Q&A: Got something to ask about the new client? Come on in!

Shadowofumbreon

Will there be an Instant messenger feature in the future?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember in one of the old update videos you said something about having been working on a special checkers game (that wasn't Main Street Checkers) but one special made for the new client, and I was just wondering if this would still be happening. (or if by chance maybe, somehow, perhaps, main street checkers would happen to make their appearance with the new client.)

Last edited:

Amy

Head Administrator
Could this possibly work on a ps4 browser as well since I believe it supports html5?
Assuming it supports everything MyVMK uses, yes.

can someone explain to me how to play on iOS i just saw the tweet
You can't yet, this is coming out in the future.

Will you make a picture tutorial? I'm not sure how to use the client on my phone, since there are 3 options after logging in (Download for Windows or Mac, and Launch old client) and my phone is an Android :o
Hey Amy, I’ve been trying to open the client that’s listed on the forums, and I’ve followed instructions on how to open it but it still does not open on my computer

Same as above, this isn't out yet.

When this new client is released, will it be the "same game"? As in, can people still play on the old version and new client together? Or will everybody be forced to play the new client?
Both clients connect to the same server and are compatible. At first, the new client will be released as a beta but will still be the recommended way to play. Eventually, the old client will be phased out, as it's not practical to add new features to two codebases when one of them is so ancient and archaic. However, if you're worried about the changes to the client, the plan is to have you be able to turn most of them off by then (such as switch back to the classic clothes changer, inventory, thumbnails, etc).

I'm a bit confused? Will MyVMK work on Android Phones? I have chrome as my browser and when I try and enter the game it says plugin not supported. Just need some clarification. If this actually works I'll be so happy you have no idea! :dance2:
It will, it just isn't released yet.[DOUBLEPOST=1508913230,1508913165][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just curious, may've missed it, but when is the planned/tentative release date for the new client? On a percentage scale of 0-100%, how ready for prime-time is this beauty? :D
I haven't announced it yet because I'm trying to not promise date for it. I've had issues with that in the past because of personal problems that make it hard for me to keep to deadlines. The plan is to release it relatively soon though, in the grand scheme of things.[DOUBLEPOST=1508913259][/DOUBLEPOST]
I remember in one of the old update videos you said something about having been working on a special checkers game (that wasn't Main Street Checkers) but one special made for the new client, and I was just wondering if this would still be happening. (or if by chance maybe, somehow, perhaps, main street checkers would happen to make their appearance with the new client.)
No that's not happening, I don't know what I was thinking with that. But real checkers yes.[DOUBLEPOST=1508913294][/DOUBLEPOST]
Will there be an Instant messenger feature in the future?

I'm considering something like that, maybe with an app you can install to talk to people without logging into the game. But I'll have to see if there's any actual interest in that.

John

Will the UI be the same?
There are definitely some quality of life updates that could be made in the user experience

Amy

Head Administrator
Will the UI be the same?
There are definitely some quality of life updates that could be made in the user experience
Mostly the same, to keep the same feel. However, I might add different modes in the future if there's enough cause for it (for instance, there's definitely enough cause for a mobile only overhaul).

justicegage

Best-Selling Female Artist of All Time
Will the beta be available for ALL players on initial release?? I’m so excited to be able to play on the bus on my way to work in the morning!

goobie

violent delights
I'm not entirely sure how this works and if this is an issue with our computers individually or how the game is running but I know quite a fair number of us have a lot of issues when riding the Dark Rides. Is this something that would run smoother with the new client? Or is this more of an issue with our individual connections? Sorry if this is dumb. I'm definitely not a computer person.

I hate to pile on since I know it can be overwhelming to have people adding things to your to-do list faster than you can cross them off, but hopefully this one would be easily implemented or maybe is already done but I just missed it.

Right now, for me, the most frustrating UI on MyVMK is the lanyard. It takes way too long to set up pins the way you want them and the pins are sorted alphabetically, which seems needlessly confusing. Any time you want to do SITS or pirate chests, even if you just take away a couple of pins to make space, it invariably messes up the placement of all of your pins, and since you can only place pins in the next available slot, you then have no choice but to take them all off and start over. Are there any plans to make pins draggable within the inventory lanyard, or (and maybe this would even be possible within the current client) to at least have the pins appear in the inventory lanyard in the order in which they're clicked (and the order in which they will appear to other players)?

I hate to pile on since I know it can be overwhelming to have people adding things to your to-do list faster than you can cross them off, but hopefully this one would be easily implemented or maybe is already done but I just missed it.

Right now, for me, the most frustrating UI on MyVMK is the lanyard. It takes way too long to set up pins the way you want them and the pins are sorted alphabetically, which seems needlessly confusing. Any time you want to do SITS or pirate chests, even if you just take away a couple of pins to make space, it invariably messes up the placement of all of your pins, and since you can only place pins in the next available slot, you then have no choice but to take them all off and start over. Are there any plans to make pins draggable within the inventory lanyard, or (and maybe this would even be possible within the current client) to at least have the pins appear in the inventory lanyard in the order in which they're clicked (and the order in which they will appear to other players)?
Yes! This is a huge issue i spent 2 hours doing my lanyard the other day :(

hellooo Amy! I heard that building is different on the new client so I was wondering how it is different because building is definitely one of my favorite parts of myvmk. Thanks for all that you do! :CheshireBounce:

HapaBruja

Ur Fave Mixed Witch
Any updates on a release? Christmas is around the corner & I don't wanna miss it :)

Amy

Head Administrator

Yes that's planned just not right away. Some improvements aren't hard to implement but can't be added until the old client is gone so backwards compatibility is maintained.

Any updates on a release? Christmas is around the corner & I don't wanna miss it :)
Running a little behind schedule, things have been... busy. Hopefully will still come out before christmas, I have a huge list... lol

Yes that's planned just not right away. Some improvements aren't hard to implement but can't be added until the old client is gone so backwards compatibility is maintained.

Running a little behind schedule, things have been... busy. Hopefully will still come out before christmas, I have a huge list... lol
Hey! 2 questions! Will we lose our items from the old client? And will Hosts/Staff change?? Ty ur work is amazing! <3 Merry Christmas!

xoxo, Briana