Polaroid/Fujifilm Instax Cameras

Neda

I'm thinking about buying an instant [film] camera but I don't know what kind to get. I'm probably leaning more towards the Fujifilm kind over the Polaroid based on cost but I just wanted the opinions of people who own either camera to get a better idea.

Also I'm curious about the Polaroid/Fujifilm printers:
So if you know someone with this or have one yourself I'd like to know how you feel about it also.

Megara

no sleep club
I have a Fuji Instax Mini 90 Neo Classic, and I love it. It's one of (if not the only) instant camera with multiple functions that you can change to your liking. You can also choose to turn the flash off (which I know in other instant cameras, the flash is always on with no option to shut it). There's bulb mode, double exposure, macro, kids mode (for a fast shutter speed), and you can change the exposure brighter 2 stops or darker 1. Also has a rechargeable battery. I highly recommend it. :)

Neda

I have a Fuji Instax Mini 90 Neo Classic, and I love it. It's one of (if not the only) instant camera with multiple functions that you can change to your liking. You can also choose to turn the flash off (which I know in other instant cameras, the flash is always on with no option to shut it). There's bulb mode, double exposure, macro, kids mode (for a fast shutter speed), and you can change the exposure brighter 2 stops or darker 1. Also has a rechargeable battery. I highly recommend it. :)
That's actually the one that caught my eye first when I started looking into the cameras, it's seriously so beautiful to me lol! It's a bit pricier than the Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 camera though which is another one I've been looking at so I'm still on the fence.

Neda

ugh I want one too but the cost of film is ridic
Yeah it's insane, I figured it'd be a "special occasions" only type of thing for me.
I'm going to see my friends from High School in a couple of weeks and I want to be able to have pictures with them to hang on a clothesline I think it'd be cute.
Like this(or maybe something else, I haven't thought about it much yet):

Megara

no sleep club
That's actually the one that caught my eye first when I started looking into the cameras, it's seriously so beautiful to me lol! It's a bit pricier than the Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 camera though which is another one I've been looking at so I'm still on the fence.
I think it really depends on how creative/how much control you want over the photos you take. I bought the 90 Neo because I wanted to be able to change settings for different situations (ie., if it's dark, if it's too bright, if something is in motion, macro, etc.). If you just want a camera you can turn on and snap away without being able to change the settings regarding the atmosphere you're in, then I think the Mini 8 would be fine. :)

ugh I want one too but the cost of film is ridic
dang ye, it's expensive. I only use my instax as a trip camera, and put all my photos in a Polaroid album from my trips.

I have two Fujifilms, one that takes mini sized pictures and one that takes wide ones. The wide one is called the 200 or something and it's ridiculously huge, I save it for special occasions where I know I'll be taking group pictures. I have the mini 7, I think it's called, and it looks like a toy honestly and it's kinda cumbersome to bag around, but it's fun to take pictures with. If I could go back though, I'd probably dish out a hundred more for the neo classic because it looks a lot more like an actual camera.

I used them a lot when I first got them but now I've kinda chilled out with it once the appeal wore away. I love photography and having just one shot to take a good picture isn't very convenient for most of the occasions I use a camera. I actually want the printer myself; you can just take pictures on your phone and you know it'll look good when it prints, and it's fun being able to give away pictures to friends on a piece of instant film. The only thing about taking it on a instant camera that you won't get from a printer is the satisfaction of taking a really good pic and knowing that it's one of a kind, but that's not really that big of a deal lol

Neda

I have two Fujifilms, one that takes mini sized pictures and one that takes wide ones. The wide one is called the 200 or something and it's ridiculously huge, I save it for special occasions where I know I'll be taking group pictures. I have the mini 7, I think it's called, and it looks like a toy honestly and it's kinda cumbersome to bag around, but it's fun to take pictures with. If I could go back though, I'd probably dish out a hundred more for the neo classic because it looks a lot more like an actual camera.

