Post a Picture of Yourself. Again

philitup

The Internet Champion!
Although slightly off topic, the reason you think you look "less deformed" on Snapchat is because Snapchat takes mirrored photos of you and leaves them like that. The camera app on your phone will mirror the mirrored image of you to make it a non-mirrored image. xD

Make sense?

Basically, with the camera you see what you actually look like, where as on Snapchat you see the mirrored version of yourself, which is the version of yourself that you are comfortable, being that it is the version of yourself that you always see- In the mirror.

So don't worry, you're not some "ugly beast" just because you think you look bad in (non-mirrored) photos, it is simply that you're more comfortable with the "fake" you that you know so well. It's the same concept when people hate their "actual" voices. You're just not used to it. Start taking loads of photos of yourself and listening to your voice a bunch, that'll do it. ;)

Here's a famous photo of President Lincoln that's been mirrored to prove the point.
Ehhh I don't know about that. I always thought when seeing my friends' selfies that they always looked rather odd as opposed to when I look at them in real life. Even that picture of Lincon is basically the exact same, other than the fact that it's turned around. When we look at ourselves on our cameras it's like a completely different person. So.

If it was common sense I'm sure I would've heard it by now. It is common sense that the mirror shows everything on the opposite side, but like I said before, it's basically what you look like. I don't think we've been living a lie this whole time prior to the existence to comera phones...

Last edited:
Ehhh I don't know about that. I always thought when seeing my friends' selfies that they always looked rather odd as opposed to when I look at them in real life. Even that picture of Lincon is basically the exact same, other than the fact that it's turned around. When we look at ourselves on our cameras it's like a completely different person. So.

If it was common sense I'm sure I would've heard it by now. It is common sense that the mirror shows everything on the opposite side, but like I said before, it's basically what you look like. I don't think we've been living a lie this whole time prior to the existence to comera phones...
Who called it common sense? lol

What I stated was why you think you look "deformed" in the camera app, but not on snapchat. You thinking your friends' selfies look odd are probably because when we take photos of ourselves we take them in perfect lighting, in the perfect position, and at the perfect angle. People like looking good, so they tend to take the best picture possible.

PS, it's not like I just made that up, it's a pretty widely studied thing.

We'll never know though, since I can't see through your eyes and you can't see through mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

philitup

The Internet Champion!
What I stated was why you think you look "deformed" in the camera app, but not on snapchat. You thinking your friends' selfies look odd are probably because when what ever take photos of ourselves we take them in perfect lighting, in the perfect position, and at the perfect angle. People like looking good, so they tend to take the best picture possible.

PS, it's not like I just made that up, it's a pretty widely studied thing.

We'll never know though, since I can't see through your eyes and you can't see through mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think you made it up, I just rarely see anyone talk about it, I don't know anyone that believes it/has heard about it. I literally see my family members in the mirror all the time and they look exactly the same as they do when I look at them, same with when I get Snapchat from a friend. So you may believe what you want, you aren't stupid for it, but what you're telling me really doesn't add up.

Last edited: