Private "Debates" Section How-To

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peaches

i have no gender & i must scream
Since all the recent discussion posts are being moved to a private subforum, I find it VERY necessary to have a PUBLIC post where people are made aware of its existence. From what I can see superficially(not looking through search function, it would be silly to be told you should've searched for something you did not know existed), there is no visible place that explains this feature. I would not have even known unless my friend told me how to find it. I had thought my post and the entire thread were deleted when they had actually been moved to this private forum. There was no notification (for my post) explaining this action, but is is possible only the thread poster was alerted because of the way the forums work.

To join this private section, you must mouse over/click on your username at the top right of the forum page. Next click "Join User Groups." The Debates forum is the only group currently, so click on that. Write a short message requesting membership, and you should be added promptly by a forum staff. As far as I know, no one is being denied, so I don't think the text even matters but, *shrug*

Once you are added, you gain access to the "Debates" subforum under "Misc." There are multiple threads posted, but you are most likely looking for the one named "Current Issues with MyVMK (May 2015)"

Last edited:
@Peaches

You should have gotten a PM or even a "warning" in PM form about why your thread was moved and where it was moved to. I remember moving a thread of Porcelains earlier today, but I'm not remembering yours. Maybe you could link me to the thread in question in a PM? Sorry either way about this oversight.

I'm going to move this to "Help!" and pin it to that section, because I had no idea people did not realize we had a debates section. The debates section was made a joinable group before I even joined the forum staff team as a regular moderator over a year ago. Here is a very old announcement thread about that section, and why it was made "private" so to speak:

http://forums.myvmk.com/threads/ranting-and-debates-sections.16369/

Hopefully this clears a few things up. We aren't trying to hide things, just keep things organized and in the right place. And you can see one of the other reasons the debates group is join-only is because it is one of the only places on the forums to discuss controversial topics. Clearly what to do about current issues with the game is controversial.

(I also changed the name of the thread you refer in your post to: Current Issues With MyVMK (May 2015); you might consider changing that in your original post)

Peaches

i have no gender & i must scream
@Captain-Heather At the time I did not get an alert that my post was moved. Maybe because it was only a post and not a thread therefore it didn't notify me. Anyway, thank you. I will edit the original post to reflect the appreciated change from "Drama" to "Current Issues" : )

krazybird

I might be missing something but I don't see a Misc. forum. Is that only viewable if you are granted access to the Debates sub-forum? I sent in a request and haven't received anything back yet but in looking at the Forum list, I don't even see a Misc. forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.