we are not. Its sad someone thought this was appropriate to pretend but consider this:

When have you seen this community come together to achieve a common goal? Usually its all about "how can I get that for me". This was one of the few times it was not about getting something for ourselves, it was about giving something of ourselves. The cause might have been a false one but the emotion, commitment and effort were not false, the love and respect shown for each other and this individual was not false and the outpouring of sentiment was not false. Consider this when you decide how and where to lay blame. Most of the individuals involved demonstrated the best of intentions and the highest form of respect you can offer in this type of venue. Pacific makes this as clear as possible, "genuine care and warmth" were shown and this fact should not be so easily dismissed.

Whether you believed this from the beginning, were a skeptic till the end or landed someplace in between, let this be a clear lesson that when needed this sometimes dysfunctional community can come together, work together and stand together. See the silver lining here, dismiss the drama and have a magical day.

but really though

You've shown us what a sweet, caring person you are. It's not your fault that someone used you at all. That's all on the poser in my opinion.
I hope this situation won't stop you from being the incredibly caring person you are.

camzilla

End of MYVMK as we knew it 5/2/2015
No one ever knows who the other person is on the internet.
No one should become personally involved with another person no matter the " story" then going and contacting them in real life. Whether its on a dating site, on some other social media or on a game.

You guys showed everyone genuinely what goodhearted people do. You did so much for this person to make them feel good, and happy, and there was never any expectation of anything in return. You did good for the sake of good, I'll gladly err on the side of being good and kind every time. Many people opened up their hearts and did something nice for a stranger, pixels on a screen, and that's actually a good thing. In many ways one of the most positive things I've seen in this game since it started.

To all who worked hard for what they believed was kindness I applaud you, "you're da bomb!"

Last edited by a moderator:

EzraKoenig

A Modern Vampire of the City
With everything that has been going on I'm so skeptical of the sincerity of some individuals. I mean I don't get how anyone has the time to conjure up something like this. If my best friend was going to die or not I would not just announce it over a website….And also I don't feel like "bringing us together" based on lies is the way to go. I always respect an honest apology and respect that but we don't know if DLR princess and skye is the same person. Someone pointed up there that their blogs were the same. This could be some thing to get attention and "teach us a lesson". That's just my opinion, I like to be skeptical and evaluate the facts before blindly trusting and believing an incredulous story.

CandyCars

I don't think anyone should blame you without having some kind of proof.

I think you ( along with many of us ) believed this story and became very involved.

Hugs I hope you can come play soon! :hug::halcyon:

I see a lot of people saying you shouldn't blame DLR Princess because there is no proof. Yet, there is more information pointing towards DLR than against.
If you are gonna go and say you shouldn't blame without proof, then you shouldn't forgive so quickly without proof that DLR isn't skye or wasn't in on it.
It seems quite odd that an apology was deleted and just "Please Blame Me" is left.

Whispered

I see a lot of people saying you shouldn't blame DLR Princess because there is no proof. Yet, there is more information pointing towards DLR than against.
If you are gonna go and say you shouldn't blame without proof, then you shouldn't forgive so quickly without proof that DLR isn't skye or wasn't in on it.
It seems quite odd that an apology was deleted and just "Please Blame Me" is left.
There's not a preponderance of evidence, much less beyond a reasonable doubt. Literally pretty much the only evidence is that there's a blog post talking about wanting to be a Disney princess and the fact that they were friends in game. (I looked at Skye's blogs and the links on the you know what site, and I never saw what was screenshotted about DLR Princess).

Furthermore, do you seriously think staff would let this go on if DLR = SkyeViolet? Really? You think they'd let this drama continue instead of coming out and banning DLR, and removing this thread with an explanation? I sincerely doubt anyone, much less the admins of the site, are that dense.

There's not a preponderance of evidence, much less beyond a reasonable doubt. Literally pretty much the only evidence is that there's a blog post talking about wanting to be a Disney princess and the fact that they were friends in game. (I looked at Skye's blogs and the links on the you know what site, and I never saw what was screenshotted about DLR Princess).

Furthermore, do you seriously think staff would let this go on if DLR = SkyeViolet? Really? You think they'd let this drama continue instead of coming out and banning DLR, and removing this thread with an explanation? I sincerely doubt anyone, much less the admins of the site, are that dense.
Truth is Always stranger than fiction.

Guitar

I wouldn't put this pass any of them to be in on this mess.
Lies on top of lies. People would rather lie instead of telling the truth. The TRUTH will indeed set you free!

Whispered

If you're accusing me of Photoshopping... lol I just went back and checked, everything is still there.
@Guitar fair enough. You both (all) have your opinions/rememberance of things, and I have mine, and we'll have to leave it at that.

@Exist I'm not accusing you of anything. I just didn't see it. I'll trust that it was there somewhere and I just didn't see it. Now to semi-quote what I put in the other thread (announcement):

I'm disengaging from this topic all together. I'm not going to be posting in this or the other threads about it (save the thread I started about a only tangentially related discussion in debates). I respectfully request that you refrain from tagging me/quoting me in any of these threads with the purpose of trying to get my input/respond directly to me (ofc quoting is ok if you're just quoting it). I won't respond. I'm not going to let this whole thing ruin the magic and friends I have in the game.

I have another request - if anyone reading this has left the game because "the magic is ruined" or similar, please also leave the forums. MyVMK and the forums are, in effect, one and the same - it's meant to be the same community. Please don't stay around the forums only to partake in the drama threads. If you can't play anymore because you're that fed up with recent events, please leave us that can play to play. I sincerely hope you aren't trying to ruin the magic for others, but some people on the forums are directly continuing this drama after they've "ragequit" from the actual game, and it's spilling everywhere, and causing innocent people, who frankly don't care about the drama or forums or events, to have to leave because the magic is gone for them. Not because of what has happened, but because of all the drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.