POTC Games - South Lobby Updated!

In the past players who wanted to play friendly games always used to meet up and start in the South Lobby...

However, now with friendly being vastly more popular than battle on the weekends, I'm asking for the courtesy from the battle players to go to the South lobby to form games.

This helps you in a few ways.
You don't have to keep complaining about friendly players in the North Lobby.
Everyone in the lobby would be there for the same reason.
You won't accidentally join a friendly.
You won't ruin a friendly game by joining and leaving because you are not used to paying attention.

When someone leaves and you need a replacement there will be others there looking to jump in.

It's mutually beneficial, and that way you won't have to complain anymore. Please be considerate and use South Lobby to start your POTC battle.

Thanks for reading .

Last edited by a moderator:

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
In the past players who wanted to play friendly games always used to meet up and start in the South Lobby...

However, now with friendly being vastly more popular than battle on the weekends, I'm asking for the courtesy from the battle players to go to the South lobby to form games.

This helps you in a few ways.
You don't have to keep complaining about friendly players in the North Lobby.
Everyone in the lobby would be there for the same reason.
You won't accidentally join a friendly.
You won't ruin a friendly game by joining and leaving because you are not used to paying attention.

When someone leaves and you need a replacement there will be others there looking to jump in.

It's mutually beneficial, and that way you won't have to complain anymore. Please be considerate and use South Lobby to start your POTC battle.

Thanks for reading .
Battle players are playing the game it was meant to be played. Believe it or not, we still get new players to VMK pretty often. I imagine it would be quite frustrating for a newcomer to go to the pirates lobby looking to play Pirates (the way it was intended like in the original game) only to constantly be booted from games they try to join. They would have no idea that they need to go to the south lobby.

On the other hand, friendlies are played with the same group of people once you get started. With battle, the players join, leave, or switch games a lot more frequently, where a friendly game seems to stick with the same group. It's much easier for friendlies to move to South.

and friendly has been played since VMK opened up Capture the Flag, making friendly nothing new. Typically "newcomers" are returners from VMK. Those who are literal "newcomers" are few in many in my vast experience of playing friendlies with others. Though its rare, its a simple, let them know most captures are friendly, they say thank you, and carry on with their day. if you took all the friendlies and moved them to south, Returners, which are far more common, would be joining battle games and asking for friendly.
Therefore you'd be doing the EXACT same thing we friendly players have been doing now; telling them to go to south and that North is a "battle" only room.
On the other hand, friendlies are played with the same group of people once you get started. With battle, the players join, leave, or switch games a lot more frequently, where a friendly game seems to stick with the same group.
Sorry to say, but this is entirely wrong it's almost laughable. Friendlies change often due to people having to leave, people getting disconnected, players deciding to change to battle instead of friendly as a refresher- friendly games go easily through 30 different players and up depending on the length played.
I wouldn't even use that comment quoted above against you because it is that silly. Both games are easily subject to gaining different players all the time.
Sure, yes, there is a some groups that tend to stay with the same people, but that can easily be thrown back at those who play "battle".
I created this post as a satire to the original post that was created(if not and to be entirely honest with you here- I do not give 2 squats if battle and friendly continued to share the lobby. I actually think it's great.

The problem here is those who play battle are becoming hostile to those who play friendly. I have never once heard a friendly player whine, "I sure wish battle would move to the south lobby" or "Down with battle" whereas those who play battle are telling friendly to "get out." friendly games which are played much more often than battle in itself. It's faster, easier for those to earn credits at work or while doing homework.

That being said, if battle players are really crying that hard about friendly, then I suggest they move to the South Lobby.

Make MYVMK a friendly, cooperative place.

As discouraging as it is for adamant battle players, the ratio of battlers:friendlies has flipped. For the first few years POTC was open, there was a considerable amount more battle players than friendly players. Not so much anymore. For the ones who play competitively, it is a losing battle to constantly ask the friendlies to use South lobby as they originally would. The only possible solution we can come to is when @Amy updates the game to allow us to make private lobbies for parties..

riversroad

I agree with krypto. I am also kind of disgusted that is the mentality of some players. I would like to see this be addressed to. Players should not be attacking other players off of something so silly.

Rizz

I'm not surprised. People take competitiveness to another level sometimes, and often times (believe it or not) text doesn't translate equally well for everyone. Sometimes the intention is meant to be jokingly playful, but gets lost in the moment and perceived as something else.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Sorry, but knowingly going into a friendly and killing the players in there knowing they do not like it is not "competitiveness to another level."
It is another thing if it is with friends, if that is what you are getting at.