I used them a lot when I first got them but now I've kinda chilled out with it once the appeal wore away. I love photography and having just one shot to take a good picture isn't very convenient for most of the occasions I use a camera. I actually want the printer myself; you can just take pictures on your phone and you know it'll look good when it prints, and it's fun being able to give away pictures to friends on a piece of instant film. The only thing about taking it on a instant camera that you won't get from a printer is the satisfaction of taking a really good pic and knowing that it's one of a kind, but that's not really that big of a deal lol
I ended up buying the big/wide one and it's nice but it's annoying how the flash never turns off(or maybe it does and I just don't know lol) the little one looked cute and the film is available in stores(the wide one has to be ordered on amazon for me :T) but I wasn't in to the idea of wallet sized pictures.

I honestly really wanted the printer but the app for the printer doesn't seem to be good because all of these people complain about it in the reviews for both the polaroid and fujifilm printer app.

how big are the photos that it prints? i ordered the polaroid 300 but im going to send it back since it only prints out 1.8" x 2.4" pictures :/

Neda

how big are the photos that it prints? i ordered the polaroid 300 but im going to send it back since it only prints out 1.8" x 2.4" pictures :/
(even though this isn't directed at me lol)
The camera you have and the camera she has takes the same sized pictures I believe.(wallet sized/the size of a credit card) The Fujifilm Instax 210 pictures are about twice the size of the pictures from the one you own. It's the only affordable instant film camera that takes a decent sized picture.(that I found at least)

(even though this isn't directed at me lol)
The camera you have and the camera she has takes the same sized pictures I believe.(wallet sized/the size of a credit card) The Fujifilm Instax 210 pictures are about twice the size of the pictures from the one you own. It's the only affordable instant film camera that takes a decent sized picture.(that I found at least)
thank you, i will check it out!

Neda

@McLovin The Instax 210's flash doesn't turn off though so that's a major downside. I think there's newer-ish version of this camera, the Fujifilm Instax Wide 300 so maybe check the Amazon reviews and all that jazz on that camera to see if it's the better of the two.

@McLovin The Instax 210's flash doesn't turn off though so that's a major downside. I think there's newer-ish version of this camera, the Fujifilm Instax Wide 300 so maybe check the Amazon reviews and all that jazz on that camera to see if it's the better of the two.
im still deciding if i want to buy one. did you end up purchasing one? if so how do you like it?

Neda

im still deciding if i want to buy one. did you end up purchasing one? if so how do you like it?
I did buy one and to be honest, I don't like it that much, but I think the only reason I don't like it is because of the flash and maybe because I don't necessarily know how to use it properly yet idk.
I'm an idiot and I've tried taking pictures of the sunset and sunrise (like honestly you'd think I'd learn the first time but I did this like 5 times lol) and all the pictures were awful/dark, bcs duh, I should've known better.
I threw the sky pictures away since they were pitch black but here are three random pictures I took just to test out the camera:
tumblr_nzoz8h7CzU1uv2c7io1_540.jpg
I put the sticker over my face because it was a bad selfie lol but I still included the picture just because you can see how it kind of made the edges vignette but my face ended up being hecka white because of the flash.
The first picture was of my christmas tree but because the blinds were open the tree didn't show up at all(it's a white tree)
I didn't take any other pictures because the film is expensive.

I did buy one and to be honest, I don't like it that much, but I think the only reason I don't like it is because of the flash and maybe because I don't necessarily know how to use it properly yet idk.
I'm an idiot and I've tried taking pictures of the sunset and sunrise (like honestly you'd think I'd learn the first time but I did this like 5 times lol) and all the pictures were awful/dark, bcs duh, I should've known better.
I threw the sky pictures away since they were pitch black but here are three random pictures I took just to test out the camera:
View attachment 7932
I put the sticker over my face because it was a bad selfie lol but I still included the picture just because you can see how it kind of made the edges vignette but my face ended up being hecka white because of the flash.
The first picture was of my christmas tree but because the blinds were open the tree didn't show up at all(it's a white tree)
I didn't take any other pictures because the film is expensive.
thanks for all the info. besides the lighting the photos do look nice. i have read they take better pictures outside rather than inside. i'm definitely gonna have to do some research on them cause idk anything about cameras lol