Question(s) about Born In Park Badge Question about the badge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whispered

ok but why didn't you find my face on the Leave a Legacy things to take a picture of that as proof of me visiting a park -.-

@Absolem Good question btw, if I were able to get my Leave a Legacy location and send it to you, would that count, since you kinda had to visit EPCOT while they were selling them to get on it?

Myth

ok but why didn't you find my face on the Leave a Legacy things to take a picture of that as proof of me visiting a park -.-

@Absolem Good question btw, if I were able to get my Leave a Legacy location and send it to you, would that count, since you kinda had to visit EPCOT while they were selling them to get on it?
The offer is only valid after July 1st, 2015

PudgeTheFish

Because you aren't actually visiting rn.. and this is not what it is asking to do.

Whispered

my face is perpetually visiting the park. and it's proof that i visited in the past.

part of the reason we got that is because we can't afford to go every year like some people. we get a chance to go maybe once every 7-8 years... last time i went was in 09 and it probably won't be until 18 when i have another chance to go rofl.

i feel like people with concrete (literally ROFL) proof that they were there in the past, especially around the time VMK was originally open, should be given the pin as well. It is, after all, the born in park pin, not the "visited after we established this program" pin.

PudgeTheFish

Actually there are ways to go by having friends "take" you there. So do that then. You can't just have an exception because then I would take pictures from when i was there and use those.

Myth

my face is perpetually visiting the park. and it's proof that i visited in the past.

part of the reason we got that is because we can't afford to go every year like some people. we get a chance to go maybe once every 7-8 years... last time i went was in 09 and it probably won't be until 18 when i have another chance to go rofl.

i feel like people with concrete (literally ROFL) proof that they were there in the past, especially around the time VMK was originally open, should be given the pin as well. It is, after all, the born in park pin, not the "visited after we established this program" pin.
I understand your point, like I really do, but so many of us have been to one of the parks that the badge wouldn't be as special if every single person had one. Like people would be sending in pictures of them at Disney in diapers and who knows if that's even them or not

Whispered

Actually there are ways to go by having friends "take" you there. So do that then. You can't just have an exception because then I would take pictures from when i was there and use those.
There's a difference between that, which has no concrete proof you took the pictures, and having your actual face as a permanent (or at least until 2027 per contractual obligation) part of EPCOT.

Whispered

I understand your point, like I really do, but so many of us have been to one of the parks that the badge wouldn't be as special if every single person had one. Like people would be sending in pictures of them at Disney in diapers and who knows if that's even them or not
I mean, like I said above, there's a difference between a picture of someone at a park, and a certificate proving that your face is a permanent part of EPCOT (2027 at least)

Whispered

@Whispered I don't think you understand the point of the badge. The whole point is to take your MyVMK character to the park... so how does taking a photo of a photo of your real life self qualify? Get someone to take your character to the park, it's as simple as that.
The whole point to me seems to be to reward people who visit parks in real life - the way to prove this is taking a cutout of your MyVMK avatar. I was simply just asking if something alternative would be considered. This was kind of a rude post..

I don't think *you* understand the point of the badge if you think the point is to get people to take their VMK character to the parks, lol.

PudgeTheFish

The whole point to me seems to be to reward people who visit parks in real life - the way to prove this is taking a cutout of your MyVMK avatar. I was simply just asking if something alternative would be considered. This was kind of a rude post..

I don't think *you* understand the point of the badge if you think the point is to get people to take their VMK character to the parks, lol.
Eh, actually it is, otherwise it wouldn't be in the rules.

Exist

based goddess

I'm sorry if you thought I was coming off as rude as that wasn't my intention. Anyway, to quote directly from the rules thread:
@Absolem said:
Planning on visiting one of the Disney parks? Well, make sure you bring a flat of your avatar along with you! Starting today, you can earn the 'Born in Park' badge in-game, by taking a photo of your avatar at one of the Disney Parks!
@Absolem said:
3. You must visit a DISNEY park. ANY Disney Park! Disneyland, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disneyland Paris, etc. You get the idea. (Downtown Disney/Hotels do NOT qualify as a park!) So no visiting Shrek in Universal and trying to pass it off! :whistle:This offer is only valid for visits starting JULY 1, 2015! Meaning, if you went before July 1, 2015, you will NOT qualify.
The point is literally to take your avatar there. And the rules clearly state if you visited before July 1st, 2015, you don't qualify.

HOST_Absolem

MyVMK Staff
Staff member
MyVMK Staff
MyVMK Staff

No. :) You must print yourself out, have the current date in the photo, and have a landmark in your background. As per the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.