Rizz

Sorry, but knowingly going into a friendly and killing the players in there knowing they do not like it is not "competitiveness to another level".
It is another thing if it is with friends, if that is what you are getting at.
I'm talking about with good friends lol. I've went in and blown up my bestfriend, and people's initial reaction is that I'm a troll-until of course we both explain that we're just messing around. It doesn't affect their credits, so they don't care.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Rizz

That is a different situation and is acceptable, for obvious reasons.
What he did not fit into that category unfortunately.
Well technically they are playing the game the way it was intended to play. You can't really argue against that. I guess next time you're just going to have to boot them lol. They probably weren't paying attention, joined by mistake, and decided to troll while they were in there. I personally don't see anything wrong with what they said, it looked like they were just messing around to me. *shrugs*

That would be different granted it wasn't stated it was friendly before, and if he wasn't a regular POTC player. Since these pictures were taken on two different occasions for 2 different games that were stated beforehand they were friendly, I am going to have to say it is not likely it was a mistake.
I get you're okay with this behavior based on your first comment but it is not for other players.

If he is really that confused, maybe you can explain to him.

Rizz

That would be different granted it wasn't stated it was friendly before, and if he wasn't a regular POTC player. Since these pictures were taken on two different occasions for 2 different games that were stated beforehand they were friendly, I am going to have to say it is not likely it was a mistake.
I get you're okay with this behavior based on your first comment but it is not for other players.

If he is really that confused, maybe you can explain to him.
Oh I was just joking lol, the whole friendly vs battle thing is like a sporting event-it's so entertaining.
I don't see anything wrong with it, unless they are going out of their way and doing it repeatedly. If you've asked them to please join another lobby, and they keep doing it-then just send in a report. (Probably not a good idea to publicly announce who the players are either, just a heads up)
I think the idea of them being separated into two different lobbies is the best solution.

Edit: I don't think it's harassment unless it's a repeated offense on their part. Until Amy adds in that separate lobby, it's technically a community made game-type. They aren't breaking any rules yet. UNLESS they keep targeting you, then yes of course.

If you're into a one-side sporting event while one side is consistently harassing the other, i am not really sure what to say to you. LOL.

I think you missed part of my argument, so I will help you out, Rizz.

"I created this post as a satire to the original post that was created(if not and to be entirely honest with you here- I do not give 2 squats if battle and friendly continued to share the lobby. I actually think it's great.

The problem here is those who play battle are becoming hostile to those who play friendly. I have never once heard a friendly player whine, "I sure wish battle would move to the south lobby" or "Down with battle" whereas those who play battle are telling friendly to "get out."

If separating them into two lobbies will fix it, i am cool with that. But this consistent behavior is not cool, since this HAS been consistent, I decided to start posting.

I am also not going to sit idly by while certain players publicly announce groups to be banished or to be killed, or to be ended.
(Just a heads up.)

Rizz

If you're into a one-side sporting event while one side is consistently harassing the other, i am not really sure what to say to you. LOL.

I think you missed part of my argument, so I will help you out, Rizz.

"I created this post as a satire to the original post that was created(if not and to be entirely honest with you here- I do not give 2 squats if battle and friendly continued to share the lobby. I actually think it's great.

The problem here is those who play battle are becoming hostile to those who play friendly. I have never once heard a friendly player whine, "I sure wish battle would move to the south lobby" or "Down with battle" whereas those who play battle are telling friendly to "get out."

If separating them into two lobbies will fix it, i am cool with that. But this consistent behavior is not cool, since this HAS been consistent, I decided to start posting.

I am also not going to sit idly by while certain players publicly announce groups to be banished or to be killed, or to be ended.

(Just a heads up.)
Both have been sent reports to, but if they can't handle having their name here, then they need to learn to handle themselves and their pent-up anger on the issue while it gets fixed.

I have to be honest with you, maybe I'm a little slow here, but are you accusing people of making death threats over this? If that's the case, then you need to alert staff. All you're doing here is stirring up trouble. I'm not on either side, with the context of the matter aside: my argument was that it is indeed the intended way to play the game. Again putting the context of the matter ASIDE. If they are as you say, doing this consistently, and harassing you with the death threats and what-not, then it's a totally different matter; and posting about it here will only make it worse for you personally. You're making yourself a target. I give props to you, because I too am biased towards the little man-and I always root for the underdogs. In this case, initially you were not the underdog, the people you announced however were. So I hope that kind of helps you get what my intention was.
Just for clarification I'm not condoning any bullying whatsoever, only defending my initial argument to the debate.

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
and friendly has been played since VMK opened up Capture the Flag, making friendly nothing new. Typically "newcomers" are returners from VMK. Those who are literal "newcomers" are few in many in my vast experience of playing friendlies with others. Though its rare, its a simple, let them know most captures are friendly, they say thank you, and carry on with their day. if you took all the friendlies and moved them to south, Returners, which are far more common, would be joining battle games and asking for friendly.
Therefore you'd be doing the EXACT same thing we friendly players have been doing now; telling them to go to south and that North is a "battle" only room.

Sorry to say, but this is entirely wrong it's almost laughable. Friendlies change often due to people having to leave, people getting disconnected, players deciding to change to battle instead of friendly as a refresher- friendly games go easily through 30 different players and up depending on the length played.
I wouldn't even use that comment quoted above against you because it is that silly. Both games are easily subject to gaining different players all the time.
Sure, yes, there is a some groups that tend to stay with the same people, but that can easily be thrown back at those who play "battle".
I created this post as a satire to the original post that was created(if not and to be entirely honest with you here- I do not give 2 squats if battle and friendly continued to share the lobby. I actually think it's great.

The problem here is those who play battle are becoming hostile to those who play friendly. I have never once heard a friendly player whine, "I sure wish battle would move to the south lobby" or "Down with battle" whereas those who play battle are telling friendly to "get out." friendly games which are played much more often than battle in itself. It's faster, easier for those to earn credits at work or while doing homework.

That being said, if battle players are really crying that hard about friendly, then I suggest they move to the South Lobby.
I have attached some pictures and will continue to add as I see them to spell out some of the whiners in-game and hope they are addressed to.

The start of the crying will start with this:
View attachment 11285
View attachment 11286
rewolf
vanilla_Ninja
Lol the fact that you're being incredibly rude, as well as admitting your post was satire and was obviously intended just to bait people into arguing over this (When there was very recently another thread discussing friendlies vs battle), I'm not even going to bother to respond.

Don't feed the troll everybody.

I have already done but initially decided not to enclose that information.
I understand what you mean by "stirring up trouble" but I'd like you to look back upon the Original post, I think that enough have already stirred the pot.[DOUBLEPOST=1513556032][/DOUBLEPOST]
Lol the fact that you're being incredibly rude, as well as admitting your post was satire and was obviously intended just to bait people into arguing over this (When there was very recently another thread discussing friendlies vs battle), and then go on to break the rules by calling out specific players, I'm not even going to bother to respond.

Don't feed the troll everybody.
Rude?
you yourself posted on the Original post talking about how you and your friends have been scattered due to friendlys.
It is ironic you stated you weren't going to respond but respond anyway! If you think I am a troll, fine. I can understand that but if you think it's okay for people to take multiple hits at friendly players, but when they hit back and you start crying, then do not expect much help from me, or others.

*also, I think you may be a bit selective in terms of "rules." granted, this may be against the rules, I fully accept responsibility, but please once again check rule #1 and #7

Last edited:
Hello,

This is a friendly reminder to keep things respectful. Please keep this rule in mind when posting:
MyVMK Forums Rules said:
Be respectful of other players and staff. Remember that there is always a real person on the other side of that computer screen. It also means don't make posts calling out specific people for specific things, if you have an issue with someone, keep it to yourself.
This thread is becoming a debate on what to do with POTC lobbies, so it is being moved to Community Feedback.

Warm regards,
HOST_Duchess

PoorFroning

Why not move ship battles to the northwest lobby instead of the south. The northwest is way cooler. They got quality coffee unlike the south and wayyy better whale-watching.

In all seriousness though, a lot more people are wanting to play normal games again since the new client allows people to do so without resulting in them chucking their computers out the window because of lag. Bunch of old timers got on for the first time to play some last night because of it. That's not to say that the new client isn't buggy, but atleast we can control the movement of our ships better. The acceleration of the ratio mentioned by others is definitely reversing.

Last edited:

PoorFroning

Friendlies in general came before the CTF friendly and were originally a bannable offense under farming/boosting (which I'm glad is not the case today). Ship battle friendlies are little known of today which is rather unfortunate because they are actually more credit and key efficient than CTF friendlies (comparing both at their most efficient rates). Let's not rewrite the history of friendlies on VMK and claim that it started with CTF.

Last edited: